What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Just half a litre…
4E0BB732-27EB-4757-852D-78A6ADE9F978.jpeg
8655CAB0-5630-444F-997A-EE1DFA5FDFBC.jpeg

Wonder what’s cooking in those Buffalo Trace barrels!!!
11E30F63-DE61-45ED-880B-68B179A51FE8.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^
The 4 style Spiegelau set would be a great start. I actually have 2 sets of the stout glasses, and one wheat beer glass set from Spiegelau. I have busted a couple just from washing them, so warn your friend.

I'm not too fussy about having the exact glass for the beer style, but my beers almost always are presented in a glass.

Hmmm... looks like a couple fellas posted before me!

20210920_093041.jpg

An imperial brown ale from Founder's. 11.1%, cellar temperature.
I was expecting a derivative of Sumatra or Underground Mountain, but this one stands on its own. At first you get an overwhelming sweetness, but it becomes more acceptable as you sip. The booziness was there, but not in your face; it reminded me of Central Waters Brewing efforts.
Actually, it was "elegant." A cocktail in a beer bottle! Worth the 4 pack.

^^^
The 4 style Spiegelau set would be a great start. I actually have 2 sets of the stout glasses, and one wheat beer glass set from Spiegelau. I have busted a couple just from washing them, so warn your friend.

I'm not too fussy about having the exact glass for the beer style, but my beers almost always are presented in a glass.

Hmmm... looks like a couple fellas posted before me!
HA so you know what's really funny, she got them today and already texted me (completely unprompted) saying that she's for sure going to break some of these 🤣

HA so you know what's really funny, she got them today and already texted me (completely unprompted) saying that she's for sure going to break some of these 🤣
It's almost like you're drinking from a light bulb. Nice glasses, but fragile. Amazon reviews complain about the thin glass.

Last edited:
20210922_105850.jpg

Yum.
Founder's reputation as a barrel-aged brewer centers around KBS, but honestly I think Central Waters does it better. All of their offerings have a unique character, and the barrel/alcohol burn is very subtle; almost non-existent. I was worried about the cinnamon, but again, there was just a hint.
Picked up a 4 pack of KBS Espresso Cinnamon Cocoa, too.

20210925_165609.jpg

Too harsh. The cinnamon is over done. Interesting foam; two-toned. Sweet, and the booziness is masked by the cinnamon bite. No individuality as this offering doesn't stray too far from the original "acorn," which is KBS. Central Water's Cassian Sunset was nicer.

Top Bottom