What's new

Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless

Haha!! Oops
I must admit, I didn't even read your post.

I was ALL done at the reference to "shart week!"

In a VERY non-typical reaction for me, I giggled like I always do when I type out "Fatboy"....

And have decided that I am going to copyright "Shart Week" and start a thread involving Shark Blades and the werstest other equipment that people have in their possession!

Who is with me, and who has enough courage to actually start the thread, as I am much too BUSY (okay, lazy) to do so.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
First shave with Wizamet Polsilver SS (PIFed blade)

Razor: NDC Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Polsilver SS
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap : Proraso Green (Tub)

I managed a solid DFS with the above gear, but it wasn't as comfortable as I expected. THe blade seemed harsh and rough during the shave. Afterwards though, there was no reaction from the alum or the astringent WH, and no post shave irritation of any sort.

After today's postal delivery, this Participation PIF turned into every man's dream - a three way.

View attachment 1299200
Do you think it'll get better the second shave? I'm planning my first shave tonight.

Day 7
Polsilver blade (new blade)
Razor: ATT SSR1
Soap: Seville, Barrister & Mann
Oil: Truefit & Hill

Comments: Well, I did remember to try the second shave with this set-up (see posts #185 and #195 for more details). It was well worth it. The blade was still smooth, even in what for me is a more aggressive razor. The shave itself was excellent. I have enjoyed my mini-experiment and wish to thank @Grundi and @SpaceCadet once again for this opportunity.

I must admit, I didn't even read your post.

I was ALL done at the reference to "shart week!"

In a VERY non-typical reaction for me, I giggled like I always do when I type out "Fatboy"....

And have decided that I am going to copyright "Shart Week" and start a thread involving Shark Blades and the werstest other equipment that people have in their possession!

Who is with me, and who has enough courage to actually start the thread, as I am much too BUSY (okay, lazy) to do so.

Not me! I try to avoid sharts.

My blades just arrived today!!
Thank you again to Grundi and SpaceCadet who do so much to keep everyone involved with their generosity, including your Northern neighbors:)
Tomorrow's shave will be an unobtainium Polsilver in a Universal shavette.
I am also giving one to my neighbor ( a retired barber) to see what he thinks as well.

Shave six today loaded in my Pearl Flexi. I did my usual routine with the Flexi starting out at 3.5 for WTG and 2.5 for ATG.

The WTG pass went very smoothly as I have come to expect with this blade. It cut down most of my whiskers in the first pass and so again, I could have just done some heavy touch up and be done. However, since I had my 2.5 setting for ATG all ready to go, and a good soap lathered, I went ahead with my ATG pass. It was not as efficient as I had expected, and so there was some serious touch up, but no XTG pass.

After six shaves, the Polsilver is still holding a very sharp edge. I think if I had stayed with the 3.5 setting for my WTG pass, I wouldn't have worked so hard for tonight's BBS. However, that would have taken the fun out of shaving with an adjustable.

I just received my latest razor from PAA today. They are releasing their original BOCS but in ABS plastic instead and their first offering is the clone of the Fasan Wonder Woman slant. Since I usually test out my new razors with a well used blade, there is no better one than my Polsilver with six shaves on it.

FarmerTan

Be careful as you might cut your throat with that Razor. :w00t: Then the War Department will have to stitch you up & ground you to your room.! :yikes:
Here is a picture of a picture I took probably 32 or 33 years ago. If you are observant, you can see that isshe both exasperated with, and trying not to laugh at me: IMG_20210717_223926598~2.jpg

Hey guys broke out the new blade ( thank you again for allowing me to participate), after about 6 days or so of the wizamet. The truth is the wizamet could have gone a bit longer but I was getting a bit impatient ;)

The set up:

Razor : Birthday black beauty - my default setting @4 - slightly conservative but functional.

brush : muhle silver tip. Only brush I own but works for face lathering for me.

preshave: T&H preshave. I do not think I need this nor am I entirely convinced it does anything but ...

soap / cream : Murphy and McNeil green man. Is it a soap, is it a cream ? Who is to say? This is actually two ( maggard) green man samples smashed together into a old AoS wooden bowl, this lasts 2 + weeks even for super soft soaps like M&M. I would not say M&M is my standard bearer to be honest but it is quite good ( with say wizamet and platinums etc )

Post shave : SV 70th anniversary. Some Roman Gods made this stuff. Buy it immediately !!

Day 1/ 2 : Day 1 was a 3 pass evening shave ( coming from a few days of evening shaves ). While I was expecting this blade to remind me of the wizamet, it reminded me a bit more of a astra stainless. A bit harsh, further I would say it was definitely not BBS in the way I am used to. Could definitely feel it in an alum block. ( Even if I do not need it, I find alum blocks a nice way of quickly getting a sense of how things went. )

As I was not quite expecting that, I opted for a day 2 post shower morning shave. Ended up a bit smoother and a bit closer but still firmly in a DFS category.

It is possible I just do not really agree with uncoated blades but am going to switch to T&H UC ( not a sample ). This is the cream/soap I judge all other creams by and dial myself down to 3.

My top blades tend to be platinum and wizamet (and astra SP ( not SS) is okay for me as well). I would not quite put this in that category but I would also not say 2 days of sampling a single blade is a proper sample size :)

avi

99902796-5C21-49D5-8F2C-6237663BC96A.jpeg

Last edited:
Shave #9 still on the first blade, never ever had a blade last this long

Blade: Polsilver Stainless (9) on to shave #10
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL 28mm Finest, Bulb Knot
Soap: MDC Argumes
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 47110B6A9AAF-A2E2-4D05-912C-512E553B0E5B.jpeg45B50070-2B64-4CBB-AD76-B4C017CCF386.jpeg3C31AC37-D151-43F8-876C-2E3DAEABC370.jpeg90E28776-9D2C-40A6-9C34-17623EE12BB1.jpeg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

FarmerTan

For those of you that just couldn't wait for my report:

Oh My My My!!! That shave was my first use of a Schick Krona. UNBELIEVABLE. No kiddin'. EASILY the best shave I have ever received from a TTO razor. EASILY. I obtained (stole) it from @Old School TSD quite a long time ago, along with my first Old Type. Old Type I only used during Shart Week (giggle), so that is not a fair test. I'll try to break that Old Type out again during Arko August, with a GSB?

Anyway, speaking of a GSB: this blade is EVERY BIT the equal of the second shave on a GSB. Awesome blade.

I've got 57? or so shaves on a GSB, and it's last shave may have been it's last; it was kinda a tiny bit ruff. But I could see this here blade from our man in Israel, and Humphrey Bogart lasting over a hundred. UNBELIEVABLY smooth shave.

I used the soap and mug (with CUSTOM MADE LID doggone!) from my friend @Tanuki and the experimental brush that hasn't been rinsed in I forget how long that my even older friend @BudgetShaverGuy Thank you @Space_Cadet and @Grundi for keeping me out of trouble with the War Department!

Excellent blades. A tiny bit rough but nice and sharp and demolished my 48 hour beard.

These are one of the best blades I have ever used. Not head and shoulders better than Wizamets, Nacets, Feather and Polsilver SIs, but absolutely on the same level.

I just bought 200 from Ireland. I paid a bit of a premium, but I don’t care. 👍 Still cheaper than KAIs.

25F95BD1-4C4F-43A6-8D37-E7C3F46C2108.jpeg

Top Bottom