What's new

Israeli Personna Titanium Chrome razor blades for sale

BRAND-NEW Israeli Personna SUPER STAINLESS Double Edge Platinum Chrome Blades individually wrapped in packages of 5ea. blades.
The blades I have, come in bulk boxes of 3500 packages of 5ea. individually wrapped blades. They are intended for the wholesaler. Beside the 3500ea. packages of blades, the box also brings 175ea. Personna cartons to pack 100ea. blades in each one. Those are the ones I put together. These are genuine Israeli Personna Titanium Chrome Super Stainless razor blades as specified in wrap and/or blade itself.
TO BUY, PLEASE VISIT LILDEB66143 E-BAY ITEMS OR E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]
PRICES AS FOLLOWS:
100ea. Razor blades for $6.99 + $3.50 shipping
You may buy extra 100ea. lots for same $6.99 + $2.50 shipping

Actually, I just bought some of these blades from her on eBay and am waiting to get them. I suggested she check out the forum and perhaps let people know what she has.

The thread would probably be better placed in The Marketplace area, however.

I got a package of these in the mail today. No time to use one, I'll do that tonight or tomorrow. These blades may be made in the USA, and are NOT labeled Israeli Personna like the blades from dssokhey. These may very well be the same blades we have been buying from dssokhey, but they are not labeled or packaged the same.

Randy

Well, my Personnas came in Tues 9/05 . . . blazing fast shipping.

I will try to describe what I got. There are 20 boxes of 5 individually wrapped blades. The boxes are red/white and say Personna Platinum. The blades themselves say Personna Platinum Chrome. There is nothing about being made in Israel, or anywhere else for that matter on the blade. The wrappers say Distributed by Amerian Safety Razor Co., Verona VA. The UPC code is 24500 13111.

Sooooo, going back and looking at the pics from the eBay listing, the BIG box that apparently all of the 100 packs are in, DEFINITELY says Made in Israel. Her description about the blades is within this thread and on this eBay post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...10025812769&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

When I got home the other night, I took a swipe at the 12hr growth of beard on part of my face with my Gillette Tech. It seemed pretty smooth. I'm not a blade afficianado, BUT, I think they are definitely better than the Personnas at Wal-Mart. I got 100 individually wrapped blades for $10.49, shipping included. I did the Buy it Now on Thurs and got them the following Tues.

If anybody has had experience with these blades or knows any more about them than I do, I would love to hear from you. I simply have not sampled enough blades to give a better review. I'm puzzed though as to why where they are made is not to be found ANYWHERE on what I received.

I've used them the last few days but, I really don't have much to compare to except the US Personnas from Wally World and I like I said, I think these are better than those and the price is seems to be pretty good as well.

I received mine today, and took one for a test drive. I'm not impressed! Maybe it is a bum blade, but having used a good number of Israeli Personna blades, I find this blade to be "rough". I have thoroughly examined the package, and nowhere do I find the words Israel or Israeli listed. View the pics for yourself:
full

The big red package is what I received today. The small white box contains Israeli Personna blades purchased from ebay seller dssokhey. The small red packet in the front is a 5 pack of the blades received today.
full

Interior view of the package received today.
full

The blade on the left is a blade from dssokhey, the red packaged blade was received today.
full

The bare blades. Notice the print on the left, and what is missing from the blade on the right.
full

Finally, the back of a wrapped blade that is supposed to be made in Israel.

In my opinion, these are not what we have come to know as Israeli Personna blades. I would agree that these blades are about on par with the store branded Wal Mart blades. Certainly no better. My thoughts may change with a few uses. This weekend, I will make arrangements to contact American Safety Razor and try to find out the origin of these blades. But if you are looking for the "famous IP blades", I don't believe you'll find them here. Just my thoughts and opinion. YMMV.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
olkev said:
Heard anything yet Randy?

No, no response at all. Not even an automated response. I will say that the first blade I used was sub-par. The second was a big improvement. Unfortunately, I'm testing other blades, so it will be a a bit before I can give another one a go.

Randy

I have been following this thread here and on another forum. My package came in the mail thurs. order was mon. pm. It looks exactly as above photos, seems to be for counter sales at a convenience store. Shaved this am with US in my hd for a pass on one side. Then switched to this blade for rest of shave. Knowing that I am no expert, and with having used US, Merkur, Derby, this is a good blade on my face. Not quite as sharp or thin as a derby, but much nicer than a US, and closer than a Merkur. Is this an IP? I can't say with certainty, as I haven't used the "real" one, but in my estimation this is a nice blade. I am pleased with my purchase and now have around 10 yrs worth of supplies in stead of 9.:biggrin: Hope this helps, YMMV. Cordially, Bradley

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I bought the same package and these are my thoughts.

I do not like the Israli Personnas I bought on Ebay for $20.00 a pack of 200, including shipping. The packaging is really cheesy card stock, which makes getting one blade out a slight pain. The real pain is the extra large dab of glue used to seal the paper wrapper shut. I don't like having to clean the glue off the blade before loading it. I also don't like their short life, but for 10 cents a blade I can change the blade every day and not suffer financial hardship. I just like getting 2-3 shaves from my blades regardless of the price. The IPs I have are really only good for one shave. On the plus side they make good travel blades, since you probably don't want to pack your razor with a blade in it. Even though they are the least expensive blades I have, they cost me about twice as much to use as the Derbys or Walmart Personnas. IPs cost 10 cents per shave, Derbys about 5.33 cents.

Well, I don't have an answer yet as to whether the red packaged blades are indeed true "IP" blades, but I have been given the name of the Sr. Vice President of European operations for American Safety Razor, who is very familiar with the Israel-made blades. I will be contacting him next week.

Sandra Blythe of ASRCO has been very helpful in this matter. As to whether the blades in the pictures I have posted are "the real deal", her comment was interesting, "it is difficult for us to confirm whether or not these are our blades without looking at them under a microscope. The packaging and blade stamping does look like ours, however, we have found many counterfeit blades where the packaging and stamping look very much the same, but are only able to be completely distinguished when we are able to examine the blade microscopically."

I thanked her for her time and provided her with a link to B&B.

So, a few more days and maybe we can learn a bit more.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Well, I don't have an answer yet as to whether the red packaged blades are indeed true "IP" blades, but I have been given the name of the Sr. Vice President of European operations for American Safety Razor, who is very familiar with the Israel-made blades. I will be contacting him next week.

Sandra Blythe of ASRCO has been very helpful in this matter. As to whether the blades in the pictures I have posted are "the real deal", her comment was interesting, "it is difficult for us to confirm whether or not these are our blades without looking at them under a microscope. The packaging and blade stamping does look like ours, however, we have found many counterfeit blades where the packaging and stamping look very much the same, but are only able to be completely distinguished when we are able to examine the blade microscopically."

I thanked her for her time and provided her with a link to B&B.

So, a few more days and maybe we can learn a bit more.

Randy
Any WOOMAN that appreciates the microscopic technicalities of a double edged blade, ah, there's a WOOMAN to seek out lads!:001_wub:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
With The Grain said:
not to be curt but i think the pics and having a rough or dud blade tell all that need to be said, they're not the real deal :frown: but probably still a good buy for the gents who like the US personnas.

These are not even close to the blades I buy at Wal-Mart. For the extra nickel I get a package that dispenses the blades with ease and has a used blade holder that really works. In addition to that I can get more than one shave per blade. I also don't have to clean the glue off the Wally blades.

I'm not too upset about the purchase. I've certainly wasted more on less in the past. As long as I can eek out one good shave per blade I'll use them up. They're just more of a pain to use.

For now I'm sticking with Derbys.

Many people looking for a "Made in Israel" print in the packaging, but I have had many positive comments of ACTUAL USERS. I, have also contacted Sandra Blythe at ASR through my Dad who is a Mechanical Engineer and sent her pictures on my auction. Below, I'm posting her response. By reading some of the comments here at this forum, I see Sandra never made a comment about their Israel blades ALWAYS having the print "Made in Israel" on the blades or packaging. Therefore, if the "stamping on the blade looks like ours" comment by Sandra was indeed sent to the commenter................. make me think that maybe............. not all their blades or packaging are stamped like so............ YOU MAY DO YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS !!!

Following is the correspondance with Sandra Blythe

What is show in the picture below indicated that it is our ASR Israel DE blade.
I would not have been able to tell just from the tuck box, because there are companies that copy our packaging and use their blade, but the label outside the carton is what indicates to me that it seems to be our product.

May I was why you are inquiring? Did you purchase these on Ebay? I have had a number of requests just recently regarding this. Also, why do you refer to them as the "Israeli Personna" I would be curious to know more.

best regards,
Sandra Blythe

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:26 AM
To: Blythe, Sandra
Subject: RE: Israeli Personna double edge safety razor

Sorry for the delay in answering. Attached, find a picture of the Personna double edge Chrome Titanium Safety razor in question. Also, there is a picture of a label attached to the main box exterior. Any info would be gretly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Israeli Personna double edge safety razor
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:32:59 -0400
>Dear Mr. Valdes,
>
>My apologies, but I am not familiar with any product called "Israeli
>Personna"
>If you can send me a picture of the product in question, I can try to
>confirm if it is our product or not.
>
>Sorry I could not be of further assistance.
>
>Best regards,
>Sandra Blythe
>[email protected]
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Sergio Valdez [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:31 PM
>To: asr
>Subject: Israeli Personna double edge safety razor
>
>Are the Personna double edge safety razors produced in your Israel Plant
>the so called "Israeli Personna"?
>Thanks,
>
>Sergio Valdes
>Mechanical Engineer

Sergio,

Here is the response I got from Sandra back in September...

Dear Mr. Taylor,
Thank you for forwarding your previous correspondence. Again, my apologies for the delay.

Regarding the pictures, it is difficult for us to confirm whether or not these are our blades without looking at them under a microscope. The packaging and blade stamping does look like ours, however, we have found many counterfeit blades where the packaging and stamping look very much the same, but are only able to be completely distinguished when we are able to examine the blade microscopically.
I would like to put you in touch with someone from our Corporate office in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey - Mr. Hacohen, who is the Sr. Vice President of our European operations and is very familiar with our Israel-made blades. Mr. Hacohen would enjoy speaking with you, but will unfortunately be out of the office until Tuesday, Sept. 26. I hope you can take the time to contact him, preferable next week.

Mr. Hacohen is out of the country, and is supposed to contact me when he is back home.

Randy

P

Progress

Hello altogether,

first greetings to all of you "brothers in lather". It's my first time here.

Perhaps I can help to clarify the "Israeli Personna" phenomenon a little bit.

There exist three ASRC manufacturing plants worldwide, named (in alphabetically ascending order):

American Safety Razor Company
2820 Media Drive
Forks of the River Industrial Park
Knoxville, TN 37914

Personna International Israel Ltd.
Hayotzer St. Bldg #3, Zipporit Industrial Area
Nazareth-ILLIT 17501

Sonora S. Plan S.A. De C.V. (DPTO ASR)
Blvd. Circunvalacion y Circuito del Paurque S/N
Cd. Obregon
Sonora
Mexico 85000

The before shown and appreciated "Super + Platinum" blades are manufactured in Israel, that's right, but: They are, as far as I know, officially no Personna blades.

To my knowledge they are manufactured at the same plant in Israel but have their own brand and therefore perhaps little differences. Perhaps as far as the for sure intimately connected production process allows or e.g. change only the karbon part of the steel and you have different blades.

Compare the cut and the visible surface, especially the reflection - with both alternatives a flashlight can hurt. The "Super - Platinum" seems to have more brilliance, but the cut is the same, as far as I can recognize. Probably the material, at least the coating, is different.

Both blades are very appreciated here in Germany, too. And in this country we also know the term of "Israeli Personnas". So as with "Swedish Gillettes" and so on...

All plants should produce the same quality - but the forums and real life show differences as the expirience does.

Thereof in this context: "Personna" and "Super + Platinum" are obviously two different brands with different characteristics. Even if they are sequentially manufactured inside the same factory.

Best regards from Germany,

Progress

P.S. Please brief me, if I'm wrong. And correct my English if you need to or you have the feeling you would like to. Win-win for both sides?! Thanks! :)

Many people looking for a "Made in Israel" print in the packaging, but I have had many positive comments of ACTUAL USERS. I, have also contacted Sandra Blythe at ASR through my Dad who is a Mechanical Engineer and sent her pictures on my auction. Below, I'm posting her response. By reading some of the comments here at this forum, I see Sandra never made a comment about their Israel blades ALWAYS having the print "Made in Israel" on the blades or packaging. Therefore, if the "stamping on the blade looks like ours" comment by Sandra was indeed sent to the commenter................. make me think that maybe............. not all their blades or packaging are stamped like so............ YOU MAY DO YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS !!!
lildeb,
I have ordered some blades from you and I will draw my own conclusions from testing them..... but wetshavers like us want to know the history and other interesting facts about the razors, blades, brushes and soaps/creams that we use.

Could you tell us the history of these blades... that might help. Did you buy them in Israel? Do you know that they were made in the Personna International Israel Ltd. plant in Nazareth?

Also, you refer to them in your post above as "Titanium" blades (These are genuine Israeli Personna Titanium Chrome Super Stainless razor blades as specified in wrap and/or blade itself.)but then you also call them "Platinum". Are you talking about two different blades? Thanks.

i recived 2 packs of red personnas with my parker 96r from babershop classics, i love this blade, and i am looking for a source for it,

but these are US made, not israely made,

i recived 2 packs of red personnas with my parker 96r from babershop classics, i love this blade, and i am looking for a source for it,

but these are US made, not israely made,

They're actually not made in the US. The wrapper says American Safety Razor, Verona, VA, but are not made there according to ASR. I don't know if they're counterfeit or not, but ASR doesn't know anything about them, AND they're a very good blade.

Top Bottom