Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
I should have picked up an Eco instead of the Hawk. There’s nothing wrong with the Hawk, but I find those longer AC bladed razors are not as configurable to my facial features as an Eco with its standard blade length would be.

Razor: GEM G-Bar (V-Slim Heavy Flat Top) 1955-58
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (11)
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Purely Skinful - BAR-BEAR-IC (Black Bear Tallow)
Aftershave: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC

C16AD382-8328-4971-8A35-AC21B9CAF8A1.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
A Bear of a shave!
Eleven shaves and still smooth. I had planned to ditch this blade after ten shaves, but it just keep performing so admirably that I keep saying “okay, one more and your out of here”. GEM G-Bar…nice!
Black bears and berries seem to work well together. This black bear tallow soap is nice and slick while the aroma of dark berries is delicious.
I’m of the opinion that black bear tallow works better in a soap than it does up a tree in my front yard.
4368FE1C-3074-4B63-B784-F0E6BB02D8D0.jpeg

Welcome aboard! That's a fantastic setup! I have a Merkur 34c in my den as well. I like it but I found that using a vintage 1959 Gillette 195 aka the Fatboy has taken my shaving to higher levels.
Hi awk_m4, thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it 🙏 🙏 I am glad you like the Merkur 34C also and I absolutely love your set-up when you post updates! The 1959 Gillette is such a classic, you are right, and it has so much history, I'm thinking back to the 60's I can imagine famous people like JFK or others looking at that razor and thinking, wow that's cool :) Thanks for sharing with me your favourites, have a great evening :)

View attachment 1332376

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021

This morning was a bit gloomy. Today’s mug shave featured the Wade & Butcher 7/8. The three pass shave went well leaving your happy narrator acceptably smooth. A series of graduated pasted strops in the form of my Constroption continues to maintain stellar edges for me. There is definitely a sharpening effect, as I’ve noticed that a honed razor that won’t quite pass the styrofoam peanut test after finishing a touch up, will do so after a pass through the Constroption.

The dome shave was really excellent today. I sometimes forget that the inventor of the Autostrop and Probak razors, Henry Gaisman, spent 40 years perfecting his Autostrop design with the VC4, today’s dome shaver representing his final design. This razor never fails to deliver an absolutely superb noggin shave. The other Autostrops are great shavers as well, but there’s just something about this particular final model that checks all the boxes for me. Two ATG passes and I’m cool, clean, and very velveteen.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop Model VC4 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10. (18)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.
Beautiful set-up Jgreenepa, and your razor and stand looks so tidy and unique!

SOD Wednesday September 22, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (42)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

This blade felt smoother on the second shave. I'm very happy with the results.
View attachment 1332410
I love this, it's so simple but so effective, can't go wrong with that set-up :) It has inspired me to make my set-up more simple too, thanks for this 🙏

Razor: Maggard SB Slant on a WCS BR 47 Handle
Blade: Israeli Personna (2)
Brush: WSP Black Badger, 21mm
Bowl: RazoRock Ceramic

Lather: Old Spice Fresh Lime Shaving Cream

Pitralon Classic Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I'm loving the colourful vibes of your set-up and products :) Your brush and razor go so well together too, it's just too fun to look at all these pics, getting addicted haha :D

I should have picked up an Eco instead of the Hawk. There’s nothing wrong with the Hawk, but I find those longer AC bladed razors are not as configurable to my facial features as an Eco with its standard blade length would be.
I don't need another blade format to stock either. This razor originally didn't impress me, but I gave it another chance and I really like it now. I bought it for Shark Week, just for grins. I used it with Shark SC blades, which aren't that great and the original aluminum handle. It was a decent shave but kind of blah. Adding the stainless handle gives the razor the weight and balance that it needs and the Astra blades make a HUGE difference! I like it!

20210921_080255.jpg

Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20-9-2021

Agua y jabón :: Lodrino :: JiM Creative Shaving :: Raw Shaving RS10, Feather :: Floïd, Mentolado vigoroso

proxy.php

21-9-2021

Agua y jabón :: Martin de Candre, Fougère :: Morris & Forndran :: Asylum, Feather :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

proxy.php

22-9-2021

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann :: Semogue, Galahad :: Wolfman WR2, Feather :: Brummel

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalku

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

S.O.T.D - Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Pre-shave:- PAA Ice-Tube 2.0
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush: Razor Emporium 26mm Badger
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor/Blade:- Schick Adjustable / Personna 74 (10)
Post:- Shave Nation Wide Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Balm / Clubman Body Powder
After-shave:- Stirling Ozark Mountain​
20210922_122031.jpg

Today:
Brush: Elite Azurite with Malachite 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Tallow + Steel Indian Bay
Razor: Raw RS-10
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow
Aftershave: DR Harris Bay Rum

I received the RS-10 yesterday from a BST. It wasn't cheap but I'm quite delighted. For the first time using a new razor, I don't think I've ever had a better beginning -- smooth, smooth, smooth and a nice close shave. Feeling wonderful hours later.

2021.09.22 - RS-10 Indian Bay DRH  Bay Elite Quartz.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom