What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

This was recommended by a friend. He said it usually sells for around $40. The store I was at overprices some things quite a bit had it on sale for $39 marked down from $76. I figured that’s a fair price and grabbed it. This and a Jug O Cutty Sark for not special occasions.
View attachment 1312198

Very good, starts off with a nose on the alcohol due to the proof and mild oak but it is smooth. Very good lingering after taste, I got oak and slight cinnamon, hint of dark fruit.

Added these on Friday. Looking forward to both. Never had the 1910, but heard interesting comparisons to WRDO, which I enjoy. Been a LONG time since I had the WT101. I remember enjoying the spice on the finish. Will be interesting to see how it ranks on my palette now.

1629117954387.png

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
i have been out of town and off the grid for a couple weeks. I went to my favorite liquor store and picked up a couple bottles I have never tried.View attachment 1313371
Let us know how that Caribbean Cask is. I’ve been eyeballing it every time I go to the liquor store but haven’t pulled the trigger. The Lagavulin 16 is very good.

Let us know how that Caribbean Cask is. I’ve been eyeballing it every time I go to the liquor store but haven’t pulled the trigger. The Lagavulin 16 is very good.
Well I cracked the Caribbean Cask tonight. Definitely a Speyside. Not much smoke or peat at all. I can really smell the influence of the rum cask. The taste is really approachable. A little saline. Quite a bit of brown sugar and caramel. Good burn on a nice long finish. I like it. It is not quite Aberlour A’bunadh…. but kinda similar. It was cheaper slightly.

I also found some Eagle Rare in my local grocery store for the first time for MSRP. So I picked one up. I've been really liking Rye Whiskey lately, but this is almost dangerously smooth with some strong cherry (and maybe some citrus? but really my tongue only tastes two flavors...yum! and Blegh! So I am still working on identifying things). I am pretty happy with it.

Top Bottom