What's new

Newbie looking for advise

For myself, alum give me irritation. Try stop using it and just rince your face with cold water and use after shave balm. Trying to reach BBS when you dont have a good technique surely cause irritation. Shave daily but with only one pass until you become confident.

For myself, alum give me irritation. Try stop using it and just rince your face with cold water and use after shave balm. Trying to reach BBS when you dont have a good technique surely cause irritation. Shave daily but with only one pass until you become confident.
I will try it and see how it goes. Thank you

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Welcome to B&B, Technique is #1 and it will give you comfort as you go along. As for ingrown hairs I do not a get a lot of those but have had a few. All I can suggest for those rascals is get a Omega boar brush or a old worn out tooth brush(nothing fancy) that is already broke in and before going to bed dry brush your areas that you suspect and in the morning before shave starts do some more dry brushing. I got the idea from Mantic59 who knows a lot about traditional wet shaving. What it does is let the hair escape or break through the skin instead of turning around and go in the wrong direction or just lifts the hair out of flesh and can be cut with the razor with your regular shave.

If you would like an alternative to alum a lot of us use witch hazel either as a splash or using a spray bottle /mister to apply for skin toning instead.

Top Bottom