What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
First use was wonderful!
20210911_161508_2.jpg

I received my new Floid Original 1932 yesterday (great service from The Mens Room).

On my skin, face feel is a bit sticky IMO.
I thought it felt it left a coating myself that felt like it would be sticky but it wasn’t and after a bit of time my face felt moisturized but not filmy.
I’m on the fence between it and the Genuine as far as which I prefer.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I just used it this morning. Going on it feels as if it is going to leave a residue (maybe the glycerin or castor oil in the ingredients?) but when it dries, it's not sticky on me at all and leaves a really great face feel. Clean and smooth. I actually would prefer if it had more of the AS splash "burn" that I like, but it's a great product as far as I'm concerned.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I just used it this morning. Going on it feels as if it is going to leave a residue (maybe the glycerin or castor oil in the ingredients?) but when it dries, it's not sticky on me at all and leaves a really great face feel. Clean and smooth. I actually would prefer if it had more of the AS splash "burn" that I like, but it's a great product as far as I'm concerned.
I thought it felt it left a coating myself that felt like it would be sticky but it wasn’t and after a bit of time my face felt moisturized but not filmy.
I’m on the fence between it and the Genuine as far as which I prefer.

Gentlemen, I agree. The sticky feeling goes away after maybe 5-10 minutes and overall, face feel is nice.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Phil, the alcohol content here has been intentionally reduced to appeal to the younger generations. Many of them in the past, especially the balm users, complained about a too strong "burn" in the older version.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Phil, the alcohol content here has been intentionally reduced to appeal to the younger generations. Many of them in the past, especially the balm users, complained about a too strong "burn" in the older version.

Marco, so is this the original formula or something that has been tweeting for the younger generation

I bought perfumers alcohol for all the sets that have an alcohol free splash. Would adding a little in your palm do the trick?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, so is this the original formula or something that has been tweeting for the younger generation

The new owner of the Floid brand in Italy is the Ludovico Martelli company, manufacturer of Proraso. They worked hard to faithfully recreate the original 1932 Floid The Genuine fragrance, and in this they certainly succeeded.

The formula is completely new, packed with plant extracts and a lower alcohol content. Basically, they wanted a splash, with the authentique Floid The Genuine scent, but that behaved almost like a balm.

On a side note, they already have a splash with a "balm-like" performance. It's Proraso Red and it's very much loved.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I received my new Floid Original 1932 yesterday (great service from The Mens Room).

Nice bottle/label but as others have mentioned, it's a bit of messy pour. As soon as I smelled it I immediately thought of Vintage Avon Oland aftershave. Kind of a floral mixed with stale cigarette ash with a powdery dry down. Definitely an 'old school' scent and unique today. My wife thought it smelled "soapy". It's nice and nowhere near as powdery as my Vitos Aftershaving splash.

On my skin, face feel is a bit sticky IMO.
Love me some Oland... NOT crazy about sticky stuff on my face though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I bought perfumers alcohol for all the sets that have an alcohol free splash. Would adding a little in your palm do the trick?
I have a bottle of Everclear that I use to boost the burn and it works quite well.
I imagine perfumers alcohol would as well.

The new owner of the Floid brand in Italy is the Ludovico Martelli company, manufacturer of Proraso. They worked hard to faithfully recreate the original 1932 Floid The Genuine fragrance, and in this they certainly succeeded.

The formula is completely new, packed with plant extracts and a lower alcohol content. Basically, they wanted a splash, with the authentique Floid The Genuine scent, but that behaved almost like a balm.

On a side note, they already have a splash with a "balm-like" performance. It's Proraso Red and it's very much loved.
Is there any possibility they will re-produce a Floid Blue?

The old one didn't say " Rinfrescante " on it , I wonder if it's the same formula ? ...... Nice to see they have kept the thick glass bottle. Does yours have an orifice plug ?
If there is menthol in it than to a much lesser degree than the old Italian Floid formula. Yes there was a plug but I tossed it as I use it nearly daily.

Top Bottom