What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Lovely shave today with Apsley cream and Schick E2 with Pro-Line B blade.

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave Tue, SEptember14 2021

Razor: Everready 1912 British variant- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, favorite handle design with the extended corners of the hexagon chained art design makes for excellent grip (more concentration on the shave instead of slipping) nice design & built to last.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & Cedarwood nice scent + great lather qualities, I find loading the soap pastier out of bowl works the best, to much water at start give a more airy foam lather. Great soap when figured out procedure regardless.
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger Mountain lake(Finest badger), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel skin cleaning + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
SOTD,  Sep 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210913_082918.jpg

View attachment 1327697
Pre: Proraso white
Brush: Craving Shaving boss synth
Lather: MdC Agrumes
Blade: Schick (1st)
Razor: Schick F

As much as I’d like to report my first use of this razor on MdC Monday was pleasant I cannot tell a lie, it was not. I suspected there may have been some damage to the razor as I had significant difficulty loading the blade. Once I got started I was expecting something similar to my E type (which I love) but it was nothing like that. Absolutely no blade feel at all. And very poor in the efficiency department as well. After three passes and lots of buffing I was left with a close ish shave and some irritation almost everywhere. Looks like we got a wall hanger here folks.
Sorry to hear about the probable damage. On the bright side, that’s a really nice wall hanger!

9-14-21
New blade in the G1.
Ted Pella SS PTFE (1)
This shave was outstanding!
I’d say top 2, maybe best. BBS. Absolutely no irritation.
To top it off, this was a quick shower shave with less prep than normal. I usually put on a base of shave oil, than my lather. Didn’t have time today, so I only used Creamo (I do hand lather it before rubbing into face). I also washed my face with Dove before lathering up.

Two passes (Against and Across) with some clean up.

I was a bit apprehensive, as I’ve heard mixed reports on these blades (if they are Personna - can someone verify? I’ve heard mixed info on that topic also). If they are Personna’s, they must be special runs if they are PTFE coated? Also, these came in a magazine/injector of 20 blades. The magazine and working parts are stainless, and it injected flawlessly, just like the sChicks.

Anyway, extremely smooth and close shave. I am cognizant of the fact that comparing a brand new blade to a blade with 11 shaves on it isn’t quite apples to apples, but this was a very, very good shave.

What are other’s experience with these blades?

For G razors, the Ted Pellas work very good and I recommend!

Happy Shaving! 🙂
27371460-AA1B-42C1-B11F-C4DEFDE02224.jpeg
10A38CF1-36BD-4E5B-ADF6-A1D31BEB94C7.jpeg

Just got back into wetshaving after I found my first vintage Gillette razor for $20 at an antique shop. I think it’s a 1948 but I’m not sure. It’s been a few years, so I don’t have all the fancy soaps. But this is one of the few English soaps that’s triple milled and tallow based.

Razor: 1948 Superspeed
Soap:DR HARRIS Arlington
Blade:Wizamet Super Iridium
Aftershave: Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel
Brush:Synthetic

Attachments

• 45296C92-42BB-4D15-97BE-B6AAE774E06C.jpeg
    45296C92-42BB-4D15-97BE-B6AAE774E06C.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
9-14-21
New blade in the G1.
Ted Pella SS PTFE (1)
This shave was outstanding!
I’d say top 2, maybe best. BBS. Absolutely no irritation.
To top it off, this was a quick shower shave with less prep than normal. I usually put on a base of shave oil, than my lather. Didn’t have time today, so I only used Creamo (I do hand lather it before rubbing into face). I also washed my face with Dove before lathering up.

Two passes (Against and Across) with some clean up.

I was a bit apprehensive, as I’ve heard mixed reports on these blades (if they are Personna - can someone verify? I’ve heard mixed info on that topic also). If they are Personna’s, they must be special runs if they are PTFE coated? Also, these came in a magazine/injector of 20 blades. The magazine and working parts are stainless, and it injected flawlessly, just like the sChicks.

Anyway, extremely smooth and close shave. I am cognizant of the fact that comparing a brand new blade to a blade with 11 shaves on it isn’t quite apples to apples, but this was a very, very good shave.

What are other’s experience with these blades?

For G razors, the Ted Pellas work very good and I recommend!

Happy Shaving! 🙂
View attachment 1328275View attachment 1328276
My experience w Pellas is very, very bad. They are not nearly as sharp as the Chicks and the dispenser is a piece of sh-t. I PIF’d the last batch and the guy who received them ditched ‘em. Could not be worse, IMHO

My experience w Pellas is very, very bad. They are not nearly as sharp as the Chicks and the dispenser is a piece of sh-t. I PIF’d the last batch and the guy who received them ditched ‘em. Could not be worse, IMHO
Strange to have such wildly different experiences. The injector worked well for me, and is solid. The blade appeared as sharp as the sChick, at least through two shaves. We will see how long it lasts.
The Ted Pella GEM SS PTFE blades are considered to be one of the sharpest all around blades; I would think these would have the same steel, grind, and PTFE coating… I will admit that the Ted Pella SS PTFE GEM blades do not seem to last as long in GEMs as the sChicks last in the Injectors, but that’s not really an apples to apples comparison.

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience.

Top Bottom