What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wednesday my shave was good.

7-28-21.WolfmanWR2.1.15.Cop-Man.Vitos.640JPG.JPG

Before shaving I spent a few minutes polishing with Flitz and a cloth my copper handled Manchurian. No particular reason. I like it with a heavy patina and I like it shinny. This is not brand new shinny, but it's what I was trying to achieve today.

Used the Cube 2.0. Used a new blade. Used no post shave products.

I may be feeling a tad better than yesterday. Then again, maybe the ibuprofen is talking. At any rate, I'm certainly not worse and I slept well last night. Hopefully, I'm on the mend. I appreciate all the well wishes, gentlemen.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday's shave was very good indeed.

7-29-21.Wolfman.1.15.Vitoa.E-R-Manchurian.640.JPG

Evaluating the closeness of my shave now, about two hours after the shave, its closeness is apparent. I wouldn't say I'm achieving a BBS with my Wolfman 1.15, but, overall, the shaves with the WR2 are continuing to improve in the degree to which more and more areas are quite smooth.

That's not even the impressive part!

Comfort is.

It would be incorrect to say I'm not doing a good bit of work with the Wolfman. Frankly I do a lot of work with all razors (other than a few which are extremely efficient and extremely rough). The issue is a simple one. Does the Wolfman WR2 1.15 razor allow me to do enough work to get a close and smooth shave without causing me discomfort?

Yes.

The Wolfman WR2 1.15 is a very effective razor for me. It requires an exceedingly steep angle, but is otherwise very comfortable to use, and it leaves me with very comfortable post shave skin. At the same time, it is efficient enough to get the job done long before I have irritation. Yes, I'm having to buff my soul patch. Yes, I've had some trouble learning how to get right up under my nostrils with the WR2.

There's a learning curve, but it's worth the effort to climb it.

I'm still pretty new to the Wolfman, but it is clearly a marvelous razor!
  • Amazingly smooth and comfortable on my skin
  • Efficient enough to get the job done
  • Comfortable enough to allow all the work I need
  • Very effective overall
  • Nicely balanced in its qualities
I'm very glad to have the Wolfman WR2 1.15.

I used no post shave products today (so far). Used the Cube in the shower and as a preshave. Used my flipped Wizamet SI.

Thought I'd go to work. Got up early. Showered. Shaved. Decided I don't have the energy to work yet nor the energy to focus on my job. Not smart to work if I can't do it right, so I'm still at home. I do feel much better though and am clearly recovering.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday's shave was very good indeed.

View attachment 1303713

Evaluating the closeness of my shave now, about two hours after the shave, its closeness is apparent. I wouldn't say I'm achieving a BBS with my Wolfman 1.15, but, overall, the shaves with the WR2 are continuing to improve in the degree to which more and more areas are quite smooth.

That's not even the impressive part!

Comfort is.

It would be incorrect to say I'm not doing a good bit of work with the Wolfman. Frankly I do a lot of work with all razors (other than a few which are extremely efficient and extremely rough). The issue is a simple one. Does the Wolfman WR2 1.15 razor allow me to do enough work to get a close and smooth shave without causing me discomfort?

Yes.

The Wolfman WR2 1.15 is a very effective razor for me. It requires an exceedingly steep angle, but is otherwise very comfortable to use, and it leaves me with very comfortable post shave skin. At the same time, it is efficient enough to get the job done long before I have irritation. Yes, I'm having to buff my soul patch. Yes, I've had some trouble learning how to get right up under my nostrils with the WR2.

There's a learning curve, but it's worth the effort to climb it.

I'm still pretty new to the Wolfman, but it is clearly a marvelous razor!
  • Amazingly smooth and comfortable on my skin
  • Efficient enough to get the job done
  • Comfortable enough to allow all the work I need
  • Very effective overall
  • Nicely balanced in its qualities
I'm very glad to have the Wolfman WR2 1.15.

I used no post shave products today (so far). Used the Cube in the shower and as a preshave. Used my flipped Wizamet SI.

Thought I'd go to work. Got up early. Showered. Shaved. Decided I don't have the energy to work yet nor the energy to focus on my job. Not smart to work if I can't do it right, so I'm still at home. I do feel much better though and am clearly recovering.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

I feel the same about the WR2 1.25 SB. It's in that group of truly excellent Big Dog DEs. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi. How would you compare the efficiency of WR2 1.25 to ATT Windsor R & H? Thanks

I have the ATT Mixed Metal CH1 and CR1, ATT Classic H1 and Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB.

In my opinion, the ATT CH1 and Classic H1 and Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB are comparable in efficiency, slight edge to the Wolfman in smoothness and effectiveness. Both the ATT CH1 and the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB are in my Big Dogs Rotation.

These are all really good razors. You won't go wrong with any of them. If you have the cash, the Wolfman is nice. If you are on a budget, the ATT will work just fine.

YMMV :cool:

Wednesday my shave was good.

View attachment 1303339

Before shaving I spent a few minutes polishing with Flitz and a cloth my copper handled Manchurian. No particular reason. I like it with a heavy patina and I like it shinny. This is not brand new shinny, but it's what I was trying to achieve today.

Used the Cube 2.0. Used a new blade. Used no post shave products.

I may be feeling a tad better than yesterday. Then again, maybe the ibuprofen is talking. At any rate, I'm certainly not worse and I slept well last night. Hopefully, I'm on the mend. I appreciate all the well wishes, gentlemen.

Happy shaves,

Jim
hope you feel better

I have the ATT Mixed Metal CH1 and CR1, ATT Classic H1 and Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB.

In my opinion, the ATT CH1 and Classic H1 and Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB are comparable in efficiency, slight edge to the Wolfman in smoothness and effectiveness. Both the ATT CH1 and the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB are in my Big Dogs Rotation.

These are all really good razors. You won't go wrong with any of them. If you have the cash, the Wolfman is nice. If you are on a budget, the ATT will work just fine.

YMMV :cool:
Thanks for the info. I also have the mixed metal CM1, CR1 & CH1, Windsor Pro SS & Aluminum. The CM1 was very mild for me but is good when paired with the Windsor Pro Aluminum, it was more efficient! I shave daily, and use the CH1 on Sundays + one other day a week. I use the CR1, Feather asd2, Rocca , Ikon, Futur on other days (find myself using ATT more than others). I know that what I have is more than enough razors (not to mention shaving brushes). I kind of want to buy one more razor and just stop buying more :) . So thinking of Wolfman WR2 but not sure about the gap yet.

Top Bottom