What's new

“Rotations” ? Totally Unnecessary.

One razor, one brush, one type of blade, and William's Mug soap is all I use.

I do enjoy variety in my food.

Red Beans and rice with cream corn and canned pears
Black Beans and rice with gold corn and canned peaches
Pinto Beans and rice with peas and canned pineapples
Brown beans and rice with lentils and canned fruit salad.

You'd think I'm getting ready for an apocalypse since I have a six-month supply of food and about 50 years of shaving stuff. My bills are also paid ahead for a full year now.

We can tell by the way you talk,
You’re a shaving man,
No time to talk

2F6A3C5C-520F-4A17-9D52-C1389C639FFF.jpeg

One razor, one brush, one type of blade, and William's Mug soap is all I use.

I do enjoy variety in my food.

Red Beans and rice with cream corn and canned pears
Black Beans and rice with gold corn and canned peaches
Pinto Beans and rice with peas and canned pineapples
Brown beans and rice with lentils and canned fruit salad.

You'd think I'm getting ready for an apocalypse since I have a six-month supply of food and about 50 years of shaving stuff. My bills are also paid ahead for a full year now.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I feel no need to spend recurring sums of money for things which won’t perform better than what my current gear does. I’ll wager you that my morning shave is as close, comfortable, and satisfying as yours.

You'll never know if something is better than your current gear unless you try something else and consequently, that wager sounds like a bet that can never be proven. But if you really want to satisfy your own curiosity, you're going to have to try something different. The forums can help if you decide to branch out.

I have a few razors I would be willing to pif to you if you're interested...no cost to you. Some brushes and soaps also. Just private message me and I'll set you up.

And last, but definitely not least, thank you for your service.

And...hey! Who put the 'More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy' on my profile? S'ok...sounds good!

Last edited:
being a minimalist having only one tool for the job and a hoarder with several lifetime worth of dupplies are just the two end of the same spectrum I feel. if the spectrum itself is bad, bot ends are bad. If it's harmless, same applies. There are no better or worst points on the spectrum, all are equal.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@ibuzzard is totally correct. I have only one DE razor (a Ming Shi 2000S) that I use every time I DE shave. I have no need or want to get any other DE razor.

I am also the same with my one and ony electric shaver, a Braun M90. I also never use more than one brush or one soap whenever I shave.

This weekend I need to decide on which M7DS of SR's to use next week. Oh, the stresses in life.

You need but one good razor, brush, maybe a couple different pucks of soap just to mix it up. I switch off Tabac and Mitchells Wool Fat, and need nothing else. I bought a Merkur razor , and a set which includes a brush, a stand, and a soap dish. They are all going strong and are all 13 years old, and no expiration date is on the horizon for any of them. I do not fret or lay awake at night at the thought of losing another badger bristle from a 200.00 custom brush. My gear has done yeoman’s duty, and has accompanied me to Iraq and Afghanistan and back home. I feel no need to spend recurring sums of money for things which won’t perform better than what my current gear does. I’ll wager you that my morning shave is as close, comfortable, and satisfying as yours. I buy a different bottle of Penhaligons each 8-10 months, I simply tell my wife what she got me for my birthday or Christmas.

Better is the enemy of good enough, I cannot remember who said that, but it is often true. A pack of 100 blades lasts me two years. Look, if you want to feel pampered, I suggest a spa day with your wife and daughter. I cannot tell you what my dad (b.1921) or my grandfather (b.1901) might say if they read through some parts of B&B, but I am sure that at the least there would be amused smiles and some head-shaking.

If you want to have a connection to a manly past, then keep it simple. It’s all you need, and you’ll have a fatter wallet
This post pushed all of my buttons.

So, in your honour, I went out and bought more soap and some blades.

I can't wait for you to come back in another 9 years and tell me again what a sissy I was! 😛

I am with you on this. I have been going through about 30 razors before I saw the light. Of those I now regret all of them except for two: iKon X3 (with a light thirdparty handle) and Merkur 15C. I do almost every shave with iKon X3 (and it is the only razor I would keep if I had to have only one), but I still think 15C is nice to have for those very few times I let my beard grow out. No matter how long beard you have, 15C will mow it down without clogging and it takes less space in the bathroom closet than hair clippers or scissors that would otherwise be used for reducing the beard before a such shave.

I use only one cream: Speick. Also I only use Omega Boar brush.

You need but one good razor, brush, maybe a couple different pucks of soap just to mix it up. I switch off Tabac and Mitchells Wool Fat, and need nothing else. I bought a Merkur razor , and a set which includes a brush, a stand, and a soap dish. They are all going strong and are all 13 years old, and no expiration date is on the horizon for any of them. I do not fret or lay awake at night at the thought of losing another badger bristle from a 200.00 custom brush. My gear has done yeoman’s duty, and has accompanied me to Iraq and Afghanistan and back home. I feel no need to spend recurring sums of money for things which won’t perform better than what my current gear does. I’ll wager you that my morning shave is as close, comfortable, and satisfying as yours. I buy a different bottle of Penhaligons each 8-10 months, I simply tell my wife what she got me for my birthday or Christmas.

Better is the enemy of good enough, I cannot remember who said that, but it is often true. A pack of 100 blades lasts me two years. Look, if you want to feel pampered, I suggest a spa day with your wife and daughter. I cannot tell you what my dad (b.1921) or my grandfather (b.1901) might say if they read through some parts of B&B, but I am sure that at the least there would be amused smiles and some head-shaking.

If you want to have a connection to a manly past, then keep it simple. It’s all you need, and you’ll have a fatter wallet

I can't disagree with anything you said, Sir. You are speaking facts, especially the spa day with the wife. It works wonders!

However, in a hobby like this, facts are not very important at all.

I admit I'd love to have the simplicity of my father and grandfather when it comes to shaving, but I've gone too deep into the rabbit hole already. Maybe when day I will get there

My grandad collects guns and animal heads. My dad collects cameras and lens. I currently collect brushes, razors, soaps and stones. We all have our interests and think it’s cool when someone is passionate about something. Whatever that happens to be. What’s the point of life if you’re not interested in anything?

Last edited:
I once heard a rumor that someone thought Arko smelled bad- are you saying there's a whole thread about that?
I doubted this myself and did not give credit to the rumour as it seemed incomprehensible, but lo and behold... also heard about something called The Veg. I'm currently going through the details of the Geneva Convention to be sure it's not listed within the Grave Bereaches or against humanity or something

Top Bottom