What's new

'Razorock' vs 'Wolfman' - Lupo .95 vs ??? (Blade gap)

Hello gents,

so the last couple of weeks I have been getting some experience with my newly acquired razors from 'Razorock'.

I took the logical progression with the razor heads that I have:

GC .68 --> GC .68 OC --> Lupo .72 --> Lupo .95

I experienced what many others have described I terms of increasing smoothness and efficiency. To my big surprise I was able to use the Lupo .95 comfortably even though I have pretty sensitive skin. I even tried to throw a 'Feather'-blade inside which I haven't used for years which worked great.

Right now my conclusion is that the Lupo .95 is the best razor head I have ever used which I'm of course pretty happy about 🥳

I have been researching a lot about other "high end" 3-piece razors like:

Timeless
Karve
Wolfman
Carbonshavingco
Haircutandshaveco
Blacklandrazors
Above The Tie

I'm by no means in the market to trying razors from all the companies in the hunt for the "best", but I have decided that a razor from 'Wolfman' could maybe be a possibility in the future. I know all about the different configurations and the waiting list so my reason for making this thread is to hopefully hear from people who can make the comparison between mostly the Lupo .95 and different razors from Wolfman.

Of course the razors from Wolfman are more expensive partly because of the processes making the metal look beautiful. Some describe this metal finish as the smoothest on the skin combined with the popular WR2 head. Others don't feel like there is much of a difference compared to eg. Razorock.

What I'm mostly interested in are blade gap comparisons. I know the WR1 is more aggressive than WR2 but are the Lupo .95 and WR2 .95 pretty much the same aggressiveness?

Like described earlier I have pretty much decided what configuration I want besides the blade gap, so hopefully someone can provide some good comparisons.

Thanks!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Lupo's reference template is wr1.
I have both RR lupo95 and Wolfman wr2 1.05 and Timeless ti 68sc, lupo95 has more blade feel and aggressiveness on skin.

Of course, this is only relative, I really like the magical shaving effect that Lupo brings to me. It deserves high praise.
But wr2 does have a better performance, with a larger gap and smaller blad exposure, which makes it efficient while not overstimulating. Just let the razor manipulate freely be like my hand, the only word I can think of is "perfect".(No matter the appearance or the inside)

The appearance of Timeless ti 68sc is very unique, and its softness to the skin is among the best. I am very happy that it can be listed in shave den alongside wolfman.

Last edited:
I prefer Timeless over Wolfman in the looks dept. + my face doesn't like razors with large blade gap, so I opted for the SS .68 with scalloped head.

Thank you for your reply and the razors from 'Timeless' do indeed look nice 👌

Lupo's reference template is wr1.
I have both RR lupo95 and Wolfman wr2 1.05, lupo95 has more blade feel and aggressiveness on skin.

Of course, this is only relative, I really like the magical shaving effect that Lupo brings to me. It deserves high praise.
But wr2 does have a better performance, with a larger gap and smaller blad exposure, which makes it efficient while not overstimulating. Just let the razor manipulate freely be like my hand, the only word I can think of is "perfect".(No matter the appearance or the inside)

I have read before that the design of the 'Lupo' is connected to the WR1 and I mostly interested in the WR2 head so thank you very much for your reply 👍

I would say from my experience the Lupo .95 is just slightly less efficient than a Wolfman WR1 .94. If you want to go to a WR2 I would recommend looking at the 1.45 blade gap to stay at an efficiency close to it.

Thanks for your response. That recommendation really surprises me. After reading multiple 'Wolfman' threads I was under the impression that a blade gap of 1.15 was going to be equally efficient 🧐

I have thought about 1.25 but people seem to think that 1.15 is the "sweet spot". 1.45 sounds crazy 😅

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
yep. I own:

WR1 SB (.80)
WR2 SB (1.25)
Lupo 72
Lupo 95

The Lupo 95 and WR1 .80 gap are very close in feel and aggression

Out of all of the above I get the best/most comfortable shave from the Lupo 72

The Lupo .72 is my absolute favorite razor. I was hoping to find its better in a Wolfman razor...but I may not. My name will be bubbling up to the top of the Wolfman waiting list soon. I purchased a used WR1 head from a B&B member .74 gap. It's a tad too aggressive for me...much more face feel than the Lupo .72. Still usable, but not ideal. I've been told that my sweet spot would be a Wolfman WR2 in 1.15 gap. But honestly...now I'm not sure. Maybe I should simply get another WR1 in the next lower gap, a .67. it might be the safest thing to do at this point.

yep. I own:

WR1 SB (.80)
WR2 SB (1.25)
Lupo 72
Lupo 95

The Lupo 95 and WR1 .80 gap are very close in feel and aggression

Out of all of the above I get the best/most comfortable shave from the Lupo 72

Interesting. I find your honesty quite refreshing. Perhaps I'm bias, in that I own no Wolfman yet, but do own the Lupo 72, 95 and SS Timeless 68.

I also get the best, most comfortable shaves from the lupo 72. I'd actually rather it be the lupo 95, but tend to only reach for the 95 after two or three days growth, even though I'm sure the 72 could handle it with ease. Perhaps I just don't like neglecting the 95 so much but full disclosure: I really love the Lupo 72. It's a very impressive razor and probably my favorite of all those in my current collection.

Interesting. I find your honesty quite refreshing. Perhaps I'm bias, in that I own no Wolfman yet, but do own the Lupo 72, 95 and SS Timeless 68.

I also get the best, most comfortable shaves from the lupo 72. I'd actually rather it be the lupo 95, but tend to only reach for the 95 after two or three days growth, even though I'm sure the 72 could handle it with ease. Perhaps I just don't like neglecting the 95 so much but full disclosure: I really love the Lupo 72. It's a very impressive razor and probably my favorite of all those in my current collection.

I have the lupo 72, 95 and wr2 1.25 and can certainly confirm the 72 can take care of 3-4 days of strong thick growth with no isssue.. def a mild feeling razor but with decent efficiency

I assert that even the Lupo .72 has more blade feel than the WR2 1.25.

this is true, both lupo have more blade feel than the wr2 1.25, but I think that’s the way with the lupo as it was a wr1 knock off which has more blade feel than the wr2

both lupos love Riding the cap whereas the wr2 loves a steep angle

I reckon the 95 is on par with efficiency of the1.25.. but for me the lupos are better in the ATG pass, no so much smoothness but when I go ATG with theWR2 I get weepers every time but not with the lupos

do you go ATG with your WR2? Do you get weepers if u do?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
this is true, both lupo have more blade feel than the wr2 1.25, but I think that’s the way with the lupo as it was a wr1 knock off which has more blade feel than the wr2

both lupos love Riding the cap whereas the wr2 loves a steep angle

I reckon the 95 is on par with efficiency of the1.25.. but for me the lupos are better in the ATG pass, no so much smoothness but when I go ATG with theWR2 I get weepers every time but not with the lupos

do you go ATG with your WR2? Do you get weepers if u do?
I rarely get weepers with the WR2 — I ride it steep on all passes.

Agreed. Lupo95 has a significant amount of blade feel compared to my WR2 razors….1.05, 1.15 (no longer own), and 1.25.
I assert that even the Lupo .72 has more blade feel than the WR2 1.25.
I have the lupo 72, 95 and wr2 1.25 and can certainly confirm the 72 can take care of 3-4 days of strong thick growth with no isssue.. def a mild feeling razor but with decent efficiency

Ok, so the lupo 95 and perhaps even the 72 have more blade feel, but...

is the wr2 1.25 more efficient than those? I get the impression that it's a smoother razor but is it more efficient? I gauge efficiency by how long my face stays smooth before I can feel the stubble. So usually 8-10 hrs with my SS Lupos... would the wr2 1.25 top that or about the same, just smoother.

And yes, I am considering a Wolfman simply because it's my nature to never be satisfied. Also, with age my skin unfortunately has become more sensitive. Perhaps the wr2 1.25 would be more forgiving on the post-shave skin feel?

The Lupo is as different from a Wolfman as is a Tech different from a Feather ASD1. Just completely different razors in some aspects. I find the WR1 .80 SB slightly more efficient and with more blade feel than the Lupo .95 -at least for me. The differences are minor but apparent.

Top Bottom