What's new

Potjie pot cooking

The start of some chili today 😁
64445232-3EF9-4B46-BB90-FCC091FEB5B2.jpeg
B25C54FA-51EB-4A49-9F6F-7FEC69CCAAF4.jpeg

I had to google potjie to understand. So a deep Dutch oven originally from Africa. Pretty cool thing. Would be a great addition to the camp kook kit.

Here it is half way there unfortunately no pics of finished product. Turned out amazing! Will be doing this again very soon. As far as recipe it was nothing special. 2 lbs ground beef, diced onions and green peppers, a few cloves of garlic sautéed in the potjie pot till brown. Then added 3 cans of red kidney beans, two large cans of crushed and diced tomatoes and one can of diced jalapeños and a pack of chili seasoning. Quick and easy.
02DC9AB7-134F-4C2A-9EBB-1C7BE3F4CA0E.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here it is half way there unfortunately no pics of finished product. Turned out amazing! Will be doing this again very soon. As far as recipe it was nothing special. 2 lbs ground beef, diced onions and green peppers, a few cloves of garlic sautéed in the potjie pot till brown. Then added 3 cans of red kidney beans, two large cans of crushed and diced tomatoes and one can of diced jalapeños and a pack of chili seasoning. Quick and easy. View attachment 1331711
I think I can smell it! Now I NEED one....

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You might need to do another one with a picture of the result! :tongue_sm

I've heard of those before but did not try making one yet. It's on my to-do list. Good job!

Top Bottom