What's new

How often do you draw blood when shaving?

How often do you draw blood when shaving?

• Total voters
Don't be bashful. There's nothing to be embarrassed about, it happens to the best of us. After all, we are driving a razorblade across the skin of our faces.

I draw blood quite often, sometimes more frequently sometimes not, and occasionally rarely. It doesn't bother me in the least. It's all part of shaving. - consider it a sacrifice to the shaving gods.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I get more nicks in bug season -- flies and mosquitoes.

Like the flies and mosquitoes, the razors usually don't want much.

O.H.

I depends on the razor. With some razors, never. With other razors, at least several times a week.

I'm a daily, including Sunday, shaver and I do 3 or 4 passes. I usually stay with the same razor for the entire week, changing blades and razors once a week.

It depends also on how many times I have used the specific blade...but still "draw blood", there is no doctor ready to apply stitches when I am done shaving...normally.

When I do, it's usually the shave or two after I've put a different razor into rotation. Once I've relearned the particulars for that razor, I'm usually good to go. And though it happens much less frequently, sometimes I'm just sloppy, or hasty, or not as focused as I should be and...ding, I've nicked myself.

Rarely, except recently every shave due to large weight loss hence using an electric shaver until the skin tightens up.

The precise answer would be "rarely - almost never". This includes any type of razor. Shavettes are the most "dangerous," cartridges the most safe for me. Not counting the electric, of course.

Often when I started, rarely now. When I do get a nick, I'll often get one or two more in the same shave. I think my face sometimes gets puffy and minor blemishes get caught more easily.

I have mild razors (Timeless .68 SB, Tatara Masamune, ATT Windsor SSR1 SB, Merkur 34C) and sharp blades (Feather, Nacet, GSB, etc.) and am very very careful. I don’t like blood, especially my own. No blood in the past year, and only a slight nick in the six months before that.

A rare weeper here and there. Usually if using a new razor the second time as I am careful the first round... Over confident lol

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The secret is to not put your alum stick away.

I go for many weeks without seeing blood. If I then put my alum stick away thinking that I won't need it again, the very next shave draws blood. With the alum stick out and readily available, no blood.

Top Bottom