What's new

Musgo Real Classic - Formula Did Change

I exchanged emails with Claus Porto a couple of days ago. Claus Porto confirmed that the formula for Musgo Real Classic was changed.

I like the old formula much better than the new. If any of you have any old formula Musgo that you don't like and which is gathering dust, please let me know. I would like to have it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fortunately I’m still working on my bar they last a long time. If it’s just the scent strength I’d still get more.

More information required. Is the change only olfactory? Or is the performance altered? Also isn't Musgo a soap?

More information required. Is the change only olfactory? Or is the performance altered? Also isn't Musgo a soap?

There is “Musgo” ($$) the shaving soap and “Musgo Real” ($$$$) the shaving soap and shaving cream.

The former is also available as bath soap and (solid) shampoo soap, while the latter has a full range of soaps, perfumes, after shaves, etc…

A lot of people used to refer to “Musgo Real” ($$$$) just as “Musgo”, but as Musgo ($$) becomes better known, this can be misleading.

B.

There is “Musgo” ($$) the shaving soap and “Musgo Real” ($$$$) the shaving soap and shaving cream.

The former is also available as bath soap and (solid) shampoo soap, while the latter has a full range of soaps, perfumes, after shaves, etc…

A lot of people used to refer to “Musgo Real” ($$$$) just as “Musgo”, but as Musgo ($$) becomes better known, this can be misleading.

B.
Thank you for the information, sir

@Marco Hey, Marco... I saw a comment of yours stating some of your favorite soaps or something. Ach Brito something... Did you mean one of the soaps mentioned in Brutus's comment above? You and I always seem to praise the same soaps so I want to get some but I don't remember which Ach Brito product it was.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you for the information, sir

@Marco Hey, Marco... I saw a comment of yours stating some of your favorite soaps or something. Ach Brito something... Did you mean one of the soaps mentioned in Brutus's comment above? You and I always seem to praise the same soaps so I want to get some but I don't remember which Ach Brito product it was.

All Ach. Brito soaps are among my favourite!

So, you can consider:

Ach. Brito Mogno
Ach. Brito Musgo
Claus Porto (by Ach. Brito) Musgo Real

Did Claus Porto ever improve the latherability of the shave soap?

I remember when it had the WORST possible reputation and I never bought it because of that.

Did Claus Porto ever improve the latherability of the shave soap?

I remember when it had the WORST possible reputation and I never bought it because of that.

I had heard the same story of poor latherability a few years back and I also kept away from this soap for this reason, but when I finally bought one three or four years ago I found that there was nothing wrong with it - except price maybe.

I just lathers fine and works actually quite well for me.

B.

Musgo Real is expensive brand, product has only 6 months when opened - best to use it exclusively.

I beg to differ on the last two points.

While I do agree on the first point, I can state that once opened a tube of Musgo Real shaving cream can be used for 2½ years, or longer, and there is thus thankfully no reason to use it exclusively at the expense of all the other wonderful shaving soaps and creams that I love.

We moved last year from Dubai (43°C / 110°F) to Portugal and together with our household items I had several previously opened Musgo Real tubes stored in a warehouse for months on end while we were awaiting the lifting of COVID restrictions, and now - one year later - the shaving creams are still fine and show no sign of deterioration.

B.

Last edited:
I only recently tried it. I’m quite impressed with the Oak Moss. Really good performance and post shave. Scent is great too.

E5A737C3-08AC-42C3-9ADD-0C340CEEBC51.jpeg

Happy to have come upon this thread. Just today I've been searching for the old Musgo Real or Musgo in the white tube. Sad to hear it's changed.

Top Bottom