What's new

My concluding thoughts over the Beautytrack DE razor.

A very warm good evening to everyone on this forum.

Just to remind everyone, this is my DE razor with the incredibly low price tag of £5.95:

For its really low price I would say its a great beginner's razor but after handling some proper DE razors like the Merkur Progress, the 39c Slant as well as a couple of others, it feels a bit weedy and gutless in comparison. (I left out the Merkur Futur as I thought it was too big and gimmicky and I didn't like the feel of it) .

I am starting to have reservations about putting some of the more exotic blades in my razor like the Feather (imagine putting a Ferrari engine in a Lada Riva and you get my drift). Even my wife loves the heft of the more expensive DE razors. She is seriously considering getting one for her legs.

This question is probably a shot in the dark, but has anyone else used the razor which I have? If you did what were your thoughts on it please?

Kind regards as always.

Jason.

Comparing inexpensive razors to exotic cars when it comes to blade choice is kind of apples to oranges. Blades are cheap and that’s part of the fun. Finding a combo that works best for you is what it’s all about. I say get a blade sampler that includes the blades you’re curious about and try them in your razor. You might enjoy them so much you won’t want to buy another razor. Good luck on your journey and happy shaves!

Comparing inexpensive razors to exotic cars when it comes to blade choice is kind of apples to oranges. Blades are cheap and that’s part of the fun. Finding a combo that works best for you is what it’s all about. I say get a blade sampler that includes the blades you’re curious about and try them in your razor. You might enjoy them so much you won’t want to buy another razor. Good luck on your journey and happy shaves!

Good evening and thanks for your reply.

So far I have tried a Treet blade and a Merkur blade in my razor. The Merkur blade certainly did a better job than the Treet. My face still feels silky smooth 9 hours later (something my Mach3 could never do).

I do have a pack of Feather blades in the house. Haven't tried them yet.

Kind regards.

Jason.

Top Bottom