What's new

Your favourite Bay Rum Aftershave

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I do a 50/50 mix of Stephen's and Lustray both of which can be easily found and are inexpensive/budget friendly.

1626373701029.png
1626373730604.png

I mix them and decant them into a vintage Avon container I found of eBay

1626373844299.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I can't get the aftershaves since I'm overseas, but I just used my Bay Rum and Sandalwood shave stick today. One of my favorite scents of all my soaps. Can you shave how the scents between the soap and aftershave compare?

I have the Bay Rum and the Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn in deodorant form and am not so much of a fan.
Sorry for not getting back sooner, If you like the soap you will like the Bayrum & sandal wood aftershave more because of the scent strength is louder of coarse and like I mentioned earlier I like to reach for a lot more than some of my other aftershaves.
I just put a order in at Fendrihan Canada for some Ogallala sage & cedarwood soap recently and looking forward to that. If the soap scent is good I might buy the aftershave down the road. I really enjoy Lavender scented soap and aftershaves & put in a order so the Ogallala soap at last minute whim. (Very reasonably priced.)

Sorry for not getting back sooner, If you like the soap you will like the Bayrum & sandal wood aftershave more because of the scent strength is louder of coarse and like I mentioned earlier I like to reach for a lot more than some of my other aftershaves.
I just put a order in at Fendrihan Canada for some Ogallala sage & cedarwood soap recently and looking forward to that. If the soap scent is good I might buy the aftershave down the road. I really enjoy Lavender scented soap and aftershaves & put in a order so the Ogallala soap at last minute whim. (Very reasonably priced.)
Great to hear. Please do share your impressions of the new soap scent.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Great to hear. Please do share your impressions of the new soap scent.
The Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood soap that I have used a couple of times, I find the sage & cedarwood scents mild but the Bayrum with some clove comes through well dominating in the soap base. I find the Ogallala Bayrum sandalwood a very nice scented soap and aftershave products(Aftershave is awesome) & a pleasure for myself. The aftershave comes out Bayrum strong for sometime and then sandalwood sweetens it nicely as it dries down slowly IMO. It has some lasting power but is not that loud a scent to get folks complaining in a office settings but is more for the personal pleasure. I always put a little mid arm to test the strength over time.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have only tried one bay rum, Wahl Bay Run (Australian). I like it but found by adding so Dickinson's witch hazel rounded it out nicely for me. After a bit of experimenting, I settled on 75% bay rum + 25% witch hazel (by volume).

This works well for me but more importantly my girlfriends like it. Their comments are basically that "it smells so manly". Mind you, these same girls prefer the sent of ARKO over my other soaps and creams.

My favorite Bay Rum is Superior 70. It has two things I look for in a B/R - high alcohol and low clove content. Also, a big bottle of it is dirt cheap. I get the impression that it is not really marketed to the fancy artesinal shave crowd - more intended for working class folks who have been using it for generations. The bottle, which I found in the "ethnic" toiletries section at my local Right Aid ain't nothing special - no stopper or color graphics, but what is inside is the real deal, for a small fraction of the price of more upscale brands.

Top Bottom