What's new

Broman SE Razor First Use & Thoughts

hey people so I just used my much anticipated broman SE Razor or the first time and also used a Perma Sharp de blade for the first time

After about say four five strokes going with the grain I was like this thing is amazing, now going with and across the grain it's good but against the grain wasn't as efficient as say the twig SE razor and seems to be a bit more mild but I reckon this could be a daily driver if you like to shave every day or every two days as it's mild and can take take of a few days of stubble

I reckon that if I had about 5-6 days of stubble onwards it really would've struggled, can't say if it's due to the blade as I'm pretty sure from what I've read and seen Perma Sharp are regard as a sharp and smooth blade

I will give this broman SE Razor a go with a nacet and a feather, something I reckon that might just be a tad bit sharper

Just bare in mind I'm a head shaver and I have very thick coarse hair and I've been shaving my head since about 17 years of age tbh

This razor has me thinking about the whole shaving across the grain,
When I shave across the grain I get BBS and it takes slightly longer to grow but is it really worth that bit of irritation?

I might start shaving with and across the grain only to test the waters and see how it feels and how much quicker the hair grows back

Only thing is I like that BBS feeling of being able to run my hands across my scalp without feeling any grain, which ever direction I go

Either way I like the razor as I reckon with the broman I will be able to get a shave or two extra in a week, as let's face it most head shavers imo don't shave more then say 3 or more times in a week

Anyone know what material the broman SE Razor is made of?

Feels really good quality and I love the grip tbh, like the stand and the fact that the blade are held within the stand which acts as a container

I had to wait patiently for one of these razors to come up but I'm surprised they're not stocking them no more and if theyre no longer in business because I really do think this razor has huge potential with people crossing over from cartridge razor to see/de razors

Anyways really interested to see what you guys think of the broman compared to what I'm saying, do you disagree or agree?

...Anyone know what material the broman SE Razor is made of?

Feels really good quality and I love the grip tbh, like the stand and the fact that the blade are held within the stand which acts as a container...
It's looks to be die-cast alloy, probably zinc alloy, with a satin chrome plating.

Reactions: saj
Too lazy to walk upstairs to shoot mine for you to borrow 🤪

it is probably zinc alloy coated

and yes I was on the indi gogo list so I have it for almost as long as the wait to ship so some time. And still like it. Unfortunately as a company they seem to be in oblivion. Last time I have seen one in stock is in an Australian shop making shipping a bit pricy for a spare.

it does not clog so longer hair is no real issue (shaved my pits with it).

realy lives up with a bic, nacet or my fav a kai.

Attachments

• B010EB45-466E-4A3B-84D2-40B095D1059D.jpeg
    B010EB45-466E-4A3B-84D2-40B095D1059D.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 34
Too lazy to walk upstairs to shoot mine for you to borrow 🤪

it is probably zinc alloy coated

and yes I was on the indi gogo list so I have it for almost as long as the wait to ship so some time. And still like it. Unfortunately as a company they seem to be in oblivion. Last time I have seen one in stock is in an Australian shop making shipping a bit pricy for a spare.

it does not clog so longer hair is no real issue (shaved my pits with it).

realy lives up with a bic, nacet or my fav a kai.
So how long you had yours?

You tried it with a perma sharp?

Nope, but I followed them for awhile when the crowdsourcing was going on.
i really like the groove within the handle, really helps with the grip, never feel like youll drop it at all tbh
Jan 2020 and they were delivered with perma sharps so I did
They took some getting used to but nice comfy razor though I tend to shave more with de lately
when was the last time you used the broman and is it in your rotation?

Broman is at least a month back and I do not have a real rotation. Meaning i can shave for months with the same razor until I get bored, nicked and then I change for some time.

I got my Broman about a year ago (looks like I was lucky to get one). I really like it - it is a mild shaver so try it with a sharp blade like a Feather or Nacet. Having said that, I also really like the Permasharps too. I rotate it in a 3 week cycle along with a Schick injector and the Gillette Guard.

Broman is at least a month back and I do not have a real rotation. Meaning i can shave for months with the same razor until I get bored, nicked and then I change for some time.
Yea just whatever your mood is like yea? I'm a bit like that tbh, go through phases

I got my Broman about a year ago (looks like I was lucky to get one). I really like it - it is a mild shaver so try it with a sharp blade like a Feather or Nacet. Having said that, I also really like the Permasharps too. I rotate it in a 3 week cycle along with a Schick injector and the Gillette Guard.
Tbh I want to try out the feather and nacet in it because I did get one or two cuts with the broman and I blame that on having to keep going over the same bit multiple times as I'm a head shaver and I've got thick and coarse hair tbh

You got to check out the twig razor it's better then the broman for as it's mild but much more efficient but the broman has a pivoting head which the twig doesnt

You got to check out the twig razor it's better then the broman for as it's mild but much more efficient but the broman has a pivoting head which the twig doesnt

Yeah - the Twig looks really great! My next purchase will either be a Twig or a Supply Injector.

Perhaps off-topic, but what's the point of having a SE razor that utilizes half DE blades? Does it not make more sense to use a regular DE razor, instead?

To me, a true SE razor is the one that loads GEM, old Shick injector and AC blades. These blades are tick and rigid and provide noticeably different shaving experience, while DE blade snapped in half is still just a plain DE blade...

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Top Bottom