What's new

New Wolfman Razor Site Coming

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I bought a WR1 and a WR2.
Both are beautiful razors and good shavers but you can get better shaves and great quality from companies like RazoRock and Blackland for a lot less money and no annoying wait time and sales tactics.
My rr game shaves better than my wr1 for $55 and is cnc milled from stainless. The finish just isn't so shiny or pretty.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Fair point.

Even though I have other razors that provide a better ultimate shave result than my current Wolfman razors ...

Stop it, stop it .. I never going to justify getting one now if you saying they do not even provide a better ultimate shave.

Only joking of course.

If you feel the razor gives you value for your money I guess that's all that matters; your money to spend as you like.

Stop it, stop it .. I never going to justify getting one now if you saying they do not even provide a better ultimate shave.

Only joking of course.

If you feel the razor gives you value for your money I guess that's all that matters; your money to spend as you like.
Rolex watches don't keep better time than a timex or an apple watch and they cost $10k plus. They make a million a year and you can't even get one.
Some people just want to own something because it's pretty and collectable.
I doubt Wolfman demand will slow down because he limits production to only hundreds of razors per year.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Trust me on this: even if the War Department would not be seeing me out the door with all my facial hair removal gear, I just couldn't buy an "expensive" razor. BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

If I ever get too much money, I will be BEGGING a dealership to take my money for a brand new Ford Maverick truck, and another dealership to take my money for a Miata. Seriously.

I put "expensive" in quotation marks because it begs the question, "what is 'expensive?'" Answer: it's in the eye of the guy who's money is exiting his wallet.

I hope I haven't given anyone the impression that I disrespect the Wolfman "Artist", because that is FAR FROM MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIM! He sounds like a stand up Dude, as I have NEVER seen one comment ANYWHERE about him being less than a GREAT human.

I LOVE art and Artists. I kinda am one. I LOVE the fact that this man can command the prices he gets. VALUE is ALWAYS ultimately in the eye of the beholder/owner.

I hope he ends up richer than King C. Gillette!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Add one more point.

One of my identities is a teacher in the design department of a university, and once taught design history/art history courses.
The Art Deco style darwin razor fascinates me, but the darwin unicorn-like rarity and price are hindering it; and some B&B collectors’ darwin cobalt steel continues to break and cannot be saved.

So I am very happy that wolfman can present Darwin's Art Deco aesthetics with modern processing quality. (I also collect merkur 42c for the same Art deco reason.)

Especially during the pandemic, I think I should give myself some rewards.
The area where I live has good public transportation, so I save a lot of car consumption and taxes.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

Only joking of course.

You did take that out of context, joke or not. The Wolfman razors give me the best shave experience, bar none. But I can get a closer shave with a Charcoal Level 3 versus the Wolfman razors I currently have. When I get my 1.55 in a couple of months, that may change, and probably will.

James seems like a standup guy and it’s good to see him succeed IMO.

I own a WR2 and it is excellent. Does it shave noticeably better than my Game Changer or Karve? Not really. Does it look better and does it have a better fit and finish? Absolutely.

I am about a month away from my second Wolfman (WR1) and I can’t wait. And if I don’t like it, I can get most if not all of my money back. You can’t say that about other razor brands.

I drive a rusty 14 year old F150 and a brand new BMW. Both get me from point A to B but the BMW is a hell of a lot more fun. Buy what makes you happy I always say. 👍

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Another note about the "Expensive Razor" debate. I know that I, along with many others on this forum, have purchased many inexpensive and mid-priced razors in search of the perfect shave. And I, too, always stated I would never buy that mega expensive razor. Until I realized how many dozens of sub-$50 and sub-$100 razors I had purchased and churned though over the years. And the dozens and dozens of Vintage razors I have collected that I rarely used. After I did the math, I realized that $300 or $350 for one highly engineered, artisan crafted razor was not that far of a stretch. I sold a bunch of those other less expensive razors, and got my first CG and my first Wolfman. Since then, I have sold off a ton more, and funded more "expensive" razors. And outside of a few odd-ball purchases of some less expensive razors, my constant churn of buying all the latest inexpensive and mid-priced razors have stopped. And i have settled in on a fine rotation of razors that really enjoy using. And yes, I will buy more Wolfman, Charcoal Good, Blackland, etc. But I have mostly stopped buying large numbers of razors on a continual basis.

If you buy seven $50 razors, you can afford a Wolfman. How many of those that say "I would never buy a razor for $350" have at least seven $50 razors ... or more? I bet a lot of them. I would rather have one Wolfman than seven $50 razors. Thats just my 2 cents. Its not a judgement on anyone. Take it for what you will. Buy what you like, and like what you buy.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
When I ponder how much money I’ve spent on fancy meals over the years, it strikes me that a finely-crafted instrument that provides me 20-30 minutes of joy every single day for many years is certainly worth the cost of a single meal at Morton Steak House. And, I can leave that finely-crafted instrument to a child or a grandchild for his (or her) enjoyment for another several decades of joy. Which of these is the better bargain? The question barely survives its statement.

Rolex watches don't keep better time than a timex or an apple watch and they cost $10k plus. They make a million a year and you can't even get one.
Some people just want to own something because it's pretty and collectable.
I doubt Wolfman demand will slow down because he limits production to only hundreds of razors per year.

I guess if you see it equivalent owning a Rolex watch then you are getting your money's worth out of it, and that's great.

Not too long ago, wolfman razors were only obtainable via random website drops. These were quickly taken by people using automated software. Average users could only get one at highly inflated eBay prices.
WM changed to a waitlist model and offered lower price basic polish models to get more razors to people and curb the second hand market. I, and many others, wouldn’t have a WM without this change. I put my WR2 and Blackbird in a tier above many other good razors.
Wolfman razors are more attainable and at a cheaper price than ever before. They are top quality excellent shavers, but not cheap. Luckily there are great razors available for those who don’t want to wait or pay artisan prices.

When I ponder how much money I’ve spent on fancy meals over the years, it strikes me that a finely-crafted instrument that provides me 20-30 minutes of joy every single day for many years is certainly worth the cost of a single meal at Morton Steak House. And, I can leave that finely-crafted instrument to a child or a grandchild for his (or her) enjoyment for another several decades of joy. Which of these is the better bargain? The question barely survives its statement.

Dan, I tried that argument with my wife. She just rolled her eyes and said "nice try." :001_rolle

I have utilized @Hannah's Dad and @never-stop-learning in my shaving journey, I know for certain I will never have as many razors as David, very few of us ever will. But utilizing both of them I now have a WR2 1.35 and a Blackbird and it was a great decision.

The other person that has helped tremendously on my shaving brush purchases is
@dmshaver , there is an endless supply of knowledge on this site, and I would hope there are those that I have helped as well.

That is what we do, in a respectful manner help each other.

Doug

Top Bottom