What's new

Elite Razor shaving brush. Serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't help it. $100 for that gorgeous brush I'd pop on down to the local ACE and pick up the above for $12 and fix everything I had for the next 10 years. I've done 2 gun stocks and a ton of misc stuff and there's ~2/3 left.

Pops left all of us, sister included, with hardcore DIY DNA. You should see her swing a Cali Framer, shes over 60 and skinny as a rail. If she sets it up right a 16d sinker is DONE in two wacks, if not it's 3.

Last edited:
OK, I'll say it... Has anyone else noticed that a large percentage of the threads slagging a product here on B&B are started by people with very few posts to their name? I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it is always a bit suspicious to me.
Anyway, it may be a while before I buy another brush, but when I do get the itch, I'll be looking into the beautiful Elite brushes!

OK, I'll say it... Has anyone else noticed that a large percentage of the threads slagging a product here on B&B are started by people with very few posts to their name? I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it is always a bit suspicious to me.
Anyway, it may be a while before I buy another brush, but when I do get the itch, I'll be looking into the beautiful Elite brushes!
Boom! Wokefully unattackfully of course...

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes..... I have noticed that. Or perhaps they just don't want to post until something sets them off...
But I'd bet cash money there is a correlation.

If folks would post more, I think they would be kinder, in general. I know I joke around a lot, but I try to ONLY pester the ones that I am PRETTY sure can take it.

So many of us just don't like to give the other guy an even break. Sad.

I'm an attention hog, if you haven't noticed. So my assumption is that we all should be. So I make mistakes sometimes. Okay, a LOT of times.

I need to werk on shutting up more and thinking before I hit send. Not everyone thinks I'm funny. Especially @KeenDogg ! That dude's uber-sensitive!

I am glad that this manufacturer has admirers and fans. And it's nice to watch the reasoning on the fact that any discontent must first be expressed to the artisan, and then to the forum. Only you forget that even if the issue of returning the product and the money paid for it is successfully resolved, I incur financial losses associated with overseas delivery.

In my case it is $ 90. After one of you pays $ 90 for the opportunity to get back the money paid for a bad shaving brush (160 $), are you still of the same opinion? In any case, this is just my opinion and my negative experience from using the product of this artisan. I am sure that he has a large number of fans for a reason, but unfortunately I will not join them.

As I said earlier, the fact that the seller is accommodating in matters of refund does not add to the positive feelings of a bad product.

And once again I will repeat this only my personal opinion.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am glad that this manufacturer has admirers and fans. And it's nice to watch the reasoning on the fact that any discontent must first be expressed to the artisan, and then to the forum. Only you forget that even if the issue of returning the product and the money paid for it is successfully resolved, I incur financial losses associated with overseas delivery.

In my case it is $ 90. After one of you pays $ 90 for the opportunity to get back the money paid for a bad shaving brush (160 $), are you still of the same opinion? In any case, this is just my opinion and my negative experience from using the product of this artisan. I am sure that he has a large number of fans for a reason, but unfortunately I will not join them.

As I said earlier, the fact that the seller is accommodating in matters of refund does not add to the positive feelings of a bad product.

And once again I will repeat this only my personal opinion.
It had gone unnoticed by my ADHD brane that there was a large shipping fee. I'd be upset too. And none of us watched you whip up a lather with it.

So please accept my apology for anything I may have said that came across as unkind.

I'd be in the doghouse with my lovely bride if I'd dropped that much coin on the perfect brush, let alone one that became damaged. She's SERIOUSLY gonna pack my bags if I buy anymore stuff before I get rid of stuff.

I have a SERIOUS problem with getting emotionally attached to stuff.

According to her, I'll soon be getting a visit from the Producers of a new hoarder's show focusing on shaving gear, shoes, and watches. True story doggone!

Curious. If the brush cost $90 to ship and you got it for $100 did Elite sell it to you for $10? weird....

As all the numbers are in the posts above, thought I’d help you out with the math: $100 for brush, $60 for knot, $90 total for shipping (send to him and return to Elite). He gets refunded $160 for brush and knot, he’s out $90 for shipping so in the end he only gets $70 back and is out a great looking brush that I assume he was really excited to buy.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not ejukated like Mr Tan

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It doesn't matter if a member has been here 10 years and has 5000 posts or 10 minutes and has 5 posts.
He's a member.
There's no seniority here. Any member can post their honest opinions and experiences.
The member had a bad experience. No matter what YOU think, that's HIS experience and he's free to share it here unassaulted.
The Vendor in this case has shown he's a stand up decent guy.
There has been tons of glowing reviews of his products here.
Overall, the net result is, in my personal opinion, a net positive for the vendor. Based on his response and the good reviews - I'd buy a brush from him.

Now, get off the OP with your supposition on his motive, insinuation of improper behavior, and opinions that he shouldn't or didn't have the right to post here.

At this point, your chastisement of the OP calls more negative attention to the issue than his one single post ever could have.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
download.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It doesn't matter if a member has been here 10 years and has 5000 posts or 10 minutes and has 5 posts.
He's a member.
There's no seniority here. Any member can post their honest opinions and experiences.
The member had a bad experience. No matter what YOU think, that's HIS experience and he's free to share it here unassaulted.
The Vendor in this case has shown he's a stand up decent guy.
There has been tons of glowing reviews of his products here.
Overall, the net result is, in my personal opinion, a net positive for the vendor. Based on his response and the good reviews - I'd buy a brush from him.

Now, get off the OP with your supposition on his motive, insinuation of improper behavior, and opinions that he shouldn't or didn't have the right to post here.

At this point, your chastisement of the OP calls more negative attention to the issue than his one single post ever could have.
I agree.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The Op got a bad product and no response for a week. Anyone would be unhappy.

The Vendor has a good reputation here (nobody's perfect and one bad finish does not tarnish that reputation) and will make good on the problem (perhaps considering checking his business email once while on vacation, or not).

So it all works out in the end. Bravo.

Even though you don't owe me one, I'd consider it a great personal favor if we could all stop pretending we're mind readers. Honestly, you don't know what someone else was thinking when they purchased - anything. I only know my decision making process, and I can only offer my experiences. I really appreciate it when others do the same, it helps in my process.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
That is a stunningly beautiful brush! Guitars, guns, furniture and floors, anything made of wood really, I don't mind honest wear. My Martin is what some would consider "beat" but it is honest wear from use and kinda makes it more "mine" I guess.
Hopefully this all settles out to the satisfaction of all involved

That is a stunningly beautiful brush! Guitars, guns, furniture and floors, anything made of wood really, I don't mind honest wear. My Martin is what some would consider "beat" but it is honest wear from use and kinda makes it more "mine" I guess.
Hopefully this all settles out to the satisfaction of all involved
Agreed. You should see my 1974 Fender Precision bass. Looks like it was dragged behind a car for a few miles. I love it and it is just honest wear caused by thousands of playing hours in smoky bars,

Bob did post that he was away for a while for his son’s graduation but the OP could have easily missed that. I get it. If I was unhappy with a product I ordered and the vendor didn’t respond for a week, I would be upset too. Maybe an out of office message would have been a good idea but I’m sure Elite will take care if the situation. Unfortunately shipping is insanely expensive these days and brushes will wear as they are meant to be used. Just my $0.02 in any case.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Agreed. You should see my 1974 Fender Precision bass. Looks like it was dragged behind a car for a few miles. I love it and it is just honest wear caused by thousands of playing hours in smoky bars,

Bob did post that he was away for a while for his son’s graduation but the OP could have easily missed that. I get it. If I was unhappy with a product I ordered and the vendor didn’t respond for a week, I would be upset too. Maybe an out of office message would have been a good idea but I’m sure Elite will take care if the situation. Unfortunately shipping is insanely expensive these days and brushes will wear as they are meant to be used. Just my $0.02 in any case.

Yeah the shipping is the kick in the teeth in this situation I'm afraid.

Even though you don't owe me one, I'd consider it a great personal favor if we could all stop pretending we're mind readers. Honestly, you don't know what someone else was thinking when they purchased - anything. I only know my decision making process, and I can only offer my experiences. I really appreciate it when others do the same, it helps in my process.
Ah but you see I am a mind reader. And I take great personal offense to you saying I'm a pretender. Mind-reading should be a protected class and respected skill, and not subject to any jokes or conjecture or anything of the like. I'm quitting this forum as a result of these attacks.

(PS all of the above is false. Reading through this thread just made me feel like goofing off, I couldn't help it. Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming)

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
It had gone unnoticed by my ADHD brane that there was a large shipping fee. I'd be upset too. And none of us watched you whip up a lather with it.

So please accept my apology for anything I may have said that came across as unkind.

I'd be in the doghouse with my lovely bride if I'd dropped that much coin on the perfect brush, let alone one that became damaged. She's SERIOUSLY gonna pack my bags if I buy anymore stuff before I get rid of stuff.

I have a SERIOUS problem with getting emotionally attached to stuff.

According to her, I'll soon be getting a visit from the Producers of a new hoarder's show focusing on shaving gear, shoes, and watches. True story doggone!
Gotta get rid of shaving stuff before you can buy more? I’m happy to enable… ah… help!

Actually, me too, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom