What's new

B&B LE Group buy Badger and Blade 2021 LE Pipe : Alden Pipes

Somewhat surprised that a whole day elapsed and nobody posted that it is September. :punk:
proxy.php

Alright Gentlemen. I apologize for things getting pushed back to the last minute, and I appreciate everyones patience.
We are officially off to the races !
I hope to have all of the pipes drilled, and stems rough fit to each pipe by next week. Of course, that's when the real work gets started haha
With some long hours in the shop, and everything else pushed off until they're done, we should have them all wrapped up this month !

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Now that the pipes are underway, it's time to talk tobacco for the inaugural smoke herf. Head on over to the stock exchange to see the discussion thread. This is a tobacco PIF for anyone who purchased one of the LE pipes.

Alright Gentlemen, this last week has been....interesting, to say the least.

First, I turned on my laptop and it spends about an hour saying it's in self repair mode. Several days of messing with it has gotten me nowhere. So.... my entire database for the LE pipes is apparently gone along with the laptop. I can absolutely rebuild it, it will just be a PITA. Especially on the order the pipes should go out. I'll need to note time and date of the emails to be sure everyone gets the correct number. I mainly mention this in case I need to write to anyone and clarify any details.

Now part two; I wasn't terribly discouraged that the laptop went out, because I can still do most business through my Cell phone... which I promptly dropped a few days later and shattered. It's totally scrapped. So now I'm waiting for a new phone which should be here later this week. Unfortunately I think I've lost the pics of the last few steps.

So by way of update, I'm not quite as far along as I'd like to be right now.

I do have all of the pipes drilled and a couple extras too in case any problems develop before they're all done.
That's actually a load off my shoulders. Briar is cantankerous and you never know how many blocks it will take to make a pipe. I've gone through as many as seven blocks of wood just to make one pipe ! With this number of pipes, you really never know how much wood you'll actually need. In this case I had to reject about 5 blocks, which is not too bad at all and about what I was hoping for.

I don't have stems fit to all of the pipes just yet, but everything I need is prepped and ready to go and that should finish up shortly.

This week I will finish fitting stems, cut off excess wood from the shank with a bandsaw, shape and sand all of the bowls and at least have the stems rough shaped. I'm hoping I can have all the stems filed and sanded as well, but that may roll over a bit into the next week.

Once the pipes are all at this point, I'll break them up into smaller groups for final finishing the following week.

I'm hoping I can recover some of the pics when I switch phones and post them later.

I will update things again by the end of this week

Top Bottom