What's new

FS A Couple of Simpson Brushes; Duke 3 & Classic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow B&B'rs!

What in the Wide World of Sports is Going on Around Here?!

I have been traveling for the better part of the past 6 weeks and have come to realize that the Simpson Best Badger is a terrific brush, but not one that I will keep in my den moving forward. This means a couple of legendary brushes are available today.

First up for your consideration is the Chubby 1.5 or officially known as the Classic 2 Best Badger. This brush is/was my travel brush and as you can see by the image attached, fits beautifully into a small pill bottle. I will include the pill bottle in the sale. I don't think this brush has ever shed a hair and has been used less than 20 times. They retail in the $110 range, I am offering today for $90 delivered CONUS. Original box also included.

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

Next up is a truly special brush, the Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger in Butterscotch. I bought this Duke used and I don't think it has lost a hair since I purchased. It is, along with the Classic 2 above, a beautifully dense Best Badger and will make someone a very happy Duke owner. Comes with original green box. I am offering this one up for $100 delivered CONUS. Not sure what they retail for, but I would suspect in the $150 range as the Duke 3 Butterscotch rarely comes up for sale on the Simpson site.

IMG_8163.jpg
IMG_8164.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you all are doing great.

Summertime and the living's easy.

It's Hedley

Thats Hedley.jpg

Last edited:
So is that a 13 dram or a 16 dram vial in the photo ;)

I'm thinking it looks like a 16....
That is a terrific question! I have no idea, but it is approximately 4"h x 1.5" in diameter. I punched a few holes in the top and bottom and it works great. I need to find a Simpson Manchurian or Shavemac D01-2 band travel brush and I will be in travel shaving brush heaven.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
That is a terrific question! I have no idea, but it is approximately 4"h x 1.5" in diameter. I punched a few holes in the top and bottom and it works great. I need to find a Simpson Manchurian or Shavemac D01-2 band travel brush and I will be in travel shaving brush heaven.

All you have to do is turn it over and look at the bottom :biggrin: there should be either a 13 or 16 embossed on it :wink:

But 4" by 1.5" makes me think it's a 20 dram.......

Beautiful brushes BTW, the butterscotch Duke is especially :a47:

Last edited:
All you have to do is turn it over and look at the bottom :biggrin: there should be either a 13 or 16 embossed on it :wink:

But 4" by 1.5" makes me think it's a 20 dram.......

Beautiful brushes BTW, the butterscotch Duke is especially :a47:

I see a 14E and PM-20. Don't hold me to that, even with glasses, my vision is not so good! :eek2:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That Duke looks vaguely familiar to one I sold earlier in the year on the BST ...

I would like to only make one stop at the USPS before I head out on the road again, so the Classic 2 (aka Chubby 1.5) is now $85 CONUS!

Happy Saturday everyone!

One last price drop on the CL2 Best Badger... now $80 CONUS! If you have not tried a Simpson Classic, you should. They call this the Chubby 1.5 for a reason. It is a dense, beautifully soft smaller brush with a lot of backbone. If it doesn't sell this weekend, I will happily keep this baby for my travel brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom