What's new

The Ideal Shaving Mug?

I may have found the ideal shaving mug. It is shorter than most that are similar to it and it is well tapered. Bottom is the same diameter as an Old Spice Mug, but it is tapered and opens wide. First picture is the ideal mug with a 22 mm Finest brush, and the second picture is with other mugs for perspective.

20210911_144059[1].jpg
20210911_144034[1].jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I may have found the ideal shaving mug. It is shorter than most that are similar to it and it is well tapered. Bottom is the same diameter as an Old Spice Mug, but it is tapered and opens wide. First picture is the ideal mug with a 22 mm Finest brush, and the second picture is with other mugs for perspective.

View attachment 1326738View attachment 1326740

Great looking mug! Thanks for the comparative photo! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I used the Fine Accoutrements lather bowl until recently. I liked the handle with the brush rest at the top. I need that loop handle to keep hold of the bowl with wet hands. I really liked that bowl, but I dropped it into the sink while cleaning it and I guess it hit the right spot to break it. I decided to try the Pereira unbreakable bowl, which is of a similar design. It seems to work well, but I must say it is quite large!

Are you using these mugs the traditional way, with a puck of soap seated in the bottom? I see the second from the left has soap.

Those are all great looking mugs. The most important thing is the soap fits well. That is not an issue with soft artisan or glycerin soaps. It is nice not to have to do a lot of whittling on a triple milled soap to get in snuggly.

I agree short and/or flared walls are the most comfortable to use. The taller ones pair better with a long handled brush.

Using the type of mug is much closer to using a soap in a tub with extra room than to using a lather bowl. You get lather started in the mug and work it to a nice finish on your face. It blurs the distinction between bowl and face lathering, but is actually more traditional. You could do a dry load from a mug, but I don't find any benefit from dividing the steps.

JD

Top Bottom