What's new

Where's the Glycerine; Master Bay Rum

I like both alcohol and non-alcohol aftershaves and I wanted to try Master Bay Rum because online the ingredients I read stated it had Glycerine in it and might have a slight moisturizing affect. I ordered the 8 ounce size online. However, when I received it in the mail I read the ingredients and no Glycerine was listed. Ingredients are water, Bay Leaf oil (Bay Leaf is Pimenta Acris Leaf oil), denatured alcohol (alcohol is SDA 40) and two yellow colors. It smells great and I havent used it yet but will soon. Apperently it's very simple and basic and must get it's fragrance only from the bay leaf oil so kudos to Master's a good basic product that get's it's fragrance from a nature source only...I would not expect this at the low cost. Does anyone know when Master's stopped putting Glycerine in their bay Rum? I'm also wondering if the Bay Leaf oil has any moisturizing affect?...I kind of doubt it but wasn't sure.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like both alcohol and non-alcohol aftershaves and I wanted to try Master Bay Rum because online the ingredients I read stated it had Glycerine in it and might have a slight moisturizing affect. I ordered the 8 ounce size online. However, when I received it in the mail I read the ingredients and no Glycerine was listed. Ingredients are water, Bay Leaf oil (Bay Leaf is Pimenta Acris Leaf oil), denatured alcohol (alcohol is SDA 40) and two yellow colors. It smells great and I havent used it yet but will soon. Apperently it's very simple and basic and must get it's fragrance only from the bay leaf oil so kudos to Master's a good basic product that get's it's fragrance from a nature source only...I would not expect this at the low cost. Does anyone know when Master's stopped putting Glycerine in their bay Rum? I'm also wondering if the Bay Leaf oil has any moisturizing affect?...I kind of doubt it but wasn't sure.

I heard that the FDA doesn't require them to list vegetable glycerin in their ingredient list? It's definitely in there though. If you have acquired a bottle for yourself, it will be easy to tell when you splash some on a freshly shaven face. As it begins to dry down, it will begin to feel extremely tacky or somewhat sticky on your face.

I heard that the FDA doesn't require them to list vegetable glycerin in their ingredient list? It's definitely in there though. If you have acquired a bottle for yourself, it will be easy to tell when you splash some on a freshly shaven face. As it begins to dry down, it will begin to feel extremely tacky or somewhat sticky on your face.

OkieStubble

Thank you for your reply, and based on the evidence I tend to agree with you. I shaved yesterday and applied Master Bay Rum immediately following the shave and I noticed a light moisturizing affect. I suspect this might by the Glycerin you stated was not listed in the ingredeints but was actually present. My newly acquired Master Bay Rum is sitting next to my Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum on my bathroom counter. I can say without hesitation I prefer the Master Bay Rum to the Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. I prefer the fragrance and I prefer the light moisturizing affect and the fact that all the frangrence is coming from nothing more than the bay leaf oil. I still like the Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum but my preference is the Master Bay Rum...this is a good product at this price point.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
OkieStubble

Thank you for your reply, and based on the evidence I tend to agree with you. I shaved yesterday and applied Master Bay Rum immediately following the shave and I noticed a light moisturizing affect. I suspect this might by the Glycerin you stated was not listed in the ingredeints but was actually present. My newly acquired Master Bay Rum is sitting next to my Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum on my bathroom counter. I can say without hesitation I prefer the Master Bay Rum to the Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. I prefer the fragrance and I prefer the light moisturizing affect and the fact that all the frangrence is coming from nothing more than the bay leaf oil. I still like the Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum but my preference is the Master Bay Rum...this is a good product at this price point.

Very true. Most of the complaints if any I have ever read on Master, is it has too much glycerin in it. Many don't like the stickiness of the dry down and all the glycerin. There are definitely, two kinds of Bay Rum preferences. Those that like Bay Rums which have, cinnamon & spices, or those who prefer the simple Bay Rums, with no spices and just pure bay oil.

I like both. :)

Top Bottom