What's new

I realized I've achieved contentment

I haven't been on B&B much lately because life has been too busy for me (for good reasons!). Anyway, my shaving hobby took a back seat and I've been using up products rather than increasing my stash. This past week I realized I'm content with a few favorites!

I'm still happy with my collection--but it's nice to realize I lost all my ADs and am content no longer chasing the newest thing. It's liberating and I'm finally saving money using traditional shaving!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I haven't been on B&B much lately because life has been too busy for me (for good reasons!). Anyway, my shaving hobby took a back seat and I've been using up products rather than increasing my stash. This past week I realized I'm content with a few favorites!

I'm still happy with my collection--but it's nice to realize I lost all my ADs and am content no longer chasing the newest thing. It's liberating and I'm finally saving money using traditional shaving!
That’s awesome — a good place to be. Better not start poking around the DE and soap forums, though, or your AD might flare up. :em2300:

It's a good place to be, good for you.

I'm currently busy with SAD, still need some good brushes and almost done with Razor department.

Being content with my stuff looks like a far reaching goal, but then again it seems like it could happen just after a purchase or two.

Who knows if that state of mind is achievable for me or not?

Congrats! I am pretty much there as well.

I have too many soaps, too many blades, too much AS and too many brushes.

I will be buying a second Wolfman razor and will sell my Karve, Game Changer and a few others once I get it. Then I am done. 👍

I think I have a 50 year supply of blades and a good decade supply of soaps. 👎

I truly believe contentment is possible given enough time and experimentation... and financial resources 🤑

I doubt few if any B&B members started with one kit (razor, blades, soap, & brush) and stopped there, but I still find it encouraging whenever someone takes the time to share their success.

I came to this site and safety razor shaving to save money and get better shaves. It looks like I achieved my second goal. Somewhere along the way I discovered that I enjoyed the experimentation with all the razors, soaps, blades, brushes aftershaves etc. I also discovered a great diverse group of gentlemen across the globe that I enjoy conversing with and discussing items of interest. We all find our contentment in different ways. Congratulations on finding yours!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I was already a long established, money saving, double edge shaver, before signing up here. In the four years since joining, I have tried a few more razors, but settled back down with the same primary razor I arrived with. I have switched allegiance on brushes though. I arrived as a boar user, and am now predominantly a synthetic user, although I do have one badger too.

My soap horizons have broadened significantly, and I now have a stockpile which will last me well into the future. My consumption rate is still very modest, and I regularly reinforced the fact that I don't need high price tag products for a fantastic shave.

In fact, not only have I found contentment, I have learned that chasing other people's favourites, instead of enjoying your own, can rather get in the way of shave enjoyment. I'm now just enjoying my own shaves again. A Jagger razor, and a synthetic brush, a narrow array of soap brands, and low cost post shave products from local shops. Bliss.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Will you try horse? They’re Nature’s synthetic.

Nope. No need... or should that be nay (neigh) need? ;)

No need to chase other brush types, other razors, other soap brands, other post shaves, etc. The more shaves I spent chasing someone else's suggestions, the longer I am away from my own favourites. I do enjoy shaving, but don't enjoying spending money on stuff, which I enjoy using less than the stuff I already own.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was already a long established, money saving, double edge shaver, before signing up here. In the four years since joining, I have tried a few more razors, but settled back down with the same primary razor I arrived with. I have switched allegiance on brushes though. I arrived as a boar user, and am now predominantly a synthetic user, although I do have one badger too.

My soap horizons have broadened significantly, and I now have a stockpile which will last me well into the future. My consumption rate is still very modest, and I regularly reinforced the fact that I don't need high price tag products for a fantastic shave.

In fact, not only have I found contentment, I have learned that chasing other people's favourites, instead of enjoying your own, can rather get in the way of shave enjoyment. I'm now just enjoying my own shaves again. A Jagger razor, and a synthetic brush, a narrow array of soap brands, and low cost post shave products from local shops. Bliss.
Looks to me like you are an "Arkolyte" my friend! Welcome to Arkoland!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
But....but...you'll miss out on something new!

That's the plan! :biggrin1: I'll leave the "Fear Of Missing Out" for other people. I've no interest in shopping out of fear ;)

Looks to me like you are an "Arkolyte" my friend! Welcome to Arkoland!

I've never tried it, Dave. I have heeded the warnings, and stayed well clear 🤣 My narrow-ish array of choices includes:

• Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • 4 mug soaps brands (Edwin Jagger, The Goodfellas Smile, Haslinger, DR Harris)
  • 2 tub soap brands (Wickhams 1912 & Phoenix and Beau)
  • 3 shave sticks brands (Palmolive, Lea, DR Harris)
  • 2 creams (St James of London Black Pepper and Lime, and Erasmic)
That sound like a lot, maybe, but I only have three in play at once, and only add another when one is finished.

Top Bottom