What's new

My Three New Soaps

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I purchased a sample of SV, Mitchell's Wool Fat, William's and Stirlings in Scots Pine Sheep soaps. I used the SV yesterday and the MWF last week. The shaves were heavenly. The shave with Scots Pine soap was like the clouds had parted and the sun came shinning through. All for of these soaps are excellent. Thank you all who suggested these. I enjoy shaving even more now.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I purchased a sample of SV, Mitchell's Wool Fat, William's and Stirlings in Scots Pine Sheep soaps. I used the SV yesterday and the MWF last week. The shaves were heavenly. The shave with Scots Pine soap was like the clouds had parted and the sun came shinning through. All for of these soaps are excellent. Thank you all who suggested these. I enjoy shaving even more now.
Congrats - you have good taste!

Great! I’m glad you like them. Beware of loosing count of the number of shave products you have.:lemo: I’ve lost count more than I would like to admit.

I have no problem with the William's. I think it's an excellent soap. I shaved with it two days ago and got a smooth shave with it.
Same here, have found Williams lathers well when a quality boar brush is used.

How did the William's compare to the MWF? Have seen many comment on similar lathering experiences/slickness though few have experience with both soaps. Not surprising since they have have the same top three ingredients and share many others as noted in the comparison below:

Mitchell's and Williams ingredient lists show many duplicates (italics & underlined) as follows:

Mitchell's: Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Lanolin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Sulphate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

Williams: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Cloride, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

I'm happy for you, I too love getting new stuff, trying it out and falling in love with it! Odd question here, sorry if it's in the wrong thread. I love getting new stuff too much, so I currently have 11 soaps/creams. What to do with the stuff that I don't use?

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Same here, have found Williams lathers well when a quality boar brush is used.

How did the William's compare to the MWF? Have seen many comment on similar lathering experiences/slickness though few have experience with both soaps. Not surprising since they have have the same top three ingredients and share many others as noted in the comparison below:

Mitchell's and Williams ingredient lists show many duplicates (italics & underlined) as follows:

Mitchell's: Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Lanolin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Sulphate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

Williams: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Cloride, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.
I like the Williams. I just start lathering with a damp brush and no problem with building a lather. I can go straight to it with out any problem. the lather is smooth and comfortble. I like the light citronella scent also. I can use this with ease. If it was the only soap I had to use I would not be upset. The Mitchell's I just have sample slivers of so I have to put it in a shave scuttle and sprinkle water on it to let it hydrate and them build my lather. To many steps. I'm sure if I had it in a tub/jar I would be using it more. I like both soaps though.

I like the Williams. I just start lathering with a damp brush and no problem with building a lather. I can go straight to it with out any problem. the lather is smooth and comfortble. I like the light citronella scent also. I can use this with ease. If it was the only soap I had to use I would not be upset. The Mitchell's I just have sample slivers of so I have to put it in a shave scuttle and sprinkle water on it to let it hydrate and them build my lather. To many steps. I'm sure if I had it in a tub/jar I would be using it more. I like both soaps though.
I've both MWF and Williams now. Like both. Enjoy the MWF scent and better post shave feel. Have found that, in part to the larger puck surface area, that it lathers well with either my boar or synthetic brushes.

Top Bottom