What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Same. House of Knives in Vancouver BC, more kitchen knives and such, but also sold straights and safety razors, brushes, blades and soaps. I remember them having a broad selection, but as stated, I was way in over my head. Still operating locally and providing all the gear.

That's right - there were cutlery shops that sold knives and other objects with sharp edges.

This Daishi razor is back from the good doctor @Doc226 today and scores very high on the HHT. It was purchased here on the BST. It is of Yasuki steel made from Iron Sand, which is the modern and more refined version of Tamahagane steel. The scales are a pebbled texture, maybe to go along with the "iron sand" idea. They do provide a nice non-slip surface.

Extra points of you can identify the car!

Daishi.jpg

This Daishi razor is back from the good doctor @Doc226 today and scores very high on the HHT. It was purchased here on the BST. It is of Yasuki steel made from Iron Sand, which is the modern and more refined version of Tamahagane steel. The scales are a pebbled texture, maybe to go along with the "iron sand" idea. They do provide a nice non-slip surface.

View attachment 1328125
DeSoto maybe from the 50’s

View attachment 1328125

50,s chevy?
How was the shave and steel face feel

Another RSO ! Getting really good at buying them these days. Picked this one up off French E-bay and again, it wasn't a razor person, just someone selling knick knacky antiques. Parcel turned up in the mail covered with French stamps, all the way from Orleans. So it was with great anticipation and excitement that I opened the parcel, only to be disappointed, again.

Just like the last one, someone had taken to this with a grinder. In the pictures it looked like a lovely frameback, but the bevel had been completely ground off. On closer examination there were even black burn marks. Who does this to razors?

This is another one for that thread that hasn't been started yet on crap buys.

Peroux.jpg

This is another one for that thread that hasn't been started yet on crap buys.

It has!

That abomination would fit right in.

One of my grail razors, reportedly NOS. Needs some cleanup but the spine feels like it
has not touched a stone. The fact that it arrived a few days before the Inspiration4 launch
was a nice coincidence (Good luck to Jared and the crew!) Off to Alfredo for some TLC...

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.32.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.56.52 AM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom