What's new

Tapatalk

Tapatalk is not compatible with modern Website upgrades - what is your experience with Tapatalk?

• I use Tapatalk exclusively on B&B, I need it.

• I use the Mobile Website on B&B, I don't need it.

• I use both the Mobile site and Tapatalk but prefer Tapatalk

• I use both the Mobile site and Tapatalk but prefer the Mobile site

• I don't use Tapatalk

Results are only viewable after voting.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gents, we upgraded our modern Xenforo software and ran into some issues with Tapatalk compatibility.
Generally speaking, we have found that Tapatalk does not configure their software to be compatible with sites, they expect that the sites configure themselves to be compatible with Tapatalk.
Please answer the poll about your preferences.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was wondering what was going on the last day or so, thanks for the update. I’ve found Tapatalk to be a great way to stay engaged across several different forums from a single source. Hoping there can be a way to get it compatible again!
Yeah, one would think that since they have both a "free" and a paid version that they would work to be compatible with websites not just sit and expect everyone to conform to their app. That's not how apps are supposed to work.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, one would think that since they have both a "free" and a paid version that they would work to be compatible with websites not just sit and expect everyone to conform to their app. That's not how apps are supposed to work.

+1 and a big Amen to this. :)

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Bump for some action!
Action, action we want some action!

Thanks for getting feedback on this before ditching Tapatalk. Even though I quit using it some years ago I appreciate the effort. I mostly use my iPad these days for my online activities. The big computer has been relegated to business use and the phone is a bit small for forum activities.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I mostly use the mobile site for browsing, I think it's neat that there's always a menu at the top and I can see alerts, messages and choose from the hamburger drop down where I want to go.
If I have to write a lot, I use the desktop because it's more convenient for me to type on a keyboard than the screen.

Last edited:
I'm probably not the best user to comment on this subject, but here goes. I do about 99% of my B&B on iPhone 6S. So small screen, and plenty of typos. But it’s convenient. I use Tapatalk as a way to receive notifications. If there is a way to get notifications on my phone via B&B, I would be ok with that.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I gave up using Tapatalk when B&B moved to Xenforo. The mobile site operates 99% like the desktop site.

I was using Tapatalk to receive alerts as well. But I found I was opening B&B several times a day regardless of alerts. And there is nothing here that requires my instant attention when an alert comes in. So I just look at the alerts whenever I open B&B.

Since the mobile version looks just like the desktop it has made Tapatalk obsolete for me. Thus, I haven’t used it in years - well however long it’s been since B&B moved to Xenforo.

I realize some people like the alerts and may not come back until they get one. Unfortunately iOS users can’t benefit from the browser alerts that B&B/Xenforo offers. Whereas anyone else can simply turn on browser alerts. And once again - Tapatalk would be obsolete if all you want is the alerts. For iOS users you can make sure your B&B settings for alert also send you an email. This way you can axe Tapatalk from your life and still receive alerts.

If B&B chooses to not use Tapatalk it won’t be the end of the world. There are ways around it that will allow anyone to continue to use B&B as they did before.

oh yeah - I vote get rid of it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Top Bottom