Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace, The Deamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s shave starts with the Coates Sandalwood cream coupled with the Paladin El Dorado brush – one of my favorite brushes. The brush easily made a nice lather. The Wolfman is loaded with a Wizamet blade for the second shave with this combo. A smooth, BBS shave. Have a great day, folks.

SOD Tuesday September 21, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso White (33)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso White
Not the smoothest blade I've ever tried but happy with the results.
Have a great day!

IMG_7590.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (2.5) (2) (1)
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic (local shop)

Lather: RazoRock Irish Countryside Shaving Cream Soap

RazoRock Irish Countryside After Shaving Splash

BBS 10

Have a great day everyone
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

33555A17-B363-4649-A17C-14EA86AA5EB4.jpeg

Hi everyone, I am honoured to join this community with you all, this is my first post and I'm 1 year into the wet-shaving experience. As a 26 year old living in the UK, I have found something which can keep me excited or motivated to survive during the week, before I never had such an excitement or regular hobby ever in my life. Your pictures and shave sets are so fun to look at, I am starting to get addicted haha, it inspired me to take a photo of my current signature set-up in my first post, thanks for reading :)

Signature Shave:

Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wilkinson Sword
Lather - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
AS - Alum + Nivea Soft Cream

Accessories:

Protective Leather Blade Sleeve - Parker
Ceramic Bowl & Cotton Towel - Tesco's Fox & Ivy
Plastic Soap Case - Wilko

Tue 21 SR SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash.
A break from Stirling today. The SW soap qualities are very good too. The lather was creamy and slick with a scent I can only describe as pumpkinish...perhaps some tobaccoish...
Shave again with this razor after putting it through the pasted balsa progression. Still nice & smooth with some improvement to the edge...slightly keener. 3passes for an improved result of dfs/ccs/sas and no issues. Matching aftershave was good with some added frost drops but definitely not a family favorite😅.
20210921_134504.jpg

737564C5-3AD5-4A68-A76D-FBBC721E03D7.png

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 21, 2021

Given that this is the last day before SWMBO returns, I broke out one of my old favorites, Ogallala Bay Rum AS. It’s back to relatively unscented or lime products tomorrow. The mug shave this morning featured my Frederick Reynolds rattler grind. I hadn’t shaved with this razor in some time, and it began to tug a bit on the third pass. This is a very wavy blade, and has always presented a honing challenge. So it’s back to the Naniwa 12k and the 9 Ball slate for a refresh. Despite the tug, the result was acceptably smooth

The silver plated Autostrop VB2 was the singular luxury model of Gaisman’s designs, and always delivers a top tier noggin shave as it did this morning. It came in a shiny silver toned case with two silver plated blade cases. This model reflected the success of the early Roaring Twenties and was killed by the 1928 stock market crash and depression that followed. I feel fortunate to have the complete cased version of this lovely safety razor. I loaded my last carbon steel FAS-10 Feather blade. I may need to resort to the FHS-10 SS blades as I’m having problems sourcing the carbon steel which respond well to the stropping function of this beautiful little razor. In any case, two ATG dome passes and I’m porcelain smooth. The Ogallala Bay Rum was the icing on the cake.

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds Rattler 5/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop VB2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Ogallala Bay Rum AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Rockwell T2 4/5, Gillette Super 84 7, Treet Falcons MDC. Model T I find a bit clunky and inelegant compared to the Black Beauty but once dialed down to 4 I found it a far better performer on this day. Surprised how much more blade one gets at the 5 setting, 4 felt just right. Probably could have gotten to a BBS on my head with a second lather but elected just to do pickups with the Shake Sharp.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Hello Jeff, I believe this is the first time I have seen adjustable razors in your large collection. Looks like a model T has been added.

View attachment 1331965

Hi everyone, I am honoured to join this community with you all, this is my first post and I'm 1 year into the wet-shaving experience. As a 26 year old living in the UK, I have found something which can keep me excited or motivated to survive during the week, before I never had such an excitement or regular hobby ever in my life. Your pictures and shave sets are so fun to look at, I am starting to get addicted haha, it inspired me to take a photo of my current signature set-up in my first post, thanks for reading :)

Signature Shave:

Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wilkinson Sword
Lather - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
AS - Alum + Nivea Soft Cream

Accessories:

Protective Leather Blade Sleeve - Parker
Ceramic Bowl & Cotton Towel - Tesco's Fox & Ivy
Plastic Soap Case - Wilko
You're very welcome here and thank you for sharing your post. I have several razors but the Merkur HD 34 is one I use on average at least once a week. I have the 34 Chrome and the Gold both. They shave the same, only the looks are different.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, SEptemper, 21st 2021

Razor: Star bar#4 model- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, very easy to shave with and the audio feedback is just what I enjoy the most. I mostly receive stellar shaves with this lather catcher.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, I really enjoy this masculine scented soap with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued, there's hope )
Brush: Yaqi 24mm High mountain Silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea moisturizer balm(great + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD,  Sep 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

You're very welcome here and thank you for sharing your post. I have several razors but the Merkur HD 34 is one I use on average at least once a week. I have the 34 Chrome and the Gold both. They shave the same, only the looks are different.

Thanks so much for your lovely reply, and for welcoming me :) I am happy you also like the Merkur 34C, and it just feels so classic when holding it right? The gold sounds so cool too, nice that you like these. I bought the 34C because I wanted something smaller than my first DE, which was a Wilkinson Sword TTO (also a great razor). I hope you enjoy your next 34C shave :D 🙏

Razor: Harrys
Blade: Harrys cartridge
Brush: Stirling 24mm synthetic
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man
Balm: Gillette gel
Aftershave: Citrus Musk & English Leather

9DEE93D2-D659-4DFC-92B9-0F552E79701E.jpeg

I haven’t used the Harrys cartridge for a very long time and wanted to refresh my memory. Very mild and it produced a DFS after 3 passes. It’s very easy to use it, but doesn’t make for a better shave.
When I was in high school I used English Leather Lime. I mixed some English Leather and Citrus Musk, 50:50, and it is similar enough to remind me of what I wore a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom