What's new

Speick aftershave -menthol level

I like the scent of Speick shave soap and was thinking about trying the aftershave splash. I'm generally not a fan of menthol, unless it's very light. What is the menthol level in Speick aftershave. Does it mostly blend in with the other ingredients, or is the menthol more prominent in scent and face feel (burning/cooling sensation)? Thanks

M

Member 113878

More prominent in face feel.
It also features camphor, which adds to the feel, but not scent.
To me, Speick is somewhat too heavy on some kind of patchouli note, whatever that is.

More prominent in face feel.
It also features camphor, which adds to the feel, but not scent.
To me, Speick is somewhat too heavy on some kind of patchouli note, whatever that is.
So, does the aftershave smell differently than the shave soap?

Not familiar with 4711, so is that a favorable comparison? Do you agree with fblais that it has a heavy patchouli note?

Not familiar with 4711, so is that a favorable comparison? Do you agree with fblais that it has a heavy patchouli note?
4711 is a traditional German cologne water with a mild citrus/woody type scent. Basically a splash you put on after showering that only lasts a few minutes. If you're familiar with Neroli Portofino, sort of a weaker version of that. I'd say favorable, but it does only last a few minutes (on purpose). I like it, it is not the same as the soap, but it complements the soap very well.

I don't get patchouli, that might be the speick plant extract. It's kind of a spicy, woody green scent.

The main reason to use the Speick A/S is the soothing and healing effects, not the scent.

Last edited:
4711 is a traditional German cologne water with a mild citrus/woody type scent. Basically a splash you put on after showering that only lasts a few minutes. If you're familiar with Neroli Portofino, sort of a weaker version of that. I'd say favorable, but it does only last a few minutes (on purpose). I like it, it is not the same as the soap, but it complements the soap very well.

I don't get patchouli, that might be the speick plant extract. It's kind of a spicy, woody green scent.

The main reason to use the Speick A/S is the soothing and healing effects, not the scent.
Thank-you

Used the Speick splash this warm AM: terrific face feel and skin conditioning! Menthol is just right IMO!
:a29: :a29:

Do you find it to be more of a warm weather splash, or a year-round one? When winter dryness starts, I tend to use balms for more moisturizing effect. Does Speick also help with that?

Do you find it to be more of a warm weather splash, or a year-round one? When winter dryness starts, I tend to use balms for more moisturizing effect. Does Speick also help with that?
I use the splash year-round. Speick also sells a balm that has a similar scent to the splash.

If you use an unscented balm, you can use it together with your scented aftershaves.

Top Bottom