What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: New Tabac
Brush: Parker silver tip badger
Razor: 1948-1950 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Aftershave: witch hazel, Skin Bracer

When I bought the Tabac soap, I didn't realize they had reformulated it. I've been using it, of course, but if I had known this is what I was going to get, I wouldn't have bought it. I did a three pass shave today. Definitely a BBS...if that baby had one hair on its hiney.

I give this shave a 9.999/10 because there was one little whisker by the Adam's apple that craftily evaded the razor blade like Neo dodging bullets in The Matrix.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
9CF6611F-11BF-4DFF-B831-B7AEEFC29DBC.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapA&E Revolution, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Red Baron Silver tip Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorYaqi OC Slant, China 🇨🇳
BladeAstra SS, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceAmouage Interlude, Oman 🇴🇲
Rating8.5/10

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (D3)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Hugo Boss AS Lotion
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)
Brush: Grizzly Bay Empress / 26mm V10 Fanchurian (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Lime Zest (w/ dollop of PAA Scentsless CK-6 added)
Aftershave: Stirling Coconut Lime Splash
Rating: 10/10

Another fantastic shave that left me smooth, smiling and smelling great. As the weather is still decent here, I’m trying to squeeze in my last few shaves with my warm weather soaps before they get put away for the winter.

7D592DDE-05F0-471F-A13D-6B49B172CBB3.jpeg

Sept Stirling Thu 23 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Henkels Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
A wonderfully happy scent from this soap. The lather is just so creamy and very slick...
Reached my 70th SR shave with this razor. Very enjoyable session. The razor's edge was as smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were awesome! Rating 9.5/10
20210923_145911.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Baylis and Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng Aftershave Balm

Tools
- 1960's Plastic Handle Tech
- BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
- Semogue Torga C5 Boar

Fragrance for the day:
Essens Beauty version of Creed Viking

Shave Rating: 7/10
First ever shave with this razor and it feels very mild even with a fresh BIC loaded into it! I ended up with some irritation around my neck (more than I had yesterday) so there is something about this setup I am not getting right. I don't think the light plastic handle helps so I'll be trying it with a heavier handle on my next shave as I have a feeling I am using too much pressure due to the weight and mildness of the razor.
I also had my final shave with Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli in my current rotation. For me the performance and scent are excellent with the only slight quirk being that my loading time seems to vary every shave!
Today's lather was made even better with my new lather scuttle from Steve Woodhead pottery. It's starting to get cold in Scotland so having warm lather for every pass is something I am looking forward to!

bowl2.jpgbowl.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - PAA Tube 2.0
Soap: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny
Brush: AP Shave Co. synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny splash

A great shave! Wasn't sure where this soap would land on the slickness scale, it's a vegan soap with quite a number of slickening oils in it, but it performed very well...definitely making the cut. Gillette Platinum blade felt fine on shave #3...feels like it could keep going. No picture today...pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

CDA13A5E-CF92-4C52-B41F-9D7B35817CA1.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Homemade Lavender

Good morning! While tidying my shelves the other day, I found a Stirling soap sample I’d forgotten about, so brought it out today. Bergamot Lavender is a very nice scent. Since I had lavender essential oil already, figured I’d try my hand at an aftershave splash. I used grain alcohol, witch hazel, glycerin, menthol, and lavender oil. I think it came out pretty well, though the lavender doesn’t hang around that long. DFS+ though my mind must have drifted as I got a couple weepers.

9/10

23 September 2021
20210923_061629.jpg

Prep / Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using—Gray Dog—Ohio
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Cream:
Proraso Green—Tube Only remaining cream
Blade:
Dorco Stainless—South Korea Shave #7
Lathering Brush:
Omega—11126--Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG light buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.5 DFS+
Comments:
Another nice shave this morning. Noticed more stubble, but no nicks or weepers. Blade hinting it is wearing out.

A strangely disappointing shave today, given that the gear is all proven and the beard a 48-hour:

Gillette NEW Short Comb/Feather blade (3)

PAA Atmotic soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic brush

Clubman Special Reserve AS; Assured lotion, Clubman powder

For some reason the Atmotic whipped up unsatisfyingly thin. Slick as usual, and I don't require that my lather be billowy, but thin nevertheless. I face-lathered twice, then applied the razor. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG, and a little cleanup. Smooth and without irritation, but I'm surprised at the Atmotic.

Verdict: 9.2.

Razor: Maggard SB Slant on a
WCS BR 47 Handle
Blade: Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: Vie-Long 13755 Horse, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: Captain's Choice Venture Shaving Cream

Veleiro After Shave Splash

I find the Maggard SB Slant a little on the mild side. It's comfortable and gives a good, close shave. The Captain's Choice Venture Shaving Cream sample has about one shave left. It's good but I hesitate to purchase any new software until I use some more up.
The horse brush was good but not my favorite horse.
The Witch Hazel and Veleiro After Shave Splash were excellent. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. 9.5

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Baylis and Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng Aftershave Balm

Tools
- 1960's Plastic Handle Tech
- BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
- Semogue Torga C5 Boar

Fragrance for the day:
Essens Beauty version of Creed Viking

Shave Rating: 7/10
First ever shave with this razor and it feels very mild even with a fresh BIC loaded into it! I ended up with some irritation around my neck (more than I had yesterday) so there is something about this setup I am not getting right. I don't think the light plastic handle helps so I'll be trying it with a heavier handle on my next shave as I have a feeling I am using too much pressure due to the weight and mildness of the razor.
I also had my final shave with Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli in my current rotation. For me the performance and scent are excellent with the only slight quirk being that my loading time seems to vary every shave!
Today's lather was made even better with my new lather scuttle from Steve Woodhead pottery. It's starting to get cold in Scotland so having warm lather for every pass is something I am looking forward to!

View attachment 1332821View attachment 1332822
That's a great looking scuttle.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Omega Evo 28 mm Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
9/10
Comments
Second us of the Omega Evo 28 mm syn brush. I am favorably impressed with the brush. Soft with a nice backbone. The Wolfman is using the Personna blade for the second shave. A nice, BBS shave although I did have two small weepers on my neck. I had some arthritic pains in my hands and I am sure that caused the shaver error. A decent shave, nevertheless. Have a good one, B&Bers.

Razor: EVER-READY 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Snoopy
Soap: RazoRock Green Label
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Baker Street

The Shave: WTG x2/ATG passes. ER 1912 is my favorite razor for a new PTFE blade, it is smooth and forgiving for a new blade.
Pouring rain for the last 14 hours so I thought the Green Label would work well on this dreary day. And it did!
B&B Beagle (my Snoopy) performance is great, a fun little brush that I’m fortunate to have. Baker Street pairs well with the Green Label. A very nice DFS shave 9.5/10.
855F47DF-2118-4F61-9BE1-7153F28F638C.jpeg
B917CD57-F058-46AC-A7F0-492FC0AB12FE.jpeg
CFD198E7-3FA2-4B1A-B14F-6CB85E530E49.jpeg

Top Bottom