What's new

Maxwell June Razor. Anyone try this razor yet?

My email box contained a newsletter about this razor with a review. This razor takes any DE safety razor blade and folds it in half providing a twin bladed cartridge type shave. It looks gimmicky to me but I would love to hear some reviews from our forum members here.

<iframe width="500" height="281" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
After some deliberation I placed an order for one. Someone has to be the first to check it out.

Ata boy South Dakota.....thanks for doing that. I went to their website and was happy to see you can get a shorter handle....the one in the video looks very long. I'm not sure I like that it's made of aluminum, but who knows....maybe it turns out to be awesome. Keep us posted.

Ata boy South Dakota.....thanks for doing that. I went to their website and was happy to see you can get a shorter handle....the one in the video looks very long. I'm not sure I like that it's made of aluminum, but who knows....maybe it turns out to be awesome. Keep us posted.
I ordered the shorter 3.8" version with the clear anodized finish. It says the razors are made from 6061 Aluminum. I have no idea what 6061 means. I like the looks of the black one but I am fairly sure that black will show residual lather haze more easily and require more frequent cleaning. They will probably end up doing multiple different colors like Henson. The long handle might be nice for head shavers and the ladies in our lives. My wife has shown no interest in using a safety razor but perhaps I can get her to try this one.

It's a cool concept. I'd like to know more. I have the cheap Russian double twin blade, which I don't care for.

It's a cool concept. I'd like to know more. I have the cheap Russian double twin blade, which I don't care for.
I just snagged this close up photo of the head.

MJ Head.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post a review here once I get to take it for a spin. I might open it up for a limited pass around but I haven’t decided yet. If I do it might be limited to members who are older and members with health issues that affect their abilities to shave with a less than steady hand. This might end up being my oldtimer retirement razor. I think it might appeal to @TexOkie Shaver as his health issues might be progressive.

I will post a review here once I get to take it for a spin. I might open it up for a limited pass around but I haven’t decided yet. If I do it might be limited to members who are older and members with health issues that affect their abilities to shave with a less than steady hand. This might end up being my oldtimer retirement razor. I think it might appeal to @TexOkie Shaver as his health issues might be progressive.
I would like to take it for a spin. I tried the leaf razor, but loading the blades was a challenge, and I always felt like three was one too many. This looks just right.

I would like to take it for a spin. I tried the leaf razor, but loading the blades was a challenge, and I always felt like three was one too many. This looks just right.
I will test it out and see if it lives up to Sharpologist reviews and the manufacturer’s claims of no irritation and easy BBS when doing a three pass shave. Supposedly finding the right angle is easy and if you use the wrong angle it just won’t cut. You were one of the first members to speak to me when I arrived and I would love to do you a solid

I will test it out and see if it lives up to Sharpologist reviews and the manufacturer’s claims of no irritation and easy BBS when doing a three pass shave. Supposedly finding the right angle is easy and if you use the wrong angle it just won’t cut. You were one of the first members to speak to me when I arrived and I would love to do you a solid
Like @Joncr said above, the Sensor is the only cart I could use. The rest just irritated the heck out of my face and left a stubbled mess. DE blades work most of the time, but I still have those occasional days like yesterday where I shave like I was using the edge of a clamshell. Something consistent and easy is what I'm looking for. I thought I had found it in the Leaf, but it was just another disappointment.

Top Bottom