What's new

Free scuttle - a loaner for feedback

Read the comments and you should easily comprehend.

I've actually read the thread and gleaned it's purpose. This is a thread located inside the Captian's Choice vendor subforum. Recommending products by another manufacturer in a thread created by the Captain, about the Captain loaning out a prototype product, is irrelevant at best and quite rude at worst. Or am I missing something?

My comment is aimed at those who've said they've not tried a scuttle.
I guess you're taking issue that I mentioned the brand I bought.
It's not meant to be a promotion of that brand, but rather saying if you're not using a scuttle you're missing out.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

That is the way I took it, no problem in the least. It was aimed at the larger topic of scuttles in general and how fulfilling it is to use one, one like Dirty Bird for instance. That is how it sounded to me.

To make it worse... I have a Dirty Bird scuttle that I use. :biggrin1:

Fair enough. I read it as plugging a competitor's product in his thread, which obviously would have been rude if that had been how it was intended. But since it wasn't intended as such, nevermind! If the Capn' doesn't mind, then I won't either.

That is the way I took it, no problem in the least. It was aimed at the larger topic of scuttles in general and how fulfilling it is to use one, one like Dirty Bird for instance. That is how it sounded to me.

To make it worse... I have a Dirty Bird scuttle that I use. :biggrin1:
LOFL! I'm picturing that guy in DaVinci Code whipping himself lol.
Since you're familiar with DB I'll ask...
There are 2 sizes over there i believe, mine was a gift from my wife and is the larger one. Is this proto closer to the large one or small one...or in between?
I ask because I had been using an antique scuttle and often complained it was too darn small. With a larger brush like my Duke 3 the brush was as wide as the scuttle! It makes it hard to whip up a lather without a mess.
16270730717628092242253342556852.jpg

Again, if you're not using one you're really missing out. Hot lather is amazing, and when you pick up the brush for the second pass...OH MY!

Since you're familiar with DB I'll ask...
There are 2 sizes over there i believe, mine was a gift from my wife and is the larger one. Is this proto closer to the large one or small one...or in between?
I have the smaller DB scuttle and this prototype is... I'd say very much like the smaller DB and yet somehow more compact. Maybe it is the smaller snout and smaller handle of the prototype that makes it seem more compact.

That antique one is a real beauty there.

The scuttle prototype shipped out today to @Adjustingtolife and the hope is that in a week he will have it. In order to keep it in one piece, it is packed one box inside another box to avoid breakage.

Each of you feel free to use it as long as you like, within reason. Don't feel rushed and give it a good workout. Then report back here in this thread what you think of it.
Sweet! I'll update once I receive then again after using it a few times and getting a good idea of what I think

Fayiz D.

Final thoughts after using it this week:
-It is a beautiful piece. Very elegant looking.
-The scuttle feels SOLID in the hand and on the counter.
-It retains warm water very well. I can do 6 passes (head and face) and still have warm lather.
-There's a large reservoir for the water.
-The handle is very ergonomic for my hands and the actual scuttle has lines going horizontally so you can hold it without the handle.
- The spot you actually lather in is big enough for me to lather with a 26mm knot, which is my go to size. It also is deep enough to hold the lather instead of spilling over but not so deep that short handle brushes would have an issue.

Overall I'm impressed with this scuttle and think most people will enjoy it.

It is now off to the next stop :)

Fayiz D.

Each is made by hand and so will vary a bit but ought to be about two pounds.

It is solid and stable on the counter as you use it which ensures no wobbling.
Have you given any thought to putting a black rubber wafer on the bottom? That is the one thing I hate about my current scuttle, it rocks as i lather and makes an annoying clanking sound.

Top Bottom