What's new

you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I'm not gonna lie I sometimes feel lie it's just too much and then sometimes I'm like look you save so much money not going barbers etc for head shaves just enjoy it

I don't know of any of you can relate to this sort of inner struggle?

I'm not saying I've got the most gear etc but I'm just way it's just OTT no doubt but its kinda addictive too,

Let's face it most shaving gear is brought online so it's like so easy couple of clicks and worse it's on your smartphone a few taps and the deed is done 😬

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I'm not gonna lie I sometimes feel lie it's just too much and then sometimes I'm like look you save so much money not going barbers etc for head shaves just enjoy it

I don't know of any of you can relate to this sort of inner struggle?

I'm not saying I've got the most gear etc but I'm just way it's just OTT no doubt but its kinda addictive too,

Let's face it most shaving gear is brought online so it's like so easy couple of clicks and worse it's on your smartphone a few taps and the deed is done 😬

No, I do not feel guilty at all about my ShavingADD. :cool:

No, I do not feel guilty at all about my ShavingADD. :cool:

Not saying you have to justify it to me or anyone mate but I'm just curious buddy when you say don't feel guilty like how do you justify having so much shaving gear?

Tbh I don't know if I'm just being too self critical? Keep hearing about that I should love myself and be kind to myself, so maybe It could just be that? God knows 🤷

I almost felt guilty once. But it was just almost and it’s never happened again.
Why do you think the thought crossed your mind for a split second?

Tbh buddy I remember your post saying you found what you like in terms of razor, blade etc etc so you're pretty settled on your routine of what gear to use, so maybe that's why you don't think twice about it?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not saying you have to justify it to me or anyone mate but I'm just curious buddy when you say don't feel guilty like how do you justify having so much shaving gear?

Tbh I don't know if I'm just being too self critical? Keep hearing about that I should love myself and be kind to myself, so maybe It could just be that? God knows 🤷

I can understand your thought process about it. Several years ago, I walked into a old school downtown Barber Supply. They had everything you could think of, aftershaves, soaps, brushes, razors. An older married couple who own the Supply and run it were there. I grabbed a few things and went to the register and the wife was working the register at the time.

She took my money and I attempted to make a bit of conversation with her about the resurgence of old school wetshaving, and how popular it has become on shave forums and acquisitions and stuff. Her response, kinda surprised me a bit since she owns a barber supply.

She basically said to me, " I am so thankful my husband doesn't do all that." I responded to her, he doesn't shave with a brush and soap or cream? And she was like, "Thank GOD, NO!" Her expressions to me seemed like she was thankful that he just simply went in with a can of foam and a plastic disposable and got it over with.

I almost could perceive, she didn't think it was very masculine or manly, to own a bunch of shave stuff and make a fuss about it? I left there thinking, She didn't even seem to appreciate the extra business the movement would bring for them?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Because I want to have that much shaving gear. I paid for all of it myself, and I do not feel the need to justify it to myself at all. :cool:

When I decide I do not want this much shaving gear, I will sell, trade and/or PIF the stuff I no longer want. :)

I can understand your thought process about it. Several years ago, I walked into a old school downtown Barber Supply. They had everything you could think of, aftershaves, soaps, brushes, razors. An older married couple who own the Supply and run it were there. I grabbed a few things and went to the register and the wife was working the register at the time.

She took my money and I attempted to make a bit of conversation with her about the resurgence of old school wetshaving, and how popular it has become on shave forums and acquisitions and stuff. Her response, kinda surprised me a bit since she owns a barber supply.

She basically said to me, " I am so thankful my husband doesn't do all that." I responded to her, he doesn't shave with a brush and soap or cream? And she was like, "Thank GOD, NO!" Her expressions to me seemed like she was thankful that he just simply went in with a can of foam and a plastic disposable and got it over with.

I almost could perceive, she didn't think it was very masculine or manly, to own a bunch of shave stuff and make a fuss about it? I left there thinking, She didn't even seem to appreciate the extra business the movement would bring for them?

Not sure what to say about that, could be hes into oth stuff and she's just glad he's not into shaving too? I dunno tbh

For the record I'm not saying have a handful of razors, blades, soaps etc but I mean like I've got I don't know of the top of my head how many razors I got but it's easily maybe 15-20 onwards I reckon and it's like seems like sooo much just for one guy if I'm being honest and at the same time I'm thinking no use getting rid of them as I've got them now but part of me always want more

I sort of have a theory why that is,
now I don't know anyone personally into wet shaving in real life so when I see something I fancy trying out I have to get it, it's not like I could just ask a mate or cousin so test it out if they've got one you know?

Because I want to have that much shaving gear. I paid for all of it myself, and I do not feel the need to justify it to myself at all. :cool:

When I decide I do not want this much shaving gear, I will sell, trade and/or PIF the stuff I no longer want. :)
I seen your thread about razors within a price bracket you own (if I remember correctly), just curious mate how many razors you got?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not sure what to say about that, could be hes into oth stuff and she's just glad he's not into shaving too? I dunno tbh

For the record I'm not saying have a handful of razors, blades, soaps etc but I mean like I've got I don't know of the top of my head how many razors I got but it's easily maybe 15-20 onwards I reckon and it's like seems like sooo much just for one guy if I'm being honest and at the same time I'm thinking no use getting rid of them as I've got them now but part of me always want more

I sort of have a theory why that is,
now I don't know anyone personally into wet shaving in real life so when I see something I fancy trying out I have to get it, it's not like I could just ask a mate or cousin so test it out if they've got one you know?

I have been on this forum a decade. In those 10 years, I acquired a bunch of shave stuff those first 5 years; and now, have spent the last 5 years, getting rid of a bunch of shave stuff and minimizing my shave den down to just the few razors, soaps, and brushes I know I like and will use.

It still seems like I have a lifetime of shave stuff. Might be the 200 aftershaves I own? :)

I have been on this forum a decade. In those 10 years, I acquired a bunch of shave stuff those first 5 years; and now, have spent the last 5 years, getting rid of a bunch of shave stuff and minimizing my shave den down to just the few razors, soaps, and brushes I know I like and will use.

It still seems like I have a lifetime of shave stuff. Might be the 200 aftershaves I own? :)
No way, you really got 200 aftershaves? Lol that's a crazy amount what's your favourite one? I must know lol

Sometime, but then I look at my wife's shoe collection and immediately feel better!

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
Best reply yet lool 😂

You do have a point though, just because we men doesn't mean we can't treat ourselves, I'm just saying isnt it a bit excessive when you really think about it?

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
It is a hobby to some, (well MANY here LOL) and hobbies tend to cost giant piles of money. If all you want is a shave you can get it on the cheap. As long as you aren't forsaking food or your children's healthcare for it it is no one's business but your own. I am down to a very simple shave setup and PIF'd my meager collection of razors so others could enjoy them. We will not discuss my guitars or guns or tools of course!

Why do you think the thought crossed your mind for a split second?

Tbh buddy I remember your post saying you found what you like in terms of razor, blade etc etc so you're pretty settled on your routine of what gear to use, so maybe that's why you don't think twice about it?
I bought a Winning Razor recently for no reason. I have four razors in the drawer that I never use. I certainly didn’t need a new razor.

When it arrived, I almost felt guilty for not talking to my wife before ordering it. But then I thought of all her shoes, handbags and half a dozen wigs and I got over it.

I’ll PIF the razor to my grandson in a few years when he starts shaving. So, it won’t go to waste.

Top Bottom