What's new

Zingari Man vs A&E soaps

Recently discussed was the hydration level each soap works best with. I have both and have hated myself for preferring Zingari Man. I tend to make my lather just short of dripping. Apparently with Kaizen, I need to cut back on the water. I haven't tested that yet. They are more similar than different in all other aspects and frankly, you could just buy whatever scent sounds good to you! They are both top 10 soaps if you prioritize post shave feel.

Recently discussed was the hydration level each soap works best with. I have both and have hated myself for preferring Zingari Man. I tend to make my lather just short of dripping. Apparently with Kaizen, I need to cut back on the water. I haven't tested that yet. They are more similar than different in all other aspects and frankly, you could just buy whatever scent sounds good to you! They are both top 10 soaps if you prioritize post shave feel.
Thanks I found that thread on those two soaps

Thanks for reminding me to test my Kaizen hydration! It works, but I am still contemplating the results. One of the reasons that I super hydrate my lather is because I am prone to having dry lather on part of my face when I reach the last area. Several soaps require me to only apply one area at a time, shave and move to another area. I don't really like that, but Kaizen really has me conflicted.

Thanks for reminding me to test my Kaizen hydration! It works, but I am still contemplating the results. One of the reasons that I super hydrate my lather is because I am prone to having dry lather on part of my face when I reach the last area. Several soaps require me to only apply one area at a time, shave and move to another area. I don't really like that, but Kaizen really has me conflicted.
would you let me know how it works out for you? Thanks

would you let me know how it works out for you?
I did try it out once so far, that's how I wound up with pasty lather. I added just a little bit more water for the third pass and it seems to have helped without reducing performance. I will need several more shaves to determine whether I can reliably reproduce an ideal lather. Is there something specific that you would like feedback on? There are people on here with much more experience with Kaizen so I hope they can add to the discussion.

I did try it out once so far, that's how I wound up with pasty lather. I added just a little bit more water for the third pass and it seems to have helped without reducing performance. I will need several more shaves to determine whether I can reliably reproduce an ideal lather. Is there something specific that you would like feedback on? There are people on here with much more experience with Kaizen so I hope they can add to the discussion.
Just thought I would see how it works for you, I am thinking about getting a sample, I know one thing zingari man sure creates a good slick lather that is one soap I will stay with just heard alot about A&e soaps. Thanks again

I see, I was in the same boat as you until recently. I would say that it is definitely worth a try and will be repurchased when empty. I have a full tub of one of the Pin up series and am planning to get a full tub of another scent very soon. I also have some The Club samples with Kaizen 2 that I am planning to test before buying my next full tub to decide if I should wait for them to switch over.

I only have one scent from Zingari Man that I love, but there is really only one other that I have a sample I am meaning to try. I will probably use that as a fall/winter scent if I buy a tub.

There is an interesting post about Ariana & Evans at r/wetshaving on Reddit called: Four Grievances: Ariana and Evans (A&E)
Thank you for posting the Reddit thread. I'm in the middle of reading that thread, even as I type this, and it's already given me a bit to think about. I'm not going to bash on A&E on their total lack of customer service, but I will say I have experienced it first hand and the experience was bad enough to put me off buying their soap on sheer principle.

More on topic, I'm currently working through some samples, two of which are A&E's "Asian Plum" and Zingari Man's "Watchman". The jury is still out between the two but I will say that both have proven to be very, very good performers. The Reigning Champion soap in my bathroom, right now, is Stirling's "Orange Chill", and I'm looking for something that can knock it off it's lofty performance perch. I don't really buy soap based on scent; as long as I don't find the aroma offensive, I'm good to go; I'm looking for something that can match, or beat, Orange Chill on performance-level alone. Never been so thankful for samples from Maggard's.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thank you for posting the Reddit thread. I'm in the middle of reading that thread, even as I type this, and it's already given me a bit to think about. I'm not going to bash on A&E on their total lack of customer service, but I will say I have experienced it first hand and the experience was bad enough to put me off buying their soap on sheer principle.

More on topic, I'm currently working through some samples, two of which are A&E's "Asian Plum" and Zingari Man's "Watchman". The jury is still out between the two but I will say that both have proven to be very, very good performers. The Reigning Champion soap in my bathroom, right now, is Stirling's "Orange Chill", and I'm looking for something that can knock it off it's lofty performance perch. I don't really buy soap based on scent; as long as I don't find the aroma offensive, I'm good to go; I'm looking for something that can match, or beat, Orange Chill on performance-level alone. Never been so thankful for samples from Maggard's.
You must try Stirling Varen. It’s the mutton base in a fougere scent and it is simply spectacular. Performance-wise it has become my #1 soap base. Seriously, run don’t walk to the checkout line.

You must try Stirling Varen. It’s the mutton base in a fougere scent and it is simply spectacular. Performance-wise it has become my #1 soap base. Seriously, run don’t walk to the checkout line.
Well now you've done it! I've been tempted to try Varen many, many times. It's on my Stirling wishlist, actually, but I've never gotten around to actually buying any. I just put in an order for some samples... Varen included. You're on the hook now! :biggrin1:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Does Stirling have the mutton base in other scents?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yes — and if you get on the Stirling site and type ‘mutton’ in the search bar, you’ll see them all on one page. I’ve got Pine and Electric Sheep heading my way.

Thanks...I have a number of Stirling soaps, but none of them in the mutton base.

I notice they have a matching balm, but no splash. I’m tempted to get a matching set. How would you describe the scent, Dan? I’m a big fougere fan.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I notice they have a matching balm, but no splash. I’m tempted to get a matching set. How would you describe the scent, Dan? I’m a big fougere fan.
They do have Varen in a splash, Trey. Look under ‘Splashes’ to see all the choices. I would describe Varen as an earthy, damp vibe with a kick of sweet ferns. Magnificent scent; other-worldly lather and post-shave quality. It’s all I seem to want to use lately it’s just so darn good. My Kodiak soaps are getting lonely. My A&E soaps are headed to the shower. My Soft Heart soaps are going to get jealous.

They do have Varen in a splash, Trey. Look under ‘Splashes’ to see all the choices. I would describe Varen as an earthy, damp vibe with a kick of sweet ferns. Magnificent scent; other-worldly lather and post-shave quality. It’s all I seem to want to use lately it’s just so darn good. My Kodiak soaps are getting lonely. My A&E soaps are headed to the shower. My Soft Heart soaps are going to get jealous.

Thanks, I’ll give it a spin.

Top Bottom