What's new

The Club - Signature review

I've gotten my nasty hands on this bad boy and honestly I love kaizen and kaizen2 bases (haven't tried k2e, yet..) and it is really good!
I'll try and review my experience as elaborately as possible for those thinking of it.

First, I think it's the K2 base, not entirely sure but I can't really differentiate between them reliably.

My use case is my own, I am bearded yet I shave around my beard and the neck-beard daily like a hairy beast.

Anyways, let's get to it.

First of all, scent.
The scent is sweet tobacco that gives off a masculine vibe that I love (huge sucker for tobacco scents!) and it has woody notes that compliment the vibe perfectly. Peter is strongly scent - oriented (and has a great base to hold the scent).
Idk if that's because of the beard but I can smell the scent on me for a couple hours after the shave (using unscented aftershave routine). Love the scent strength!
I love the scent and for me it's a 10/10!

Lather.
Okay I usually bowl lather, sometimes face lather (on the beard and it's great!), or in the palm of my hand (my dirty favorite way tbh). In any way I used this soap, it produces a thick voluminous lather with great shine and stiff peaks just like I love (I think it only adds to my pleasure and experience to have it whip up into a Santa beard.
It lathers so easily, just a pleasure to have on my brushes!
That's a solid 10/10, easy any way I chose to use.

Shave performance
During the shave, it feels slick and protective over my sensitive delicate skin even though my beard is coarse.
The feeling is that the KAI and Feather blades just glide on my skin even though it's in a super old janky vintage gillettes razor.
For me That's a 10/10 here too.
It might change but so far it's up there with everything I've tried, I haven't met a soap that surpasses it yet.

Post shave
Post shave feels like it can improve, and thus it's a 9/10. It did leave my skin feeling very supple and soft but I have a feeling it can go just a tiny bit better. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's a criteria for post shave products or k2e will wow me with a 10/10? Let's wait and see!

Packaging
Okay I can't say it's bad, I like it somewhat, but I love the artsy packages Peter has like the pin-up series or cherry pie, this just seems a little too simple for me.
It has to be 7/10. It's, not BAD, it's just not such a beautiful like The Club has on other soaps.
With that said, it's really not too important when the soap is that good!

To sum it all up, I give it 46/50.

As always, I'm new so I know it might not be perfect but I'm open to tips and criticism for further improvement!

Blessed shaves everyone!
20210918_125903.jpg

I've gotten my nasty hands on this bad boy and honestly I love kaizen and kaizen2 bases (haven't tried k2e, yet..) and it is really good!
I'll try and review my experience as elaborately as possible for those thinking of it.

First, I think it's the K2 base, not entirely sure but I can't really differentiate between them reliably.

My use case is my own, I am bearded yet I shave around my beard and the neck-beard daily like a hairy beast.

Anyways, let's get to it.

First of all, scent.
The scent is sweet tobacco that gives off a masculine vibe that I love (huge sucker for tobacco scents!) and it has woody notes that compliment the vibe perfectly. Peter is strongly scent - oriented (and has a great base to hold the scent).
Idk if that's because of the beard but I can smell the scent on me for a couple hours after the shave (using unscented aftershave routine). Love the scent strength!
I love the scent and for me it's a 10/10!

Lather.
Okay I usually bowl lather, sometimes face lather (on the beard and it's great!), or in the palm of my hand (my dirty favorite way tbh). In any way I used this soap, it produces a thick voluminous lather with great shine and stiff peaks just like I love (I think it only adds to my pleasure and experience to have it whip up into a Santa beard.
It lathers so easily, just a pleasure to have on my brushes!
That's a solid 10/10, easy any way I chose to use.

Shave performance
During the shave, it feels slick and protective over my sensitive delicate skin even though my beard is coarse.
The feeling is that the KAI and Feather blades just glide on my skin even though it's in a super old janky vintage gillettes razor.
For me That's a 10/10 here too.
It might change but so far it's up there with everything I've tried, I haven't met a soap that surpasses it yet.

Post shave
Post shave feels like it can improve, and thus it's a 9/10. It did leave my skin feeling very supple and soft but I have a feeling it can go just a tiny bit better. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's a criteria for post shave products or k2e will wow me with a 10/10? Let's wait and see!

Packaging
Okay I can't say it's bad, I like it somewhat, but I love the artsy packages Peter has like the pin-up series or cherry pie, this just seems a little too simple for me.
It has to be 7/10. It's, not BAD, it's just not such a beautiful like The Club has on other soaps.
With that said, it's really not too important when the soap is that good!

To sum it all up, I give it 46/50.

As always, I'm new so I know it might not be perfect but I'm open to tips and criticism for further improvement!

Blessed shaves everyone!
View attachment 1331265

One thing I forgot to mention - it pairs nicely with Don by Xerjoff (EDP). Not a cheap fragrance by any means but one of my favorites!

I used up a tub of the Signature earlier this year.....great soap. Smells good and performs great. The only thing I will ding it on is it's super soft and I used it up fairly quickly compared to my other soaps.

Top Bottom