What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Tough to beat classic Old Spice!! This has been a favorite since I started shaving.

Unfortunately, getting tough to find in the shops in this area. :sob: :sob:

Any specific reasons?
Performance, questionable procurement methods or overall ease of use in other types of bristles?
Well first of all I want to be clear I'm not hating the badger hair brush, not at all; and my reasons are, even in my own estimation, a little nit-picky. All that being said my nit picks are (in no particular order): 1. It eats an impressive amount soap. 2. It doesn't seem to want to release lather as well as my synthetic and, 3. It feels almost too soft, or too floppy, or... something. Maybe "backbone" is the right word... As in it doesn't have enough backbone? I'm not sure because I admittedly know next to nothing when it comes to brushes and I'm a little unclear on some of the lingo.

Well first of all I want to be clear I'm not hating the badger hair brush, not at all; and my reasons are, even in my own estimation, a little nit-picky. All that being said my nit picks are (in no particular order): 1. It eats an impressive amount soap. 2. It doesn't seem to want to release lather as well as my synthetic and, 3. It feels almost too soft, or too floppy, or... something. Maybe "backbone" is the right word... As in it doesn't have enough backbone? I'm not sure because I admittedly know next to nothing when it comes to brushes and I'm a little unclear on some of the lingo.
I understand those reasons and quite frankly I too have similar issues. That is the reason for limiting the badgers in my rotation to only 2, and of that 1 was gifted very kindly to me.

The best in badger brushes with ample backbone and lather release is SOC Finest badger and SOC Mistura (boar + Finest badger mix). These are 24 mm brush, so not too high and hence less chance of lather eating tendency, that is if you are interested in giving the badgers another chance.

I too am inclined on getting only these two brushes, I'm not inclined on getting anything more expensive and specialized because I tend to favor the synthetic heavily and boars coming in second.

Ps: I have Zenith Manchurian as my 2nd badger, it has enough backbone but yeah it needs more lather than my synthetic brushes, I think every other kind of brush will need more lather than the synthetic brushes.
Who knows? I too am new to this hobby.

Shaved the noggin with an adjustable on 9 today (was feeling frisky) and after my first pass I dumbed it down to a 5 for the final two after catching my ear and the back of head (minor) Didn't know my ear could bleed so much.. Long story short aggressive razors/settings, for me at this current junction, are not good for headshaving.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
GO SLOW with a new razor! Cut myself with Schlick Adjustable on 3! 🙄
I tried my Yaqi slant for the first time today. I wish I had read your post first. I was a bit gun ho . No cuts or nicks but I know I went a little to hard. It is a beast that needs taming.

Top Bottom