What's new

Fountain pen newbie saying hi

I have been on the shaving related pages of B&B for a while now, however I can now join The Nib thanks to a generous birthday gift from my girlfriend.
20210921_180646.jpg

I believe that this particular variant of Parker pen is a Frontier, she even had my name engraved on the cap.

20210921_180709.jpg

I have started a journal to get some practice at using it and so far I'm enjoying using it.

I gather that this is one of this sites many rabbit holes, hopefully I won't chase this particular bunny too much 😅

Nice. She's a keeper.

Yep she's definitely a keeper for more ways than one. For example, the Gillette Tech that triggered my rad...was a gift from her, before that I was happy with my Wilkinson sword Classic. In other news I suspect that taking my journal to the pub* for practice may produce interesting reading in the future, and I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to say in the journal.

:a8:

* Original post was made in a pub.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Lovely gift and welcome to fountain pens. Don't forget to pen a nice thank you note. And take it from a guy who's been married twenty year, dropping the occasional love note is always appreciated too.

Perhaps we need to dispel the notion that The Nib is only for fountain pens. All writing tools and stationary are welcome.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Yep she's definitely a keeper for more ways than one. For example, the Gillette Tech that triggered my rad...was a gift from her, before that I was happy with my Wilkinson sword Classic. In other news I suspect that taking my journal to the pub* for practice may produce interesting reading in the future, and I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to say in the journal.

:a8:

* Original post was made in a pub.
I recall that Hemmingway was a proponent of writing drunk and editing sober...

That is a forever pen and a wonderful introduction to an iconic brand.

Platinum Advice re penning a TY note with that pen.

Should you think about buying vintage-the Parker 45 would be a logical step

1. Sub 50 USD in most variations

2. A lot of variation available in both all metal and pens with resin/Plastic bodies

3. Will use the same converter/cartridges as the pen you presently have.

Top Bottom