What's new

Tenn's Hello

Hey all, I'll try to keep it a bit brief as I often can pour too much into one thread/post.

Shaving Experience: ~6-7 months, went from cutting myself 4-5 times per shave with carts to none & amazingly even/smooth
Current Setup: [links to specific photography when possible]
Razor- 6S on a 5, 4 if I'm feeling lazy but I generally get better shaves regardless with 5. (6 somehow is a bit too much)
Brush- Erebus & Terror
Scuttle- Windhorse Pottery (this one came out coincidentally great - I had my first black eye on the same side learning to skateboard over quarantine, and wetshaving is the other hobby I hope to carry forward in my life, knew I had to get that one)

Soap-wise I've been enjoying Eclipse from HSSC x APR, Renegade (Deer Base) from Purely Skinful; recently, (+ likely my favorites of the bunch) I've been adoring the lathers & scents of Notorious [Polo Double Black Scent]& Motherfcuker [Creed Millesime Imperial scent] FirstCanadianShave. Also using matching aftershaves for all, lotion version for purely skinful (I like it, not sure I have a preference for one or the other).

Here's my shabby looking first try at a "get all the goods in frame" shot with some of the above for your criticism, and I know that the lather had dried way out by the time I was ready to take the photo hehe
proxy.php

Reason for Joining: I got to the point where I was lurking posts / threads enough that I was resorting to google to find commenter's other follow-up posts (since you can't view profiles without joining heh). Also wouldn't mind a deal on a nice razor, but who wouldn't. I would also like to help out with some reviews/ comparisons / specifics when possible.

RAD stuff I'm currently obsessing over (getting all possible info regarding comparisons), obvious stuff first then obscure;
- WR2 1.05, or 1.15 [if the 1.15 pulls efficiency notably higher than the #5 plate on 6S I'd opt for the 1.05 since I need to keep clean shaven daily for work (and I love smelling great all day)]
- HS N075 (& differences between mixed metal v 316)
- Lupo 95 - people say there's a difference in shave quality between RR & the upper premium, I'd be interested to know to what degree]
- Seygus Zeppelin v2- I think 07/07 based on my preferences, not sure - opinions range from "perfection" [errol on paste&cut] to "just another razor" [anonymous to avoid throwing under the bus]
- Apollo Helix Light (Mild) - everyone's opinions seem great on this, but I have to wonder if it's a "good for the money/good enough", or "absolute top of class" [edit: I think there were also 34 made in the first batch, so possible halo effect]
You will probably catch me in other threads asking about more specific questions when someone might have experience (given it's on topic), I'm definitely the type to over-research.

Have a great week! Thanks in advance for having me, and for your time taken to respond!

Hey all, I'll try to keep it a bit brief as I often can pour too much into one thread/post.

Shaving Experience: ~6-7 months, went from cutting myself 4-5 times per shave with carts to none & amazingly even/smooth
Current Setup: [links to specific photography when possible]
Razor- 6S on a 5, 4 if I'm feeling lazy but I generally get better shaves regardless with 5. (6 somehow is a bit too much)
Brush- Erebus & Terror
Scuttle- Windhorse Pottery (this one came out coincidentally great - I had my first black eye on the same side learning to skateboard over quarantine, and wetshaving is the other hobby I hope to carry forward in my life, knew I had to get that one)

Soap-wise I've been enjoying Eclipse from HSSC x APR, Renegade (Deer Base) from Purely Skinful; recently, (+ likely my favorites of the bunch) I've been adoring the lathers & scents of Notorious [Polo Double Black Scent]& Motherfcuker [Creed Millesime Imperial scent] FirstCanadianShave. Also using matching aftershaves for all, lotion version for purely skinful (I like it, not sure I have a preference for one or the other).

Here's my shabby looking first try at a "get all the goods in frame" shot with some of the above for your criticism, and I know that the lather had dried way out by the time I was ready to take the photo hehe
proxy.php

Reason for Joining: I got to the point where I was lurking posts / threads enough that I was resorting to google to find commenter's other follow-up posts (since you can't view profiles without joining heh). Also wouldn't mind a deal on a nice razor, but who wouldn't. I would also like to help out with some reviews/ comparisons / specifics when possible.

RAD stuff I'm currently obsessing over (getting all possible info regarding comparisons), obvious stuff first then obscure;
- WR2 1.05, or 1.15 [if the 1.15 pulls efficiency notably higher than the #5 plate on 6S I'd opt for the 1.05 since I need to keep clean shaven daily for work (and I love smelling great all day)]
- HS N075 (& differences between mixed metal v 316)
- Lupo 95 - people say there's a difference in shave quality between RR & the upper premium, I'd be interested to know to what degree]
- Seygus Zeppelin v2- I think 07/07 based on my preferences, not sure - opinions range from "perfection" [errol on paste&cut] to "just another razor" [anonymous to avoid throwing under the bus]
- Apollo Helix Light (Mild) - everyone's opinions seem great on this, but I have to wonder if it's a "good for the money/good enough", or "absolute top of class" [edit: I think there were also 34 made in the first batch, so possible halo effect]
You will probably catch me in other threads asking about more specific questions when someone might have experience (given it's on topic), I'm definitely the type to over-research.

Have a great week! Thanks in advance for having me, and for your time taken to respond!
Welcome to B&B. I hope you learn here during time with us and it enhances you wet shaving experience. Any questions….. please don’t hesitate to ask. Just be mindful of the rabbit hole you’re getting close to falling into!

Welcome, Tennstrong! As a fellow posts-too-long person I appreciate the detail you bring. Lots of guys here happy to share their experience and opinions with you.

Welcome to B&B.. I also lurked for a while and decided I wanted to no more and join in with the bits I could contribute along the way.
You are definitely on the right spot for asking questions on all manor of shaving gear.
Just beware of the rabbit holes at times.... They can sneak up on you.
tenor.gif

Top Bottom