What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

image.jpg

Cold water prep
Timeless 0.68 with Silver Star blade (#1)
Semogue 2020 TSN LE Boar
Wholly Kaw aftershave toner

Etc.

9+/10
regards,
Stan

Today I had another go at using my Beautytrack razor with the Feather blade, but this time my beard was much thinner as I shaved with it yesterday. I just simply wanted to have another go at manouevering a Feather blade around my face.

To recap:

Beautytrack razor with Feather blade
King Of Shaves shaving gel
Grumm men's post-shave cream

Shave quality. 9.5/10

The shave quality just keeps getting better. Even though I shaved yesterday a substantial amount of 'missed hairs' were removed and my face has never felt better. The Feather blade just feels so good on my skin.

The shave still hasn't achieved 10/10 yet because I did give myself 2 nicks (though they were extremely minor) and I just think that my razor isn't giving the full potential of the Feather blade.

Jason.

96952BE8-DEE7-4D63-9317-CE0BC8F052FE.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: TGN Silvertip
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! Thankfully, by the time I got home yesterday water had returned. Back to normal routine. Face lathered Arko with the Golden Nib brush. Two passes the Lupo and Wizamet, which is still holding strong. DFS/BBS. Finished with Santa Paula and hyaluronic acid.

9.5/10

Ach. Brito Mogno

Omega Jade Boar

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill

GSB (1)

U-Turn got the best of me. Was planning on a second Schafmilch/T3 shave in a row, but ended up choosing the Omega Jade and the Portuguese Mogno.

I started off with the brush a little too dry, but added water and... damn it! It does feel good! Almost nothing left for the touch ups after the first pass, so went back to the puck. It’s still hungry (granted, I didn’t load for more than 10 seconds) and it’s high maintenance. But the face feel is awesome. I haven’t gone back to the Semogue 1800. And don’t plan on buying more natural brushes, either. It’s the Jade, the T3 and one (or 2) of the following: Evo, Edwin Jagger STF2 and the Pelegrino.

Mogno is always good and elegant. But right now, it is trailing the Schafmilch.

Overall - 8.

42760741-5A44-48D6-9272-842A618203D7.jpeg

14 September 2021
20210914_063156.jpg

Prep Brush
Old Spice bar soap Using Omega—Gray Dog—Ohio
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb (using WCS 84S handle)—China & Germany
Cream:
Old Spice Original—India Until it is used up
Blade:
Shark Super Stainless--Japan Shave #1
Lathering Brush:
Omega—11126--Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG f/b moderate buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
10.0 BBS
Comments:
A near perfect shave this morning, only microscopic stubble, with no nicks or weepers.

Using a spare WCS 84s handle made for a better shave. The KCG handle isn’t bad, but it is hard to hold when it gets slippery during passes.

SEpt. 14, 2021
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin Saint George Special Edition
Cream: Captain’s Choice Land Ho!
Lather: Bowl/Face combo
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Island Time

The Shave: WTG x2 and ATG for a DFS + shave. I need to use a bowl to get the lather started with Captain’s Choice shaving creams because they can take a lot of water. Excellent lather today and Land Ho! smells great.
61FF7BF0-4E1C-4B39-A375-41B1911CBB9E.jpeg

My Paladin Saint George is a wall of scrubby badger with zero scritch.
48328AD5-421D-4CF9-BE3D-7F56F223B757.jpeg

Back to my MMOC, quite frankly it’s where I belong. Just love the MMOC/PTFE shaves.
39EB1B2D-3714-41CF-9E00-5AE5550B37BD.jpeg

Island Time for the finish. Superb shave. 9.33333/10.

4C7E1B3B-AA37-4666-85F0-19E80F83D660.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Result: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - PAA Tube 2.0
Soap: PAA Classico Bay Rum (regular CK formula)
Brush: Fine synthetic
Razor: Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: PAA Coconut Bay with Lime splash

Ranks right up there with one of the best shaves I've had ever. Not much work to do after yesterday's super close Wolfman shave. But it was easy and smooth and the result was great. Every time I use one of PAA's regular CK soaps, I become more convinced that their regular formula is better than their CK-6 by a tad. The performance on this vegan soap is amazing to me. Phasing out my bigger brushes...this new Fine brush is on the smaller side and it did a good job. Pretty, inexpensive brush, black and butterscotch...purchased from Murphy & McNeil's website.

No picture today...too pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Razor: Maggard V2, OC on a
Utopia Handle
Blade: Rockwell Swedish Stainless (1)
Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip Badger, Chrome, 22mm

Lather: Queen Charlotte Soaps Vetiver Shaving Cream

Fine Vetiver Aftershave Splash,
HTGAM Vetiver Aftershave Lotion

Vetiver Tuesday.
I've never used a Rockwell Blade that felt smooth or comfortable. They aren't the sharpest tool in the shed either. That doesn't mean they don't work. Three passes and a touch-up gave me a BBS finish. The Maggard V2 OC is a good head. The handle came from a $10. razor off Amazon. The Utopia head was well worth throwing away and the handle well worth $10.
Shaving Cream was good, not great. I read Queen Charlotte closed shop a few years ago.
The post shave items were great.
BBS 10.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This was a "Daily Double" long in the making:
View attachment 1327747

Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Lather: Stirling Island Man
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (8)
Razors: Feather AC SS (two passes; WTG, XTG) and Blackland Vector (touchups)

I've always wondered about doing a couple easy passes with the Feather AC, and then swapping the blade into the Vector to clean up the tough bits. It worked great. I didn't chase BBS at all today, just enjoyed both razors and had fun with it. Results were varied, ranging from SAS to DFS. Boy is my shavette technique rusty. Wow. Rating: 9/10.
That was an interesting idea. Glad it worked for you. I might try a similar shave.
Thanks for your post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: GEM PTFE De-splined only (3)
Soap: PdP #63
Bowl: Blue Timeless Bowl
Brush: Semogue Cherry Handle SOC Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 9.95/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS with two touch ups. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Very nice mindless shave. Was rushing around this morning and chose the Genesis as I knew it would be a pleasant easy shave with no drama.

Razor: Schick E2 (Imperial Set)
Blade: Personna PTFE Injector (4)
Brush: Simpsons - Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Bartigan & Stark - Nil (unscented)
Aftershave: Stirling - Glacial Lemon Chill
6E62A252-E87D-4F9F-B70D-AD91D2F36D3A.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Razor blades are very sharp
A nice smooth BBS this morning except for a couple of good nicks. Whenever I switch over to a Schick E2, the shave seems so effortless that I tend get sloppy and move the razor around my face like I’m playing street hockey. I always forget that those injector blades are really sharp. I cut myself working the razor close into my nostril, and the other cut was behind my ear. What the razor was doing behind my ear I have no idea. Both cuts were user error and cannot be blamed on the razor, blade or soap.
Speaking of the soap, I’ve been using the “Nil” Unscented for a bit now and give it two thumbs up…hey!…is that a cut on my thumb? How did I do that?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Tuesday's shave

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Super Speed (1940's)
Blade: Perma-Sharp, #2
Soap: RR Don Marco
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by The Veg A/S splash

CCS+, 8.5 / 10

Just shaving again, regular daily shave, good regular shave results. While it is still warm in the afternoons, the mornings are getting cooler, and I realize summer is soon coming to an end. So I decided to use my favorite summer soap, Don Marco, modified Marco Method with a big boar and ridiculous amounts of lather. It was wonderful.

I'm impressed with these Perma Sharp blades, I think @Atlantic59 recommended them. @Marco if you havent tried these give them a whirl. If they are not GSB or Nacet equivalents, they are certainly in the same neighborhood. Smoothed up a lot on shave #2. I'm starting to make all my lathers a little more hydrated--tips picked up from the SR guys and from using B&M. I'm using a bit more water generally, and the shaves are superb.

2021-09-14.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave Tue, SEptember14 2021

Razor: Everready 1912 British variant- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, favorite handle design with the extended corners of the hexagon chained art design makes for excellent grip (more concentration on the shave instead of slipping) nice design & built to last.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & Cedarwood nice scent + great lather qualities, I find loading the soap pastier out of bowl works the best, to much water at start give a more airy foam lather. Great soap when figured out procedure regardless.
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger Mountain lake(Finest badger), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel skin cleaning + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
SOTD,  Sep 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
B&B LE 2011
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Back to the Ethos Lavender. This soap makes incredible lather. It may not last as long as a hard soap – but the lather is fantastic. Third shave with the Lab / Timeless combo. A nice BBS shave - close and smooth. Have a great day, guys.

Top Bottom