What's new

AVEO MEN shaving brush (boar bristle)

AVEO is the brand of the Müller cosmetics/drug store here, and this brush sells for 2.99 euros and is said to be made in Germany. I think that the same knot is used for the Wilkinson Sword boar bristle brush here; I don't own it, but the only difference I can see is the handles.

IMG_20210716_221025.jpgIMG_20210715_210708(1).jpg

I've only used it a couple of times so far, and it feels a bit stiff and dense on the face, but I cannot really argue with the result, which is a very good lather. However, it does tend to eat up the lather for a 3rd pass, well, more than my Omega boar bristle brush at least, but perhaps it is still breaking in.

In the end I think it is a decent and good brush, without even considering the price.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
AVEO is the brand of the Müller cosmetics/drug store here, and this brush sells for 2.99 euros and is said to be made in Germany. I think that the same knot is used for the Wilkinson Sword boar bristle brush here; I don't own it, but the only difference I can see is the handles.

View attachment 1300395View attachment 1300399

I've only used it a couple of times so far, and it feels a bit stiff and dense on the face, but I cannot really argue with the result, which is a very good lather. However, it does tend to eat up the lather for a 3rd pass, well, more than my Omega boar bristle brush at least, but perhaps it is still breaking in.

In the end I think it is a decent and good brush, without even considering the price.
What soap is that?

Yup, the new one is without tallow.
Why is everyone ruining everything?

Well, anyway, this is how I do it with the AVEO MEN brush (don't know if it is right or wrong, and feedback is appreciated):
-soak the brush for 10 mins in warm water
-sprinkle some warm water on the soap too
-give the brush 2-3 good shakes
-load for 30 secs (initially it looks too wet, but soon the bubbles go away)
-face lather (face is also wet)

Why is everyone ruining everything?

Well, anyway, this is how I do it with the AVEO MEN brush (don't know if it is right or wrong, and feedback is appreciated):
-soak the brush for 10 mins in warm water
-sprinkle some warm water on the soap too
-give the brush 2-3 good shakes
-load for 30 secs (initially it looks too wet, but soon the bubbles go away)
-face lather (face is also wet)
Exactly what i do, but my soaking is longer, i start soak, then i go eat and drink coffee ;D its maybi 10-30min for me.

Top Bottom