What's new

ALL AVENTUS AUGUST (starts August, 1st)

I do like the Aventus scent and have a number of soaps that are based on the original. However, there are too many wonderful scents to limit myself for an entire month.
You still can chime in every now and then... Are you in with this option?

But you'd still sleep in the house... :biggrin:
Just start with Stirling's EM and see where SAD will take you... 😉
It's because of people like you on my pipe and cigar forums that I have enough tobacco to last two lifetimes, I'm coming up on that with soap and blades as well... I've got to stop finding interests... 😂🤣

Recent update

□ Aventus August, all in!
JAHE
bjm

□ Aventus August - I'm in for a week or two
Benoni
Whilliam
woodwzrd

□ Aventus? Okay, I'm in every now and then
hairless wonder
Grundi
02FLHTCI
haggis
GlazedBoker
Jmp63
GR5233
Rhody
Smooth and Sharp
Jdp93
Mike M
thirdguess

□ N'Aventus for me - I hate pineapples.

Nice to have all of you in! :thumbsup:

JAHE
bjm

Benoni
Whilliam
woodwzrd

hairless wonder
Grundi
02FLHTCI
haggis
GlazedBoker
Jmp63
GR5233
Rhody
Smooth and Sharp
Jdp93
Mike M
thirdguess
Ted A
B_R_A_D

I previously listed the soaps I have available which are inspired by Aventus, but I forgot one...

View attachment 1302556

As is often the case with me, I found it while looking for something else entirely :cool:

The soap and balm have never been used and I'm still trying to convince myself now would be a good time to try it out. I may just stick with the Fine Platinum for the month and follow it up with The Freedberg balm. We'll see... #FirstWorldProblems
I'd say it's the perfect time to try the soap (for example: odd days: Freedberg, even days: Platinum)...:thumbup1:
The soap won't get better unused.

I'd say it's the perfect time to try the soap (for example: odd days: Freedberg, even days: Platinum)...:thumbup1:
The soap won't get better unused.
Agreed, but I'm really trying to finish about twenty soaps that are partially used. If I can ever get to a point of deciding to PIF or sell some of my soaps and creams, I feel it may be easier to move them if they are unused. I've managed to spend a month or more with one soap in the past, so I'm really not expecting a month with Fine Platinum to be a hardship :cool:

IMG_20210730_172406__01.jpg

Got my executive man! (And a few others today...) Literally just in time!

I'm doing Arko August so that takes care of the soap part, but as a gesture of support, I'll be using Aventus-themed aftershave and/or fragrance (Fine Platinum, Montblanc Explorer, Armaf CDNIM and the real deal) after every shave for the whole month.
Nice! I added a new section to cover your support as well...!

JAHE
bjm

Benoni
Whilliam
woodwzrd

hairless wonder
Grundi
02FLHTCI
haggis
GlazedBoker
Jmp63
GR5233
Rhody
Smooth and Sharp
Jdp93
Mike M
thirdguess
B_R_A_D

□ Aventus? I'm in with the AS and/or fragrances
Ted A
Jubejubilee

Nice! I added a new section to cover your support as well...!

JAHE
bjm

Benoni
Whilliam
woodwzrd

hairless wonder
Grundi
02FLHTCI
haggis
GlazedBoker
Jmp63
GR5233
Rhody
Smooth and Sharp
Jdp93
Mike M
thirdguess
B_R_A_D

□ Aventus? I'm in with the AS and/or fragrances
Ted A
Jubejubilee

Prepping Captain's Choice Venture for Tomorrow's shave!!

Update...

JAHE
bjm

Benoni
Whilliam
woodwzrd

hairless wonder
Grundi
02FLHTCI
haggis
GlazedBoker
Jmp63
GR5233
Rhody
Smooth and Sharp
Jdp93
Mike M
thirdguess
B_R_A_D
JcinPA

□ Aventus? I'm in with an AS and/or fragrances
Ted A
Jubejubilee

Last edited:
So get this thing started...

ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 2021 now is open!

20210801_094222-01.jpeg

This will be my setup for AAA, day 1...
Will report later today... can't wait... :straight:

Wishing you all a great start and a delightful month of August! It's great to have all of you here...

Fure sure, AAA remains open for everyone during the whole month...! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was a good one to start off the Triple A event with. I have a few of the Aventus style soap scents in combination with the after shave splashes to accompany them. My favorite for its scent profile & performance is from Ethos Grooming. It’s a very close interpretation to the infamous fragrance elixir with a bit more citrus on the top (pineapple & bergamot) combined with a soft woods and musk trailing Behind. A great combination once one begins to start building the lather. Performance is as good if not better than the best offerings out there in the artisan shave soap community. Finished it off with nothing other than The King itself, Aventus…

Ethos Succes soap & splash, Zenith 27mm Badger, Karve Copper, Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow, Aventus edp.

7DB8D5E0-ED7B-418C-822C-262A810AD2B3.jpeg

20210801_094602-01.jpeg

SOTD 193/2021
01-08-2021

>> All Aventus August <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Fine ~ Platinum
Razor: Mühle Rocca R89
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (10)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Fine Platinum AS and psb.

AAA - shave no. 1

Finally, it's All Aventus August! I saved an unused hard puck (aka the vintage 😉 version) of Fine Platinum for its start. The SOC boar whipped up a creamy dense lather without efforts. The scent on Fine's interpretation of the Aventus scent is a bit more on the oakmossy spicy side of the spectrum - as is Montblanc Explorer EdP, so I opted to combine them. A great start...

The vintage Polsilver cut down my 36 hours worth of growth like nobody's business - that is impressive, it was shave no. 10: three passes today, wow, ever so smooth - what a nice pairing with the efficient Mühle Rocca. BBS.

I'd like to quote @bazza1 :
My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Have a nice Sunday, y'all!

Having no frame of reference for aventus, or any of the tributes out there, I pretty much bought my gear on a whim to participate, trusting you guys that it probably smells pretty good lol! I have a false handful of soaps and aftershaves, but nothing in the straight up cologne realm. I like it!

Stirling executive man soap and aftershave, merker 37c with a nacet, atomic rocket brush.
IMG_20210801_060048__01.jpg

Having no frame of reference for aventus, or any of the tributes out there, I pretty much bought my gear on a whim to participate, trusting you guys that it probably smells pretty good lol! I have a false handful of soaps and aftershaves, but nothing in the straight up cologne realm. I like it!

Stirling executive man soap and aftershave, merker 37c with a nacet, atomic rocket brush.
View attachment 1305042
Glad you liked it!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom