What's new

Post your Birthday Razor pics in here!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
There are the occasional "find my birthday razor" or "I did find my birthday razor" posts, but unless my search fu is very weak indeed, I do not think there is an ongoing thread to post photos of everyones' birthday razors in. So, without further ado ...

I originally found a B2 (1956 second quarter) red tip in the plastic box with the instruction sheet but no blades. Later, I found a B3 razor, or third quater 1956, which is where my birthday actually falls (August), so I sold the B2 on the BST. I was looking for the correct blade dispenser which would have come with that packaging, which is a 6-blade Gillette blues with gold trim on the dispenser, I believe. I had to buy a razor I did not want, in a case, to get the blades, but you gotta do what you gotta do! AFAIK this is a correct set for a 1956 Red Tip.

If you have a birthday razor, post some photos in here, we want to see them!

rt7.jpg

rt8.jpg

rt9.jpg

red tip 1.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
1958 was a GREAT year to have as a birth year for Gillette Razors.
In that year Gillette had available for your choice:
The 3 piece Tech
The Blue Tip Super Speed
The Red Tip Super Speed
The Flare Tip Super Speed
The TV Special Super Speed
The Fatboy
The Toggle

I have owned all of these at one point or another, but have gotten rid of most of them now.
All I have left in my Birth year now is

20210913_063708.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
R1 Gillette Travel Tech correct year and quarter just need to get a full length handle eventually!

Attachments

• razor 1.jpg
    razor 1.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 8
  • razor 2.jpg
    razor 2.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 8
  • rasor 3.jpg
    rasor 3.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 7
Im hoping to do that later on this month when its my birthday. I have asked my wife for a very specific brand new double-edge razor. If I am lucky to get one for my birthday I'll post it here.

Jason.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Im hoping to do that later on this month when its my birthday. I have asked my wife for a very specific brand new double-edge razor. If I am lucky to get one for my birthday I'll post it here.

Jason.
That's awesome! But I think you might be missing the point of what folks are calling their birthday razor. It is a razor (usually Gillette) that, using date codes or other means of tracking, is as close as possible to their date of birth. Just a novel keepsake for me.

That's awesome! But I think you might be missing the point of what folks are calling their birthday razor. It is a razor (usually Gillette) that, using date codes or other means of tracking, is as close as possible to their date of birth. Just a novel keepsake for me.
Ahh I see. Sorry my bad! I was born in 1978 so I'll see if there is a razor that was manufactured in that year on my birthday!

Jason.

No birthday razor for me yet.

I was born in March 1969 and an O1 Gillette has eluded me to this point. Admittedly I haven’t looked very hard as my 1972 and 60’s Techs are nice and my 1956 Red Tip is an excellent razor.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
AWESOME! Thanks to all of you who kept this alive, I thought it was going to an early grave. Great thread! The OP must be pretty smart! :lol:

Top Bottom