What's new

you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It is a hobby to some, (well MANY here LOL) and hobbies tend to cost giant piles of money. If all you want is a shave you can get it on the cheap. As long as you aren't forsaking food or your children's healthcare for it it is no one's business but your own. I am down to a very simple shave setup and PIF'd my meager collection of razors so others could enjoy them. We will not discuss my guitars or guns or tools of course!
Those last three things you mentioned are exempt...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have inexpensive razors, mid-priced razors and expensive razors. But I've never counted all of them. Somewhere over 100. :cool:

As long as yer kids are fed, big deal....

Your wife can buy her OWN food doggone!

*don't tell the War Department please*

As an aside, my goal is to learn as much as I can about a lot of different razors. Different designs, required technique, best blade match, etc..... :cool:

My Bride has jewelry and clothes. ;)

The kids are all over 30 and have finally learned how to feed themselves. ;)

FarmerTan

As an aside, my goal is to learn as much as I can about a lot of different razors. Different designs, required technique, best blade match, etc..... :cool:

We each have an "allowance"...... But..... I'm the ONLY one of us that has to justify the "money wasted on luxuries!"

That woman is beyond perfect for me. How she has put up with me this long is an unbelievable miracle.... But..." One of these days, Alice......!"

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I know guys on here that own a hundred razors, but are pretty conservative with soaps, brushes and other products. I know guys on here who own a hundred brushes, but have only a couple of razors. I own 200 aftershaves, but have only one soap for each of the four seasons and a stick of Arko for travel. So many, will lean one way over a preferred thing, while being very frugal in others.

The guys that own a hundred soaps, a hundred creams, a hundred brushes, razors, aftershaves?

Those guys have problems... ;)

FarmerTan

I know guys on here that own a hundred razors, but are pretty conservative with soaps, brushes and other products. I know guys on here who own a hundred brushes, but have only a couple of razors. I own 200 aftershaves, but have only one soap for each of the four seasons and a stick of Arko for travel. So many, will lean one way over a preferred thing, while being very frugal in others.

The guys that own a hundred soaps, a hundred creams, a hundred brushes, razors aftershaves?

Those guys have problems... ;)
Don't look at me! Aftershave is my downfall! I'm with you: them fellers that got problems with all the other stuff are a mess!

I'm pretty sure @Ad Astra has that trouble...

Guilt isn't exactly the right word. Guilt implies someone else judging your purchases, which can certainly be a problem. But it's just me. Oh, at first, I went a little crazy on soaps and creams, but I calmed down quickly enough, with no guilt. I haven't exactly become a minimalist, but it is one lather bowl, one brush, one razor, one blade bank, one brand of blades; tons of soaps and creams, but only 5-8 in active rotation, since I discovered MdC.

Top Bottom