What's new

Lupo stainless?

So two days later and I leisurely put the LupoDC+Feather to the blades second shave... ended up with a battlefield below my jaw. I seem to not fare well with Feathers after the initial shave, unlike the pricey KingC.Gillette that I got 5 solid shaves out of last week. Back to the Astra next shave.

So two days later and I leisurely put the LupoDC+Feather to the blades second shave... ended up with a battlefield below my jaw. I seem to not fare well with Feathers after the initial shave, unlike the pricey KingC.Gillette that I got 5 solid shaves out of last week. Back to the Astra next shave.
King C blade is excellent and works very well in all of my razors especially loaded in my Lupo.72 and 95 pricey but very very good

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Aug 18th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, excellent mid range, a joy to use, excellent design and meets all my shaving needs for my beard type. If you like a high end Stainless steel razor it is up there IMO. Might not be a daily driver for some folks!
Blade: Premium Derby (1), sharp & smooth, one of Derby's better blades IMO.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent and with excellent lather qualities + triple milled. Also hard to beat this soap pricewise.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow brown whiskers synthetic:001_wub:, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Premium Derby blade.

SOTD, Aug 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves.!

Had my first shave with a Kai blade yesterday in my Lupo DC. 3 day growth, Nivia sensitive skin cream as a prep, then Barbasol that I let sit for a minute or so. First pass WTG on the 72OC side, followed by a second XTG on the 95SB side. Had minor cleanups after that on my neck and under jaw/chin. 24 hours later I still look shaven, but finally can feel stubble. Serious performer on its first shave. Will see tomorrow how it does on the 2nd.

Appols for not reading all 52 pages. Was a general opinion had on preference to the 72 or 95?

I am leaning towards the .72 because I want something less aggressive than a R41 .. I assuming the .95 is on par with the R41??

Appols for not reading all 52 pages. Was a general opinion had on preference to the 72 or 95?

I am leaning towards the .72 because I want something less aggressive than a R41 .. I assuming the .95 is on par with the R41??
It isn't. For me the Lupo 95 is very efficient, but not as aggressive as the R41. Efficiency is maybe a tad below the R41, but the smoothness is miles ahead. There is no blade chatter either with the Lupo. There is bladefeel, but not as much as with the R41. It is more forgiving too. Don't get me wrong, I like the R41 too, but these are two different razors.

Many say that the 95 is smoother than the 72, but I suppose this is YMMW.

I am constantly torn between my 72 and 95. Efficiency-wise, I've heard the 72 compared to the Wolfman WR1 .61 gap and the Lupo 95 to the WR1 .67 plate. Also, 72 compared to Karve C plate and Lupo 95 to just shy of Karve D plate.

So really, not that much difference. I get the same pleasing amount of blade feel between the 72 vs 95, just enough to let you know what's happening. The 95 is just a bit more efficient but both are very smooth operators due to the blade being clamped securely close to the edge. I can use either one for consecutive days of shaving.

I've never owned the R41 but I doubt the 95 would be close to it in aggressiveness. The 72 and 95 to me are almost perfect auto-pilot razors (never been bitten) and I've never heard that description concerning the R41.
Hope this helps.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I probably like the R41 (2013 version) more than most people around here. To me it's not what I'd call aggressive. In my opinion though it doesn't compare well at all to the two Lupos you mention.

I'm not saying it compares unfavorably. It's just a much different razor. An apples and oranges thing.

Assumptions about razors will get you in a lot of trouble. As will reading about razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Assumptions about razors will get you in a lot of trouble. As will reading about razors.
This 100%

And I'm saying this, as someone who started off the wet-shaving journey with R41 and Feather blades (by pure coincidence).

It's a great shaver no doubt and I never use it... as I crave a different shaving experience then the one provided by R41.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The DC is the way to go IMHO. I would be very interested if anyone has both a DC and a 72SB, specifically as to the comparison of the 72 gap in OC vs SB. I suspect that difference is more significant than the gap.

I have both the DC and the.72 SB. The .72 OC and .72 SB give a similar shave with the SB, for me, getting the nod for smoothness. The end result seems to end up being the same...again...for me. I prefer the .72 SB.

The Lupo razors are excellent razors. Put it on a nice handle and you may very well have your daily driver for a very long time.

I have both the DC and the.72 SB. The .72 OC and .72 SB give a similar shave with the SB, for me, getting the nod for smoothness. The end result seems to end up being the same...again...for me. I prefer the .72 SB.

The Lupo razors are excellent razors. Put it on a nice handle and you may very well have your daily driver for a very long time.
I find the shave a LOT smoother on the 72OC side on a few days growth than is the 95SB side on the first pass. Once the long whiskers are gone, the feel is more similar between the sides, but for longer growth the OC is definitely smoother for me.

It’s been a bit since my last post here. Came around to using the Lupo .95 along with the Ethos soap and it was like putting on a well worn and comfy baseball cap. It kind of leaves one perplexed at still the questions that many have concerning this series from Razorock, Lupo series that is. It just covers nearly every range from mildly efficient to mid-aggressive yet still staying an overall smooth shaver. It’s relatively easy on the skin depending on your choice of size and it takes down whiskers with substantial ease. Sometimes we just overthink our shave parameters or the tools we use. Most times all it takes is a simple and slight adjustment on one’s shave angle or technique and bingo, it just clicks. Not every razor does that (as some offer a smaller or narrower window for angle adjustment) understandably but, the range for which the Lupo offers for technique variation is really quite remarkable.

It’s not a jewel in terms of finish nor a totally utilitarian looking piece of kit say, the Rockwell 6s or The Merica razor from WSC. It sits right in the middle with quality and craftsmanship equal to some of the best in this niche industry. You could buy the complete whole set up for well under $150 US and nearly be able to call it an adjustable a la the 6s/6c or the Karve. And whatever plate(s) that does not work for one, you get a nice return by putting it up on the b/s/t and keeping what works.

It’s not the end all be all razor in the market. Unfortunately, that razor will never exist simply because of the individual demands that a user expects from their tool based on their specific criteria and needs.

But, this razor sure does bring value and performance to the table for the vast majority of wet shavers out there. Every time I use it I enjoy the heck out of it because it simply delivers a fine shave 99% of the time. The other 1% percent when it‘s a bit off is solely on user error, in my experience. Yes, it shares a place with my Rocnel Sailor ‘21, Taiga, Timeless Ti and a couple of others in the den. Not bad company to be quite honest…..

7EA12E0D-0F0F-4FC3-B5A6-EDFDD1A2FD54.jpeg

Top Bottom