What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

20210721_194203-01.jpeg

Razor: Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (3)

It really can't get any smoother than today's third shave with the Polsilver.
3 passes, no nicks or irritation. BBS without touch ups. A very efficient combo.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I think a ⬆ high efficiency razor ⬆ is one you deem a high efficiency razor (for you).

7-22-21.W40olfman.1.15.Wizamet.Vitos.RV-D01.6.JPG

I could argue the Wolfman WR2 1.15 is not a high efficiency razor for me because it takes a lot of work to achieve a smooth and close shave (on my chin, soul patch, upper lip, and neck). However, the razor does seem to eventually get the job done pretty well without causing me problems. Lots of points to the razor for not causing me problems and allowing me to do enough work to achieve a pretty good shave (or better).

Some razors are more efficient but at a price too high for me to pay.

Maybe the issue is whether the razor is balanced and effective. Comfortable and efficient enough.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Is this one high efficiency? I am not sure. But I am sure I had a super smooth and close shave this morning. So efficient for sure. Does it fit in the highly efficient category? What do you guys think? It’s the H&S N075.

View attachment 1300389
Glad you like it! I've so far found the price of entry too high to explore those razors, which is rather fickle of me because I certainly have not been deterred by the cost of some others that I own. Plus there's that nagging truth that I don't need more razors, so it's taking bigger lures to draw me out of the reeds these days.

July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Liquirizia e Menta
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (7)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST [home brew]

A good refreshing shave. :biggrin:
As much as I love my TFS soaps, I'm tempted to get another Bignoli (really nice stuff)... in a less polarizing scent.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June and July
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
20210722_145910~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11365622

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Liquirizia e Menta
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (7)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST [home brew]

A good refreshing shave. :biggrin:
As much as I love my TFS soaps, I'm tempted to get another Bignoli (really nice stuff)... in a less polarizing scent.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Bignoli...

Another Italian soap to try sometime albeit not in that flavor.

Is the shave/lather similar to any other Italian soap?

Happy shaves,

Jim

20210722_211532-01.jpeg
Razor: Above The Tie H2-plate open comb
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (4)

What a ride today. The ATT with H2 head is likely one of if not the most agressive razor in my den. It provides a whole lot of blade feel (similar to Mühle's R41) and it's merciless when it comes to mowing down the whiskers. Due to the head geometry/how the head bends the blade, it requires an extremely soft touch, as otherwise it'll bite. Therefore it's not a razor to choose if one has to catch the bus.

Nevertheless, it as a highly efficient razor and though the blade feel is pronounced it doesn't feel scrapy. I like it, even though the shaving comfort is a tad reduced in comparision to other razors.

I just might need to have some more spins with this razor in order get used to it better. An increase of shaving comfort might be a likely result.

Needed 2 passes only to get an almost bbs face feel. One nick (too much pressure applied), but no irritation.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 1300795Razor: Above The Tie H2-plate open comb
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (4)

What a ride today. The ATT with H2 head is likely one of if not the most agressive razor in my den. It provides a whole lot of blade feel (similar to Mühle's R41) and it's merciless when it comes to mowing down the whiskers. Due to the head geometry/how the head bends the blade, it requires an extremely soft touch, as otherwise it'll bite. Therefore it's not a razor to choose if one has to catch the bus.

Nevertheless, it as a highly efficient razor and though the blade feel is pronounced it doesn't feel scrapy. I like it, even though the shaving comfort is a tad reduced in comparision to other razors.

I just might need to have some more spins with this razor in order get used to it better. An increase of shaving comfort might be a likely result.

Needed 2 passes only to get an almost bbs face feel. One nick (too much pressure applied), but no irritation.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Shavemac synthetic? How do you like it?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Today I took a spin through my vintage collection and pulled out a 1926 Gillette OLD Type SLANTED on an IKON Bamboo stainless handle. This is one highly efficient shaver. The slanted head removes any of the typical OLD Type roughness. The shave smooths out tremendously. Which in turn remedies any issues one may have had with weepers and whatnots. The IKON handle adds a much needed measure of weight and balance to the shave. Even with a very mediocre blade, my shave was a solid DFS result. It was a very enjoyable shave. The Full Measure of Man set is awesome as well.

2021-07-23 08.29.16.jpg

Been looking forward to this shave!
Rex ambassador (setting 6 on all 3 passes)
Vintage Polsilver (5th use)
Razor Emporium Badger brush
Captains choice copper bowl

PAA Ice cube
Razor Emporium Old school soap
Razor emporium old school splash

This was an excellent shave using some new things. I'll start by saying those folks at Razor Emporium knocked this stuff out of the park.

The soap and splash were perfect. The scent was solid and a great leather scent but also clean. Scent strength is about a 5 or 6/10. The lather was very easy to make and the quality is up there with any popular artisan.
This soap and splash left my face feeling soft and clean.

The brush was also new. Very nice handle. The badger I believe is a best badger. Very minimal scritch (I dont like scritch). I thought I wasn't going to like it when I felt a tiny amount of scritch but each time I lathered it I loved this brush more and more. It lathered soap very easily and has a great flow through, and doesn't eat your lather. It is also still very comfy to face lather with.

I had zero feedback from alum block and zero burn from the alcohol in the splash. Jusy a nice, comfy, BBS.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's Shavemac Synthetic 26/54.
It's got quite some backbone, so it doesn't splay super easy - but it provides a nice scrub. The tips are soft.

Overall, it's a brush that might be liked by those who basically prefer boar brushes over badger brushes.

It lathers soaps easily.

Thank you. It sounds like a very good synthetic which would appeal to a lot of gentlemen.

(I have only one synthetic, the Omega Evo. I like it. I've no plans to buy another synthetic.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom