What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2, 2 Band, Silvertip

Blade: Polsilver Stainless (1)

Soap: MDC Fougere

Razor: Blackland Blackbird SS, first shave with this complement to my WR2, and I was not disappointed very smooth efficient shave without a single mishap, had forgotten how heavy a SS Handle is, but the weight worked in my favor. Now I have two great razors and each feels a little different, I always have thought the Blackbird was a unique looking razor and it is.

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

10/10
D2CE22A4-717E-4E34-BFA4-14F3F8E54F31.jpeg
D45440FC-7431-4B81-9D55-96AD6146A840.jpeg
E2D7585E-15E7-455F-904A-6122945CCF18.jpeg
204CC90D-F81C-41B1-87CA-B7AF1B99A395.jpeg

Glad the razor worked well for you. What handle is that? It looks like a very good match for that razor head. My experience with Tabac is limited but I always seem to make it too thick. That soap begs for a lot of water.
I just used the handle that came with it, although I look forward to trying longer, heavier handles with it to see how the shaves get even better.

tempImageLn718K.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: B&M Dickens Revisited -- I don't use this soap often, but boy, do I like the scent on it. Rich and peppery.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2)
Razor: Blackbird
Post: Thayer's and a ridiculous amount of Pinaud Clubman, thanks to me forgetting this used to be a soy sauce bottle.

An awesome shave, no other word for it. I've never had such close, smooth shaves without aftershave sting. Results: BSS except the very point of the chin. I had a couple dots of blood at the end of the shave but they didn't need any treatment.

Other notes: It is interesting how the B&M lathers up with less volume than Stirling, but it still works the same. Also, I'm finding the Tribble knot in the Green Ray to be superior to the Roswell knot in the Starcraft. Just personal preference. This Roswell knot feels "typical" compared to other synths, whereas the Green Ray brush just has something different and very cool going on.

Between razor, soap maker, brush knot, and even blade, I've had a week of honing in on what could very well be "Desert Island" levels of shaving satisfaction. At the moment, that would be: Blackbird, Stirling, Green Ray, 7 O'Clock Green. What an awesome foursome.

Rating: 9.8/10.

Prep: Pears Glycerin Soap / Hot water rinse / Proraso White Pre-Shave
Brush: Omega Boar Brush #10049
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum Shaving Soap
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1)
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 84-P Bulldog Handle
Post: Alum Block/ Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel/ Gilette After Shave Gel

Rating: 8/10 A weeper and some burn but felt good to shave after three days.

shave9_03_21.jpg

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Lord Silver Star Super Stainless Steel (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes (sample)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Immortal Peach Aftershave / Cologne (sample)
Rating: 10/10

Wow, what a shave. First time using MdC, scooped out about half of what I normally would with the artisan soap samples and had way too much soap, ended up having enough lather for 2 full shaves at least. As I loaded too heavy, first pass was a little dry but I corrected that for the next two passes and wow. Was thick shiny lather that was protective but still crazy slick. Got a BBS with no issues and zero feedback with the alum and aftershave, leaving my face with a fantastic luxurious feel, can see why MdC gets so much love. I’m undecided about the Argumes scent, didn’t like it or dislike it but after more shaves, maybe I’ll come around to it (also have a sample of Fougere to try). Immortal Peach smells just like a ripe juicy peach after biting into it, making me drool all evening haha

La Toja shaving cream
Parker silver tip badger brush
Ralf Aust 5/8 Spanish tip straight razor
witch hazel
Gillette aftershave gel
Brut 33
aftershave

Two passes on the neck. One pass on the face plus a second XTG pass around the mouth. Slight nick on the chin under the bottom lip. That seems to be my more difficult area when using a straight. It used to be the corners of the mouth.

9/10

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Lord Silver Star Super Stainless Steel (5)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes (sample)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Immortal Peach Aftershave / Cologne (sample)
Rating: 10/10

Wow, what a shave. First time using MdC, scooped out about half of what I normally would with the artisan soap samples and had way too much soap, ended up having enough lather for 2 full shaves at least. As I loaded too heavy, first pass was a little dry but I corrected that for the next two passes and wow. Was thick shiny lather that was protective but still crazy slick. Got a BBS with no issues and zero feedback with the alum and aftershave, leaving my face with a fantastic luxurious feel, can see why MdC gets so much love. I’m undecided about the Argumes scent, didn’t like it or dislike it but after more shaves, maybe I’ll come around to it (also have a sample of Fougere to try). Immortal Peach smells just like a ripe juicy peach after biting into it, making me drool all evening haha
MDC is a great soap one of the absolute best.

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Rockwell 6S(R4)
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (D3)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in BEST Badger
Soap: Pearl CoffeOP Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotiq Wild Grass AS Gel
Rating : 9.64/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Sat 4 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Sandpiper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Abysso
Another awesome Stirling soap! Wonderful scent, creamy and slick lather...
Another SR shaves in the books...almost 60. The razor was nice & smooth in 3passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs/sas finish. Aftershaves were as good too. Rating 9.5/10
20210904_143312.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Super Speed
Blade: Shark (1)
Soap: B&M Oceana
Brush: APShave Elegant Emerald FAN synthetic (new)

Broke in the new brush today.
The AP Shave is a really great brush, the 24mm 2BED FAN knot is excellent, more backbone than my other synthetics and the handle is beautiful.

proxy.php

Today I used the electric shaver for black men. Yes yes there are special razors for black men. Because our stubble is thicker and we are more overgrown. So we need a tougher razor. One that can remove all those hairs that we don't need. That razor needs to cut close to the skin. Ensuring that your sensitive skin stays intact. Who's wondering. There are quite a few razors like this. I've tried most here and settled on the Philips Norelco S9721/89. An electric rotating razor that will take care of straight stiff hair. 60 minutes of operating time. 3 shaving elements. Face contour sensor.
81xXzQwz5pL._SL1500_.jpg

Saturday morning.

Windrose "All British" 7/8 barber's notch straight razor
Kent boar brush
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Marks and Spencer"Woodspice" (amber) aftershave

A great shave from the Windrose. I'm wary of how "All British" the steel is on this one, but it's nicely finished and I'm surprised they're not making more of an impression than they seem to be : I like it as much as - maybe more than - a lot of other current production stuff.

The Kent boar does well with TOBS - I always seem to end up with more lather than expected. Classic high street department store brand with the aftershave, but that just means it's easily available - in the UK at least.

Some ATG stubble detectable under the chin, which I always have trouble getting completely smooth when I'm poking a straight razor under there. But I think it merits rounding up to a "10".

Today I used the electric shaver for black men. Yes yes there are special razors for black men. Because our stubble is thicker and we are more overgrown. So we need a tougher razor. One that can remove all those hairs that we don't need. That razor needs to cut close to the skin. Ensuring that your sensitive skin stays intact. Who's wondering. There are quite a few razors like this. I've tried most here and settled on the Philips Norelco S9721/89. An electric rotating razor that will take care of straight stiff hair. 60 minutes of operating time. 3 shaving elements. Face contour sensor.

Careful, now - this is reading a bit like an advertisement. [I've not ruled out the idea that it is, but I like to assume good intentions.]

Looks like you're a new poster, so it's worth popping over to the newbie threads to introduce yourself. There are also threads on electric razors, so perhaps let us know which others you tried, and what it was about this one you liked.

04 September 2021
20210904_063934_HDR.jpg

Prep:
Spice Bar soap
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb—China & Germany
Cream:
Old Spice Original—India Until it is used up
Blade:
ASCO—Egypt Shave #3 and out / good hint of dulling
Brush:
Gray Dog—Ohio
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.0 CCS
Comments:
A good shave, but lots of stubble, however no nicks or weepers.

Taking the LOTH to the Shen Yun performance today and then out for an Italian dinner. We celebrated our 44th Anniversary yesterday. I still can’t believe she has put up with me for 43 of the 44 years. She couldn’t go to Iraq with me during my civilian tour June 2008 through late May 2009.

The boar came back. Roaring...

The Omega Jade Boar is an outstanding brush!

Haslinger Schalfmilch
Gillette Brazilian Goodwill
Feather (6)

I’m under the impression that MWF gives a better post shave feel than the Schalfmilch. But this is s great soap. And the aluminum tin/tub is great.

Feathers may not be long distance runners, but nonetheless, this blade has been holding on.

Gillette Goodwill. If you come across one, just get it.

One pass. Good, really good shave.

Overall - 9, for the simplicity and pleasure.

93D77B12-8C2A-4BB2-95DE-CF6A0FA1AD0F.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth, Aluminum
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Moka Express, Two Band Badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream

Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel,
PAA Al Fin Aftershave & Cologne

A good shave. Mostly BBS. The end result was actually better than the journey there.While shaving it didn't feel very smooth or comfortable. The lather's Rose scent was a nice summer morning experience and the Al Fin Aftershave had a great menthol feel. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. 9

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom