What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

Majority of One

... note: I am unclear if you intend a movie where the "undercover" aspect is part of the story in the film or not.
Yes, undercover is a plot point. This is the right time period in Hollywood, however. I was unaware of this movie. Always open to anything with Guiness and/or Russell.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This is the right time period in Hollywood, however. I was unaware of this movie.
I suspect that any movie from the past where a Caucasian actor gets some makeup to look like a different ethnicity is at a minimum going to get "the silent treatment" nowadays. Sad.

Let's take a side-step from hidden identity to mistaken identity.

The untimely death of a fly leads to the government apprehending the wrong man and the upending of a bureaucrat's life.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The untimely death of a fly leads to the government apprehending the wrong man and the upending of a bureaucrat's life.

Brazil

1627164569282.png

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nephew of murdered landowner comes to town in hopes of finding the killer ... and goes to work for a nearby rancher.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Oooh ... crickets.

I hope you guys aren't reading the other threads in the Clownhouse. You might get more tips there ...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... it's a relatively early entry from one of the absolute icons of the genre.

Okay since this is a bit more obscure it won't be as cryptic, but I just finished this and was blown away.
Unstable policeman, retired from the force, is called back into action. The only drawback is he sees people who aren't there.

Top Bottom