What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I actually 'overslept ' so the 4 AM shave was a rushed affair at 4.45. I rubbed Arko on my face , then rinsed some off, and added Barbasol. Two quick passes. The whole thing was finished in 3 minutes. Proraso green balm and Floid Vigoroso to finish. Still in restraint.

Still in

Fatip Open Comb Slant
Astra SP (8)
Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
Palmolive Classic Shavecream
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm

IMG-3387.jpg

SOTD
  • Slim on 4
  • Nacet (?)
  • Stirling Orange Chill/Omega Eucalyptus
  • Yaqi 24mm synthetic
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Stirling Bergamot Lavender AS
Three days' growth fell off my face, helped along by my trusty Slim - my favorite, until I acquired the Rockwell 6S - and a Nacet of questionable age. Maybe I should just bin the blade and start the count again, but as long as it's doing the needful, why take it out of the game?

My in-laws, always the sweet and thoughtful pair, brought a tube of Omega Eucalyptus shaving cream from Italy for me. It's...fine. The scent is nice, but the lather isn't great. In an effort to use everything I have, I've taken to squirting an inch-long extrusion of cream into the Stirling Orange Chill tub and loading both at the same time. I wasn't particularly stoked with the performance of the Stirling soap, either, but this combination gives me amazingly dense, creamy, protective and slick lather with an enjoyable, complex scent. I think I have a winner on my hands.

Onward!

linty1

My wallet cries.
I need to pick up a can/try that barbasol, I went by wally world the other day and it was like $2.50 cad a can? Seemed inexpensive. I'll do it for refill period next/end of the month.

Still in.

No shave today, I could shave, and actually would love to, just no time today (that barbasol would be handy right about now). I do have shaving cream (like the non-can variety) but I think I'll just wait.

Owen Bawn

I need to pick up a can/try that barbasol, I went by wally world the other day and it was like $2.50 cad a can? Seemed inexpensive. I'll do it for refill period next/end of the month.

Still in.

No shave today, I could shave, and actually would love to, just no time today (that barbasol would be handy right about now). I do have shaving cream (like the non-can variety) but I think I'll just wait.
In Canada you can get the Proraso canned foam. It's probably better than Barbasol.

Still in,
Nearly an excellent shave with the Ti Blackbird today. I'm still unsure of what's up with my usual combination of it with a Voskhod, it didn't feel right last week so I decided to pair it up to a wizamet. It seemed to do the trick, save one final dry pass to pick up a stray whisker I missed along the way. That left me with the most shaving damage I have had in some time, like six weepers in a square inch of my face. It was a little rough.
20210920_212523.jpg

In Canada you can get the Proraso canned foam. It's probably better than Barbasol.

I saw a can of Proraso in a TK Max in Newmarket a couple of weeks ago. I dont shop in Tk Max often so I have no idea if that is something that they regularly stock. But I would expect it to be better than the canned gel that I used back in my cartridge days, however as that item doesn't qualify as needed purchase I couldn't find out.

Still Out.

I went for a back to basics shave with my Parker Variant Adjustable and it was very refreshing, it's efficiency and blade chatter at higher settings gave a very organic kind of feeling shave.

Parker Variant Adjustable
Wilkinson Sword (Indian)
Stirling Duke
RazoRock Beehive
Witch Hazel

No photo today.

Owen Bawn

The first cool morning of autumn, so I tried a few new bits of software. A Gillette Silver Blue blade on shave #3 in the trusty red tip Super Speed. The Simpsons Commodore x2 synthetic brush made a perfect lather with the Pre de Provence 63 soap. A little CeraVe moisturizer and my first ever spritzes of the PdP 63 EdT. I rather like this EdT... and the price is certainly right.
Still in restraint.

Top Bottom