What's new

New Razorock BBS models

I'm interested in the BBS - AS razor. I had the aluminum BBS and enjoyed it but it lacked a bit of efficiency. I think the bit of blade gap will help.
that's weird. The aluminum lupo is a pretty efficient shaver for me and I shave every 6 or 7 days. I also have the razorock lupo .95. that is an efficient razor as well. I pulled the trigger on the razorock bbs as. should be getting it today. I did not plan on getting another razor, but I saw the bbs as was available for 70 dollars (free shipping) and had to jump on it.

Gonna have to snag the “AS”

I had the original BBS and it was a smooth driver… just not aggressive enough for me. I have a feeling the “AS” model will solve that.

Nice work ItalianBarber!

Haven’t shaved with it yet but the OC BBS head is beautiful to look at.

Attachments

• AA2CCAC3-4D70-4572-82D1-7B1BEE866107.jpeg
    AA2CCAC3-4D70-4572-82D1-7B1BEE866107.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 126
  • B0544EF7-D18F-4E08-8873-6F1D05733AA9.jpeg
    B0544EF7-D18F-4E08-8873-6F1D05733AA9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 125

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Google Windrose razor handles. They have an Etsy store. I find this one a bit heavy and thick (otherwise it’s perfect, lol) and only use it once in a while. I hope the new OC BBS head is a keeper in my rotation!

Sure looks similar to a Gillette Old Type.

Hopefully, it will also shave like one. :)

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Haven’t shaved with it yet but the OC BBS head is beautiful to look at.
Fantastic, it looks like they got it right with the more rounded teeth on the open comb, than the straight out pokey type like on my GC. Looking forward to some reviews.

Just shaved with the new BBS OC. Before giving my thoughts on its performance I want everyone to know I really enjoy Razorock razors.

I have most of Razorock’s razors and feel I am in the minority saying I don’t really enjoy the Game Changer models. I prefer the Mamba and Lupo versions. To me they are smoother shavers. The Mamba 70 and Lupo (aluminum) have been in my rotation for a few years and I really love them. I have the stainless BBS closed comb and think of it as a cousin to the Mamba - they are similar.

Before tonight, my last shave was with the stainless steel PAA Ascension open comb - the one advertised as twist adjustable. I find it to be a very close shave but a rough shave. For me there’s too much blade feel to be an everyday razor.

The stainless BSS is similar to the PAA because it applies a very similar curve to the blade. You can twist adjust the BBS the same as you can the PAA Ascension. And that’s where the similarity ends.

The BBS OC is excellent! The OC head distinguishes itself from its Mamba cousins offering something different. I do feel Razorock has a ‘house feel’ and the BBS is on the smoother side (the JAWS being a bit rough on my face). Blade feel is slightly greater than the Mamba 70 but there’s no worry of being nicked. It’s great under and around the nose and excellent for scrubbing against the grain. I enjoyed it and will keep it in my rotation until - if/when - I replace it with something else.

For anyone interested in finding common ground, my favorite razors are on the mild side (Tatara Masamune is my favorite followed by Razorock Mamba 70). I’d include the new BBS OC on the list of favorites - it’s similar but different. It might be the best OC I’ve used. I really loved it.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Just shaved with the new BBS OC. Before giving my thoughts on its performance I want everyone to know I really enjoy Razorock razors.

I have most of Razorock’s razors and feel I am in the minority saying I don’t really enjoy the Game Changer models. I prefer the Mamba and Lupo versions. To me they are smoother shavers. The Mamba 70 and Lupo (aluminum) have been in my rotation for a few years and I really love them. I have the stainless BBS closed comb and think of it as a cousin to the Mamba - they are similar.

Before tonight, my last shave was with the stainless steel PAA Ascension open comb - the one advertised as twist adjustable. I find it to be a very close shave but a rough shave. For me there’s too much blade feel to be an everyday razor.

The stainless BSS is similar to the PAA because it applies a very similar curve to the blade. You can twist adjust the BBS the same as you can the PAA Ascension. And that’s where the similarity ends.

The BBS OC is excellent! The OC head distinguishes itself from its Mamba cousins offering something different. I do feel Razorock has a ‘house feel’ and the BBS is on the smoother side (the JAWS being a bit rough on my face). Blade feel is slightly greater than the Mamba 70 but there’s no worry of being nicked. It’s great under and around the nose and excellent for scrubbing against the grain. I enjoyed it and will keep it in my rotation until - if/when - I replace it with something else.

For anyone interested in finding common ground, my favorite razors are on the mild side (Tatara Masamune is my favorite followed by Razorock Mamba 70). I’d include the new BBS OC on the list of favorites - it’s similar but different. It might be the best OC I’ve used. I really loved it.
Great review, thanks!

I got the whole set yesterday, I always enjoyed the original BBS as it was very smooth but the BBS didn’t last very long. I used the AS plate last night and with a 3 pass shave got an easy BBS that lasted 12 hours, so almost double the original, but it was still extremely smooth. Will try OC next.

Fantastic review! Having two PAA DOC Ascensions, which I love (steel and copper)
As well as Razorock GC .68p, GC .84p, Lupo 72, including a Mamba 53 that I used almost exclusively for 4 years when I only had 3 razors (before insane RAD.. ) this is great news to hear on the comparison.

I used the OC baseplate today, while it was smooth I had more blade feel than the AS baseplate and needed a touch more buffing to equal the BBS of the AS plate. Still a very nice shave, and probably would be preferred by guys who like a little more blade feel. For me AS stays, OC will be leaving.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I used the OC baseplate today, while it was smooth I had more blade feel than the AS baseplate and needed a touch more buffing to equal the BBS of the AS plate. Still a very nice shave, and probably would be preferred by guys who like a little more blade feel. For me AS stays, OC will be leaving.

I'll see how the OC plate shaves. If the OC plate doesn't cut it (;)), I'll grab the AS plate. :cool:

Top Bottom