What's new

What Are You Reading?

I've seen some translations of The Idiot with author name as - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, hence the doubt about the correct spelling of the Author.

Ps: Penguin Classics transliterate the spelling as Dostoyevsky

Both are correct as far as I can tell, it's just that I saw Dostoyevsky on more than one occasion.
I've been trying to finish Crime and Punishment for 20 years lol. Enjoy your reading!

I've been trying to finish Crime and Punishment for 20 years lol.

Try finding an audio version that is closest to the book you have, and read the book while you listen to the audio. I must have close to a dozen editions of The Count of Monte Cristo (my favorite book), from a 1957 Classic Illustrated Comic, to a $4 paperback, to a $700 5 vol, illustrated, leather-bound set. No two English versions of the book are the same, but the most enjoyable read is listening to a free audio version I found that matches closest to one of my editions of the book.

I just received The Light, The Darkness, and the Ember Between by J.W. Nicklaus (a member on B&B). It is a collection of short stories, described as:

"Fiction/Drama, Humor, Romance

This book is a collection of uplifting images that delve into the
reflections of the human condition. These stories will cause you to
think, laugh, and even cry at the beauty of emotional memories..."

After reading many of his posts, which are so eloquently written, I knew this would be a good read.

Well, I just finished the first of fifteen stories and I can confirm I was absolutely right. [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Try finding an audio version that is closest to the book you have, and read the book while you listen to the audio. I must have close to a dozen editions of The Count of Monte Cristo (my favorite book), from a 1957 Classic Illustrated Comic, to a $4 paperback, to a $700 5 vol, illustrated, leather-bound set. No two English versions of the book are the same, but the most enjoyable read is listening to a free audio version I found that matches closest to one of my editions of the book.

Crime and Punishment is a true Classic!

I've had this one on my "to read" shelf of my home library for ever. Have greatly enjoyed several others by Ambrose. I share a birthday with him, which is probably a silly reason to like someone, but I've always appreciated him as a historian/author.
I really like him as well, I read this one probably 40 years ago! His “undaunted Courage” about the Lewis and Clark expedition is one I’ve read several times!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've been trying to finish Crime and Punishment for 20 years lol. Enjoy your reading!
I’ve always flown through Dostoevsky, but hate Tolstoy. I have never made it through Anna Karenina, and War and Peace has been a four decade battle I’ve never won.

Top Bottom